endlessdream

Non-garoto saunas in Brazil

I went to one called Sauna Carioca Catete on saturday night. on the last saturday of the month and maybe another saturday, they have a 'party' nudity required and all the rooms are open (so it's more like an orgy, rather than going to a room with a guy. The crowd was largely middle aged, largely not fit, and I realized that my preception of Brazilian cocks is heavily skewed. I expected lots of monsters but there really weren't. Some quite small. That said, there were 2 guys with hot bodies, and one, handsome face too around 40, as a squeezed by him (it was very crowded) leaned forward to kiss me and we made out passionately for what seemed like forever, probably 20-30 min. Ordinary dick and I think a bottom also, so it didnt go any farther, but still quite a pleasant experience. Uncomfortably hot, some feeble airconditioning, about 80F with full humidity. Condoms given out at entrance but did not seem to be in use

• Members
4 minutes ago, Canadianbtmguy said:

I went to one called Sauna Carioca Catete on saturday night. on the last saturday of the month and maybe another saturday, they have a 'party' nudity required and all the rooms are open (so it's more like an orgy, rather than going to a room with a guy. The crowd was largely middle aged, largely not fit, and I realized that my preception of Brazilian cocks is heavily skewed. I expected lots of monsters but there really weren't. Some quite small. That said, there were 2 guys with hot bodies, and one, handsome face too around 40, as a squeezed by him (it was very crowded) leaned forward to kiss me and we made out passionately for what seemed like forever, probably 20-30 min. Ordinary dick and I think a bottom also, so it didnt go any farther, but still quite a pleasant experience. Uncomfortably hot, some feeble airconditioning, about 80F with full humidity. Condoms given out at entrance but did not seem to be in use

Lol. So now we know where the hung and non-hung brasileiros go… 

• Members
19 hours ago, Canadianbtmguy said:

I went there on a nude day as well (pre-covid) once; in the afternoon/evening. The crowd was youngish and many with hot bods though. Maybe it depends on the months etc.

In Rio, probably the best one is Rio G Spa in Ipanema. However I like those that are a bit low profile in Botafogo/Flamengo/Catete area; be warned though, they are usually a bit rundown. 

BH, Tres Chic is good before Olimpo. After hours, "24 hours Sauna" near Olimpo. It is very crowded weekend. Sometime there is a queue to go in. People do smoke inside. Cig and sometime weed.

SP has a few good ones. Chilli Pepper is probably the best. Good late evening crowd. You need ID (passport) to go in though as it is marketed as a 'hotel'.

Any city in particular that you wanna know?

• Members

Thank you guys. So all in all, on a good day, it’s worth a visit. How does it work? I pay of course the entrance, from what I see, 35-50 réais. Then the cabine? Condoms and lub? Do I also run into GPs there? I mean do I need to check every time if I need to pay? Thx. 

• Members

Usually no GPs in those non garoto saunas. Unless the 'mix' ones like 520 (Curitiba), Dragon (Fortaleza) and the 2 in Braisilia. They will tell you before you go further.

Usually cabin/cubicle are free. Bring your own condoms and lubes. Like any gay sauna, pay the entrance, roam around the steam/sauna room, dark room etc.

• Members
47 minutes ago, buttercawan said:

Usually no GPs in those non garoto saunas. Unless the 'mix' ones like 520 (Curitiba), Dragon (Fortaleza) and the 2 in Braisilia. They will tell you before you go further.

Usually cabin/cubicle are free. Bring your own condoms and lubes. Like any gay sauna, pay the entrance, roam around the steam/sauna room, dark room etc.

Thx. From your observation, is it possible to score free well hung brasileiros in a normal sauna? I know it depends on who’s talking. 

• Members
2 hours ago, endlessdream said:

Thx. From your observation, is it possible to score free well hung brasileiros in a normal sauna? I know it depends on who’s talking. 

