Min

Money boys and their questions

(A question from a long-time reader, first-time contributor)

Asked an MB on Hornet to come to my hotel in Silom. He's more than 20 km away. Look very cute and young in the pictures. He asks for 1000B ST, and the taxi fare (both ways). I guess that's fair. Then he asked if I play safe sex, have lubes and condoms, etc., you know, the usual paraphernalia. I guess that's reasonable too.

Then he asked for my face picture, my half-body picture, then my full-body picture (kinda surprised he didn't ask for pictures of my last hookup). I was like who's the customer here??? But since he's (potentially) cute, I submissively obliged.

My question is: is that normal for you guys in dealing with on-app MBs or this boy is just a bit high-maintenance?
Also is it okay to put the picture of the boy here?

6 hours ago, Min said:

(A question from a long-time reader, first-time contributor)

Asked an MB on Hornet to come to my hotel in Silom. He's more than 20 km away. Look very cute and young in the pictures. He asks for 1000B ST, and the taxi fare (both ways). I guess that's fair. Then he asked if I play safe sex, have lubes and condoms, etc., you know, the usual paraphernalia. I guess that's reasonable too.

Then he asked for my face picture, my half-body picture, then my full-body picture (kinda surprised he didn't ask for pictures of my last hookup). I was like who's the customer here??? But since he's (potentially) cute, I submissively obliged.

My question is: is that normal for you guys in dealing with on-app MBs or this boy is just a bit high-maintenance?

I don't understand your first question...

Regarding the second one, I don't think putting a picture of a boy you contact via app is a proper thing to do, you have to respect his privacy.

Asking for picture is reasonable  request In  my opinion. 

Remember it,s great unknown with whom boy will be meeting so he may want some assurance. On apps not only boys are putting fake pictures, their prospective clients too.

Fact that you're customer is not changing that. You know who you are but boy doesn't and vice versa.

And you won,t be his customer until he agrees to it so don,t start too early " I,m the customer game"

My 1st take from those questions , is that he is gay and wants to make hookups, have sex...and make money at the same time. So if he's not interested in you, he won't go or will come up with some other requirements that will make it unlikely that you will go. If he's interested, he gets sex and makes money.

I stopped using apps in Asia, way too many fake/old pics....I hate only being somewhere visiting for a limited number of days and wasting it waiting for someone that isn't what they present.

Just now, floridarob said:

My 1st take from those questions , is that he is gay and wants to make hookups, have sex...and make money at the same time. So if he's not interested in you, he won't go or will come up with some other requirements that will make it unlikely that you will go. If he's interested, he gets sex and makes money.

I stopped using apps in Asia, way too many fake/old pics....I hate only being somewhere visiting for a limited number of days and wasting it waiting for someone that isn't what they present.

Reminds me of a massage boy I fell for online. He was adorable on the site and I booked him. I had grab take me a LONG way to get to him. I got to the massage house and was taken to the room by an old mamasan and then she started to massage. I asked what the fuck was going on. She said "massage."  I pulled out my phone and tried to ask the boy. Finally, I got it was him but MANY years ago. I could  not go through with it. Perhaps, if I had met him on my first trip to Thailand over 20 years back I would have had fun but even then a bit old for me.

8 hours ago, Min said:

When in Thailand, I always show my face pic and sometimes an upper body pic in the profile, so they don't need to ask.   Due to the wierdos on the apps, I have one profile for at home and another for holidays.

However, I never show or send any naked pics.  After all, I'm the customer.    Also, if the MB is too assertive during the discussion, I see that as a bad sign.

If he's travelling 20km, I'd want to know what the taxi fare would be before agreeing to pay it, as he could choose to inflate the figure.   

I'm guessing it ought to be over 300 baht each way, total ~600, which is fine if he's only asking 1000 ST.    

43 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

I want to ask members here who use apps, if a guy puts "not a MB" in his Grndr profile, would you still message him?

Usually not.   

If I'm dealing with MBs, I like the nice straightforward type who preferably make it really obvious that they are MBs at the start of the conversation.

Unlike some other members here, I tend not to have problems with fake pics on the apps.    There are various defences against this problem, including:

(i) Asking for a picture taken today

(ii) Stating "if you don't look like the photo, we don't meet, OK ?".     Some drop the conversation at this point, so the filter is working.

