Min

Long pants are officially off in Silom Soi 2

I stand corrected. Dream Boy guys are still in jeans tonight. 

When I got out of Dream Boy at around 11h55, lights were already off at Fresh Boys and boys were leaving in droves. I asked some Viet boys in Vietnamese what was going on. Turns out it was a police raid. Because of the underwear issue? They said nope, just a regular check, so the bar had to close at midnight. I checked back at Dream Boy and they were closing down too. 

1 hour ago, chum_soccer said:

damn that is scsry .. did anyone get arrested?

I don't think they checked for illegal workers. Just to make sure all the bars follow the rules and close by midnight. And everyone did (Fresh Boys, Dream Boy, Hotmale, the girl bars in soi 2, the whole soi 4, DJ Station and GOD, as far as I can tell)

13 hours ago, Min said:

When I got out of Dream Boy at around 11h55, lights were already off at Fresh Boys and boys were leaving in droves. I asked some Viet boys in Vietnamese what was going on. Turns out it was a police raid. Because of the underwear issue? They said nope, just a regular check, so the bar had to close at midnight. I checked back at Dream Boy and they were closing down too. 

Fresh Boys, Dream Boys etc. in Patpong 2 not Silom soi 2. The photos are from Silom Soi 4 last night.

Last night a squad of BIB came to Silom soi 4 and took photos ('look boss we're here and few customers') outside the ex Welcome bar.
They strode off and soon later, the local soi policeman (not present at the photo op) rushed to every bar insisting that they close at midnight sharp.

17 hours ago, Min said:

You speak Vietnamese? I want to be your friend and meet Viet boys together!

58 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Not wanting to hijjack the thread:

I lived in Vietnam for about ten years and language was not really problem. 😏

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

I wonder how many Vietnamese boys are on the scene in Thailand ?    

The last Vietnamese lad to make it to my hotel room was in Singapore, back in the year when the Yellow shirts shut Suvarnabhumi and I had to make a slight detour on the way to Thailand.     The ones I've spoken to in Thailand can be counted on one hand.  None have made it to the hotel, for a variety of reasons, including being unwilling to do anything & ID card irregularities.  They also tended not to speak any English.   

Meanwhile, on the last trip, over 85% of the lads I met were from Cambodia or Laos and almost all spoke considerably more English than is needed to ply their trade.

17 minutes ago, z909 said:

I wonder how many Vietnamese boys are on the scene in Thailand ?    

The last Vietnamese lad to make it to my hotel room was in Singapore, back in the year when the Yellow shirts shut Suvarnabhumi and I had to make a slight detour on the way to Thailand.     The ones I've spoken to in Thailand can be counted on one hand.  None have made it to the hotel, for a variety of reasons, including being unwilling to do anything & ID card irregularities.  They also tended not to speak any English.   

Meanwhile, on the last trip, over 85% of the lads I met were from Cambodia or Laos and almost all spoke considerably more English than is needed to ply their trade.

On another hand there are respected forum members who swear by Vietnsmese something must be something

8 minutes ago, vinapu said:

On another hand there are respected forum members who swear by Vietnsmese something must be something

I know.      I'm certainly not excluding Vietnamese on grounds of nationality.   

I firstly encounter very few of them.   Which is remarkable, when we consider Vietnam has almost 100 million people and Laos has just 7.3 million. 

Then those I do encounter often tend to say they don't kiss, don't suck and don't bottom.      I can only assume those having success with them are either looking for a top, or perhaps they look far more handsome than I do.    But maybe someone will educate me with a better explanation.

There are many Vietnamese in Bangkok but the majority are in other lines of work.

Those that do work in massage and the bars tend to have a strong following as witnessed by the success of Screwboy. 

It may take longer to get to know them as individuals but certainly glad that I did.

2 minutes ago, paulsf said:

Right now there are about 15 Vietnamese guys working.  Most are at FreshBoys.  A couple at New Twilight and a couple at Jupiter.    I think you’ll find their English is greatly improved over the last few years.     I know most of the Vietnamese in Patpong and fortunately don’t have the issues Z909 has.    As with all working guys there are those that will and those that won’t.   Let’s just say that right now the off rate for Vietnamese is very good,  To the point they have all been offed on the same night at FreshBoys several times the last couple of months.    There are enjoyable evenings to be had.  

+1

1   Upon reflection, the sample size of Vietnamese lads I've even spoken to in the last 5 years is rather small and therefore I must refrain from any further comments on my experiences of what they will and will not do.

