endlessdream

Condoms and Poppers in Brazil

• Members

Amyl nitrate is consider a controlled substance in Brazil. You can’t import poppers or buy them there without a prescription— at least not legally. But like with any other recreational controlled substance, you can find it there on the black market if you just ask around enough. 

As for XXL condoms, bring your own — as well as good, synthetic-based lube. 

• Members
24 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

Amyl nitrate is consider a controlled substance in Brazil. You can’t import poppers or buy them there without a prescription— at least not legally. But like with any other recreational controlled substance, you can find it there on the black market if you just ask around enough. 

As for XXL condoms, bring your own — as well as good, synthetic-based lube. 

Thx. Would I run into trouble if I bring my poppers? Let’s say two bottles? I’ve read it here that nothing happened. Just to recheck. 

• Members
55 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

Thx. Would I run into trouble if I bring my poppers? Let’s say two bottles? I’ve read it here that nothing happened. Just to recheck. 

I can’t speak to what would happen if you were selected for search by Brazilian customs. I brought poppers with me on my first couple of trips to Brazil and nothing happened (I wasn’t searched), but at the time I was ignorant of the fact that they are illegal in Brazil and ALSO illegal to bring on board a flight per TSA rules about volatile/flammable liquids in either checked or carryon luggage. That’s not a rule I want to run afoul of so I don’t fly with them anymore.

You’ll sometimes see people on Grindr with a profile picture of poppers and text indicating they are selling them. On a recent trip to Warsaw I found a website of a vendor who sells them and found that their physical address was located in the city; I sent them a Whatsapp and arranged to purchase them on-site a few hours later.

• Members
10 minutes ago, belkinDC said:

I can’t speak to what would happen if you were selected for search by Brazilian customs. I brought poppers with me on my first couple of trips to Brazil and nothing happened (I wasn’t searched), but at the time I was ignorant of the fact that they are illegal in Brazil and ALSO illegal to bring on board a flight per TSA rules about volatile/flammable liquids in either checked or carryon luggage. That’s not a rule I want to run afoul of so I don’t fly with them anymore.

You’ll sometimes see people on Grindr with a profile picture of poppers and text indicating they are selling them. On a recent trip to Warsaw I found a website of a vendor who sells them and found that their physical address was located in the city; I sent them a Whatsapp and arranged to purchase them on-site a few hours later.

I don’t trust the online sellers and hopefully it’s available in some sexshop there. I’m surprised that no one tried to buy them there…

• Members
1 hour ago, endlessdream said:

If you do get caught at Brazilian customs, yes you could get into trouble. In the very least, you would be sent back to your home country and lose your visa / entering privileges for about 5-10 years. At the very most, you could wind up in a Brazilian jail / prison.

But yes, others have reported that they have not had a problem entering Brazil with poppers (I don’t think they were searched at Customs, though). 

• Members
3 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

If you do get caught at Brazilian customs, yes you could get into trouble. In the very least, you would be sent back to your home country and lose your visa / entering privileges for about 5-10 years. At the very most, you could wind up in a Brazilian jail / prison.

But yes, others have reported that they have not had a problem entering Brazil with poppers (I don’t think they were searched at Customs, though). 

Thx for letting me know. It does seem a bit surreal to go to prison for a bottle of poppers. Lol