In my experience, the non-garoto saunas in Brazil are very similar to the (fast-disappearing) gay bathhouses in the USA — which means, basically, it’s the normal Western gay male social pecking order. The very few really attractive men are there to hook up with the other very few really attractive men. Pudgy middle-aged guys, bears, fem twinks, and other more commonly moderately to less desirables ordinarily “stay in their lanes” and wind up with each other.

Not the case at the saunas with money boys — where cash rules everything around you. That’s the easiest and best shot for the average schmoe — who would ordinarily be overlooked by the 8s, 9s and 10s in sexually charged, physically important gay environments like bathhouses and circuit parties — to land an Adonis. 

On 5/31/2022 at 7:21 AM, SolaceSoul said:

Not the case at the saunas with money boys — where cash rules everything around you. That’s the easiest and best shot for the average schmoe — who would ordinarily be overlooked by the 8s, 9s and 10s in sexually charged, physically important gay environments like bathhouses and circuit parties — to land an Adonis. 

the above paragraph might be the best advice in this forum.  interesting to see guys struggle with this issue over & over again tho. As mentioned before, some just choose the more difficult path, for whatever reason.  

If only everything was as simple & straightforward as a Brazilian GP sauna 💰  

• Members
1 hour ago, Slvkguy said:

the above paragraph might be the best advice in this forum.  interesting to see guys struggle with this issue over & over again tho. As mentioned before, some just choose the more difficult path, for whatever reason.  

If only everything was as simple & straightforward as a Brazilian GP sauna 💰  

Some people have issues paying for sex.

BigSoupyIsopod-size_restricted.gif

• Members
On 5/31/2022 at 4:21 AM, SolaceSoul said:

In my experience, the non-garoto saunas in Brazil are very similar to the (fast-disappearing) gay bathhouses in the USA — which means, basically, it’s the normal Western gay male social pecking order. The very few really attractive men are there to hook up with the other very few really attractive men. Pudgy middle-aged guys, bears, fem twinks, and other more commonly moderately to less desirables ordinarily “stay in their lanes” and wind up with each other.

This is a most sobering realpolitik post yet. I've been to only 1-2 non-garoto saunas in Brazil. Other slight differences are that, in Brazil, you might find some "very few" really attractive men, whereas in the US, you won't find one at all (at least since the Hollywood Spa closed down, LOL). And the guys in Brazil are a little more friendly and less stand-offish because they are still Brazilians after all.

7 hours ago, davet said:

I have an issue telling anybody that I pay for sex. Which must mean I have issues paying for sex

Most people have issues admitting they pay for sex. It’s totally normal to have issues around this subject matter given the puritanical moral/religious judgements & teachings many of us were exposed to.  Then factor in gay culture where it’s all about “desirability” and paid sex becomes a mortal sin & absolutely taboo. 

However,  my experience is it’s always been one of those things that actually empowering when you claim it - meaning there is no longer any shame attached to it and I don’t care if others approve or understand.

I’ve had many conversations with friends where they want to have a debate that they don’t need to pay for it.  And that misses the point entirely.  It’s not about free vs paid exactly -  it’s about getting what you want when you want it without any requirements/reciprocity/judgement, other than a clean agreed upon financial transaction with the service provider.  

As a side note - I  do not understand guys that travel all the way to Brazil, then want to dabble in the non-garoto saunas to either save money or get some sort of validation.  To me, that would be like going to the best restaurant in Manhattan and having to cook the food and wash the dishes. No - I came to the best restaurant to get an experience I don’t get anywhere else and get the menu items I want without question. It’s really the same thing.  Btw - I’m not reducing the garotos to actual menu items - it’s an example only and I go out of my way to humanize the transaction, overcompensate for the services, and in general - try to leave each situation better than before I arrived. 

To each their own I guess. However, the Brazilians certainly don’t seem to have nearly the sexual hangups compared to the gringos - which is just one more reason to love Brazil. 