2  As I meet so few, perhaps I'm inadvertently filtering them out before the discussion stage ?   (It's certainly NOT deliberate filtering).      On another site, someone helpfully points out that the doormen and waiters at Fresh Boys are mainly Vietnamese, whilst those on stage include a lot from Laos & Cambodia.    Now that's a filter, as my eyes are always drawn to the lads in white underwear on stage, so I rarely bother chasing the waiters.    

3  I'm quite sure people do have a good time with the Vietnamese lads.     What we don't see is several members explicitly writing that they usually perform all of the roles expected of a bottom boy.

Different people do have different expectations.    For example, on the other half of this forum, I was surprised to read someone raving about all the willing lads in Morocco, many years ago.   I kept asking and eventually, he stated he was just looking for lads to suck off.    Good for him.    However, his recommendation isn't necessarily useful for everyone, without considering the detail.

I remain perfectly happy with the lads I do meet and don't mind if the mix stays as it is, or whether a few other nationalities pop up.

I find Viet boys gorgeous! I'm thinking of some of the Viet guys I've "known" from Jupiter (and some cute waiters from X-Boys, in Soi Twilight days). I don't think I've ever been to Fresh Boys, but I will definitely add it to the list for next time.

1 hour ago, JackR said:

I find Viet boys gorgeous! I'm thinking of some of the Viet guys I've "known" from Jupiter (and some cute waiters from X-Boys, in Soi Twilight days). I don't think I've ever been to Fresh Boys, but I will definitely add it to the list for next time.

I also knew some cute Vietnamese waiters from X-Boys! Those were the good old days!

18 hours ago, Min said:

I'm Vietnamese myself :) and to me, Viet boys are still the cutest (pardon my patriotic biases).

In my experience, most Viet boys who work in a gay bar are straight and coming from rural areas in Vietnam, especially the central part (read: conservative and narrow-minded). So even when they are "reduced to" selling sex to men to earn a living, they still want to keep the illusion of "being a man with dignity and all" (I'm talking about this from the perspective of a Vietnamese).

There is also peer pressure. Since they all got into this line of work through friends and acquaintances, they kinda know each other, forming a fairly close-knitted community with well-kept secrets (of course nobody in the village back home know what they actually do in Thailand). And in that community, no one wants others to know that he can be anally f*cked by men.

I see this in Vietnam too, many times. Some boys let me top them for more money, but made me promise I don't tell their MB peers about that.

On the other hand, there are now quite a few Viet boys who work freelance on the app in Bangkok. They are mostly gay, taking good care of their appearance, very accommodating in bed, willing to do many things, and for less (they still earn more than what they normally do at home though). I just ran into two of those in Silom road the other day. They even solicit in street in broad daylight, approaching me with "massage offers" without knowing that I'm Vietnamese too.

Paul, long time no see. I lost access to my old Gay Thailand account and also the email account associated with it a couple of years ago so had to create a new one.

Not sure if you still remember but we met once in the old Twilight zone about 4 years ago and then you took me to Fresh Boys to meet some Viet boys working there. What's a night. 

I'm glad that you still care a lot about the Viet boys here :)

Paul is the godfather of Viet boys in Bangkok! Hope to meet you next week, Paul! I wonder where you are seated nowadays. Hotmale bar?

You just missed me.    I was in Bangkok for the last couple of months.  Holding court at Hot Male with several other forum members.    I just got back home in the US last week.   Hope to be back in September for a few months.                                           

A little follow up to those that like the Vietnamese guys.    When I arrived there were only a couple that stayed in Bangkok during the Covid break.   About a month ago several started showing up, Thai Pass and all.    Now it seems a few more are arriving weekly.  As Min mentioned most of them are from the same area in Vietnam.   The boys here get word to those back home that it’s getting easier to come thru Laos now .     Most of the arrivals worked in Bangkok before the shutdown.  But there are a few new arrivals.      Also it appears the bar downstairs in Patpong between FreshBoys and Hot Male is Vietnamese owned.   

4 hours ago, paulsf said:

You just missed me.    I was in Bangkok for the last couple of months.  Holding court at Hot Male with several other forum members.    I just got back home in the US last week.   Hope to be back in September for a few months.                                           

A little follow up to those that like the Vietnamese guys.    When I arrived there were only a couple that stayed in Bangkok during the Covid break.   About a month ago several started showing up, Thai Pass and all.    Now it seems a few more are arriving weekly.  As Min mentioned most of them are from the same area in Vietnam.   The boys here get word to those back home that it’s getting easier to come thru Laos now .     Most of the arrivals worked in Bangkok before the shutdown.  But there are a few new arrivals.      Also it appears the bar downstairs in Patpong between FreshBoys and Hot Male is Vietnamese owned.   

Such a waste that our trips were at different timings. Will have to wait until December before getting chance to meet you again.