Olddaddy

Cruising

I had my experience chasing a guy who know the scene but not into it. My first visit, i barely talk to him but visited the beach area where he work as chair attendance few times. 

Second visits a year or so later, i managed to break the ice, with the help of a host bar boy, who also agree with me that the guy is hot lol. He volunteer to be my wingman, since the guy i have hots for are from the same country as he is. Long story short, we managed to bring him to dinner and gogo bar visits lol. After that, i also arrange a movie night, this time only two of us. 

But it was still very innocent, and i really dont know how to move further hahaha. Im afraid if i want to do more, he refuse and subsequent meeting will be awkward.

in short,  it looks there's no prescription how to tackle the issue and approach needs to be done on individual basis observing reaction for every step, but chasing  can be fun. 

We should not assume that everybody is for sale but also understand that Thai's approach to sex is much less uptight  and for right money or even just for fun options may be there.

Years ago at Raya it was actually employee in the breakfast room who seemed interested in me seeing me breakfasting with different guys daily , we exchanged smiles and winks but when I finally braved to ask him  if we can meet together, he said, 'no,  I'm just jocking" , so he played me that time for a change

On 6/14/2022 at 10:35 PM, spoon said:

Start asking his day off. Ask him what he usually do on his day offf. Then ask what he wanted to do for fun lol. That could be a leading question to invite him for a drink in case his answer is he likes to drink hahaha. 

I want too soo much but I dont know.. I think this is too straight forward.. I mean this would be my approach to any other guys but this is not just any other guy .. i love him already hahahaha

49 minutes ago, chum_soccer said:

I want too soo much but I dont know.. I think this is too straight forward.. I mean this would be my approach to any other guys but this is not just any other guy .. i love him already hahahaha

Lol i totally understand. I guess what u need now is a wing man who can take off the pressure. A hang out between 3 guys is less direct than say 2 person drinking in a bar

Just an update.. project # 1 is a failure..

I invited him to go on a burmese bar last friday but he just seen zoned me :( I tried again last saturday and offered to give a good tip and just sent me a sticker.. then I messaged him again with a sad emoticon and he sent me a voice message in thai.. It was like "I have no time krub.. I have work in the morning and have to work until night.. I have no time..".. His tone was very apologetic and he sounded sooo sweet ughhh.. That made it even harder for me to move on.. 

So I finally admitted that I think he is cute but he just seen zoned me again :(.. So earlier I was had to play sports and on my way home when I was a few meters from his kiosk.. He seemed like he was glancing towards my direction as if he is checking me if I was going to pass by his kiosk.. The ladies at the kiosk across called his name as if to warn him that I was about to pass by..

When I passed by, he had a customer but he kept glancing towards the direction where I was.. I think he was just pretending he was looking for something just to avoid me :(

I know that this game is lost already and I have to move on and respect his decision but I'd like to hear what you guys think? Should I try another approach? 

Also, I have project # 2 which is a waiter/cook in Amarin Plaza foodcourt haha I haven't made any move yet but I'd like to hear some ideas on how to approach this guy.. Should I act cool and straight first just to not scare him? Or should I leave some hints already that I like him? Amarin Plaza is going to be closed for renovation in two weeks so I kinda need to move fast here haja

Id say move on. Since u have a new target, focus on that. To be honest, if u dont have much time, direct approach might be better. If not acting now means not getting anywhere anyway, might as well rip off the band-aid and see. U miss 100% of the shots u don't take. If u want to go slow early on, u will need to be direct in 2 weeks anyway hehe.

3 hours ago, chum_soccer said:

I know that this game is lost already and I have to move on and respect his decision but I'd like to hear what you guys think? Should I try another approach? 

Also, I have project # 2 which is a waiter/cook in Amarin Plaza foodcourt haha I haven't made any move yet but I'd like to hear some ideas on how to approach this guy.. Should I act cool and straight first just to not scare him? Or should I leave some hints already that I like him? 

# 1 leave him alone but if you happen to pass by do not pretend you don't know him, just act normal, smile, buy food and move on. If you hear from him in the future , be straightforward with what you are looking for 

# 2 first meeting act cool , straight but smiley-friendly, 2nd attempt , day or two later, don't waste time and hint him you like him.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

# 1 leave him alone but if you happen to pass by do not pretend you don't know him, just act normal, smile, buy food and move on. If you hear from him in the future , be straightforward with what you are looking for 

# 2 first meeting act cool , straight but smiley-friendly, 2nd attempt , day or two later, don't waste time and hint him you like him.

Thank you guys :)  paulsf's comment kind of opened my eyes.. I don't wanna harass him..

And yes, I will still continue to smile and act friendly towards him whenever I pass by.. 

You guys know a good soi or place in Bangkok to cruise for straight guys? Preferably, with local muay thai fighters or street vendors ..

I am going to try my luck with a local gym in pratunam later.. 

1 hour ago, reader said:

You may have better luck if you widen your search a bit. If you did, my answer would be (1) Silom Road and (2) Surawong Road. The methodology is incredibly simple: scan for passing eye contact. 

Since long before Stonewall, gay men have been meeting other men mostly by eye contact. It’s brief but let’s you know there’s interest. It may well be a MB emitting what we now call gaydar. He’s essentially “pinging” us as we are “pinging” him. 

Last time I was pinged was last night about 9:45  when I was walking with a friend on Silom near Burger King. Even if it doesn’t lead anywhere it really boosts your spirits. 

You may not find your Thai boxer but a chance encounter can be a lot less time consuming and possibly exciting.

Thank you for this .. Thing is I am not really attracted with our kind.. I prefer straight guys much more, those who don't do it for a living or hasn't even done it yet..

While it may seem that I am looking for a unicorn, I've had tons of success back from where I was from (another SEA country).. I was actually surprised that there were even guys who I never for the life of me thought would agree but still I was able to make say yes.  

8 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

He sounds sadly to say ..he is not interested.

Maybe he is not gay .

even if one is  doesn't meant he will be interested in any men, we all have own preferences. Sometimes we even don't realize what makes us tickling, it could be ass or bulge as much as elbow or earlobe

24 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

It's beyond my understanding to chase straight guys whom are not interested in dating gay falang and even if they finally agree they are clearly playing 'gay for pay' role and are not enjoying it.

some guys consistently chase the unattainable or impossible for a variety of reason.  it’s common pattern among gay men

It’s safe to say it’s not healthy & probably results in unsatisfactory long-term outcomes.  Unless the chaser is prepared for the inevitable 

not my idea of a good time, everyone is different