We were all born without societal  shame constructs - these constructs were taught to us & they are false, existing only in our own consciousness to the extent we allow them to exist at all.  You can change that at will.  

4 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

However,  my experience is it’s always been one of those things that actually empowering when you claim it - meaning there is no longer any shame attached to it and I don’t care if others approve or understand.

BINGO - you have perfectly expressed how to overcome this shame barrier.  We need to own it.  I've noticed that this gets easier as we get older and care less about other people's shaming tactics - especially from within the gay community.  When we were young, we fought so hard against the non-gay community that shamed us in the past - but often the more intense shaming originates from within the gay community.  I cannot help to use this colloquial as it is apropos - "but what a shame...."

8 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

As a side note - I  do not understand guys that travel all the way to Brazil, then want to dabble in the non-garoto saunas to either save money or get some sort of validation.

one more point - when making the effort & spending the money to travel all the way to Brazil (or another similar far-off destination) - the cost difference in hiring should be taken into consideration to maximize the value of the trip.  
Lets assume you pay top rate in Brazil for a garoto from an online resource which is about 300 reias or US$60.  Or, go to a garoto sauna and pay 200 reais or $40.  Comparably, in NYC, LA and other major US cities the going rate is $300 per hour.   The actual prices someone will pay are debatable - but the overall point comparing the enormous price differential is not.
And I wouldn’t even compare the actual services from a Brazilian garotos to their American counterparts - it’s just not the same with the Brazilians generally far superior in every way. 

So, yup - when in Brazil I’ll stick to the places where it’s most efficient and not play the games on the apps for “free” sex that’s really not free at all.  I’d rather use the time saved in other ways - like enjoying the beach, exploring museums or experiencing restaurants and not being on a phone 24/7.  That’s a real vacation. 

I remember paying for hustlers at the greyhound station when I was 17.....kind of have the Charlie Sheen motto that I don't feel like I'm paying for sex, I'm paying for them to leave afterwards.....plus once I'm finished, I'm finished. Maybe selfish, but I don't have the patience or stamina to keep going waiting for the other person to get off, lol

I do meet some on Grindr or in clubs that aren't paid hookups, it feels awkward and I'm always asking....you need money to get home or anything 😝

• Members
6 minutes ago, floridarob said:

once I'm finished, I'm finished.… I don't have the patience…to keep waiting for the other person to get off…I do meet some…that aren't paid hookups, it feels awkward and I'm always asking....you need money to get home

I sympathize with you @floridarob but there’s no reason to feel awkward.

I was brought up to ALWAYS drive my date home at the end of the evening. Or at least, to offer cab fare home. 

• Members

This debate comes now and then, and in my opinion is nonsense, because ultimately it is about personal preferences. If you enjoy traveling to Brazil to hook up for free, go ahead, you will have a lot of fun and hot men joining you. If you travel to Brazil to have paid sex, go ahead, you will have a lot of fun and hot men joining you. There is not an option better than the other, do whatever leaves you satisfied and happy.

In my personal circumstances, I go for the saunas but I have also enjoyed for free hook ups. That is what I do, and I do not pretend to sell my personal choices as superior to others'. 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, Latbear4blk said:

This debate comes now and then, and in my opinion is nonsense, because ultimately it is about personal preferences.

This is how I also view such a discussion - personal preferences.  Though I have frequented the Rio Garoto de Programa saunas, I've also patronized saunas without - several times.  I enjoy both because the experiences can be very different, one compared to the other.

• Members
On 7/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, floridarob said:

I remember paying for hustlers at the greyhound station when I was 17.

We share something in common and we discovered it around the same age. Except my introduction was street trade / hustlers, not the bus station. By comparison, the stereotypical gay scene / clubs / bars (and their usual patrons) never really had much appeal for me. The hustler bars I discovered a few years later were the best combination for me in the States, but in the USA they have all disappeared. Discovering the joys of Brazilian saunas culture over a decade ago was a godsend for me.