(iii) Being observant.   If you keep going to somewhere like Pattaya, eventually you notice boys with the same profile pic they had 5 years ago, or boys you recognise with a photoshopped picture.   Or the same boy with totally different pictures on different apps.    Conversely, you may have already spotted the boy you are meeting previously, so you know what he's like.

If there is any doubt, (ii) is the best line of defence.    Of course, it is reasonable to allow for a small evolution of appearance, but send them away if the picture is very deceptive.    We are under no moral obligation to reward fraud.

Answering Min's question, the MB's request for more than a photo of your face was inappropriate. And I wouldn't have responded on the basis of there being other, less demanding fish in the sea. A face picture should be enough; you were, after all  the paying customer.

I joined Romeo long ago, in its early days, and was too shy to post my photo. Too many guys told me that they didn't respond to who they termed "ghosts" and so I plucked-up courage and posted my photos. The more the better, by the way, and that went for the guys as well.  I did a lot better.  I was never asked for more than that, nor would I have provided more.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Answering Min's question, the MB's request for more than a photo of your face was inappropriate. And I wouldn't have responded on the basis of there being other, less demanding fish in the sea. A face picture should be enough; you were, after all  the paying customer.

I wouldn't either unless the boy is exactly my type.

2 hours ago, z909 said:

If he's travelling 20km, I'd want to know what the taxi fare would be before agreeing to pay it, as he could choose to inflate the figure.   

I'm guessing it ought to be over 300 baht each way, total ~600, which is fine if he's only asking 1000 ST.    

He first asked for 200 one-way or 400 two-way. Then when he reached the hotel, made an adjustment for 100 more. So 1500 in total.

2 hours ago, z909 said:

There are various defences against this problem, including:

(i) Asking for a picture taken today

(ii) Stating "if you don't look like the photo, we don't meet, OK ?".     Some drop the conversation at this point, so the filter is working.

(iii) Being observant.

If the boy stays in the area, I often ask to meet for coffee first. Yesterday, I asked an MB on Hornet, who also looks very twinky in his pictures, to meet first. I offered to buy him a drink in Silom 4. Below is his response :) (see the picture attached). Should've asked him to meet in DJ station ;)

image.thumb.png.794c24798821a281429c7665118fb787.png

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

That was my impression too. He's indeed gay and got hard even before I did :)

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Finally, I got it was him but MANY years ago.

In my case, a couple of years so he's still passable.

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I want to ask members here who use apps, if a guy puts "not a MB" in his Grndr profile, would you still message him?

My best hook ups during my trip in March/ April this year were not MB on Grindr. I think the ratio of MB on Grindr was still very low as BKK had not really opened up fully. That is probably changing now. Certainly, it was easier to hook up with non MBs than it was to find MB at that time. Boys offering massage were much more common. And as stated elsewhere, with the bar boys still wearing jeans the appeal of offing a boy there and paying the premium cost as if everything were back to normal was much diminished i.e - I didn't bother and actually avoided the experience. 

I had two meets in particular which were fantastic with non MBs in BKK, both had blank profiles and because of that I nearly passed them by completely. Only after a conversation on the app did I end up meeting them. I so nearly missed out on some of the best meets i have ever had! 

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

Asking for picture is reasonable  request In  my opinion. 

Remember it,s great unknown with whom boy will be meeting so he may want some assurance. On apps not only boys are putting fake pictures, their prospective clients too.

Fact that you're customer is not changing that. You know who you are but boy doesn't and vice versa.

And you won,t be his customer until he agrees to it so don,t start too early " I,m the customer game"

That's fine, but I think they should say if it's because they want to decide if you're attractive enough. That's fine too, it's how the customer picks them. But I'd like to know if that's what it's for.

14 hours ago, jason1975 said:

My experience is that topic of money,if any, will be initiated by boy early in conersation.

If somebody states no MB I take is as serious statement. 

On 5/31/2022 at 8:47 PM, jason1975 said:

On 6/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, vinapu said:

If somebody states no MB I take is as serious statement. 

And then we also have this

No description available.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:12 AM, Min said:

And then we also have this

No description available.

I saw that profile too. I think that he is the worst kind of prostitute. Pretentious from the getgo but he seems to get away with lying to himself.