stijntje

May 2022 short trip report

Thanks for report. So it is true that Raya closes main entrance after midnight. But that was in May. Perhaps now they have reopened the main entrance. Useful info for the forum member who's asking about booking Raya in another forum topic.

7 hours ago, stijntje said:

Mid May, I planned a short visit to Bangkok after a business trip.

Thailand Pass was easy to get, even if converting all pdf’s into jpeg made me waste some time.

I’m a big fan of the Raya hotel on Surawong road, so I booked the Executive Suite on the top floor. It was a bargain for such a nice room : 2400 baht per night.

I took a night flight from Europe, so I arrived in the afternoon local time. Passing immigration was very fast, so after buying a local sim card, I took a taxi to the hotel.

Day 1 : start with a massage and visit the bars

I prefer to start all my trips with a nice massage, so I went to Silom Soi 6 where you now have several shops next to each other. I think all shops offer the same services, so it is best to take the masseur you like most.

I selected a Thai masseur from Natural Massage. Very good massage skills and very willing to earn an extra tip. I left very happy, to have dinner in La Dotta, a nice Italian restaurant on Convent Road.

In the evening I wanted to visit all the bars.

I started with The New Twilight. I see 2 problems with the bar: location and clothing. The first one is the location: easy to find for regular visitors of the bar scene, but totally impossible to find for newcomers. The boys were wearing some kind of uniform: jeans, blue shirt and white sneakers. Well, not really a uniform as all had different ones. In other bars, boys are shirtless now. About 10 boys on stage, average looking. Not so many customers, but they had one beside me who ordered bottle of alcohol and was pampered by the staff. When you've visited Patpong bars, it is worth a visit, but not top priority.

I liked Golden Cock, but this bar does no longer exist and the small bar at the other side of the street doesn’t appeal to me.

I would have loved to go to Lucky Boys, which was my favorite during my 2020 trip, but that bar remains also closed. So I visit the other bars in the neighborhood : Dream Boy, Fresh Boys and Hotmale. The show at Dream Boy is boring, as the level is far below it used to be before covid. Decent selection of boys in all 3 bars. Drink price 350 baht, except Hotmale where I paid 400.

Returning to my room after midnight, I noticed front door of Raya is locked, so you have to take the elevator in the inside parking lot. 

Is New Twilight have any nudity show? What is the show time? Regretfully nowadays no bar offering midnight show.

17 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Lucky Boys was my favourite bar. So sad it is not open. Lucky Boys was formerly a merger of X Boys and Freshboys from Soi Twilight.

Me too, just for the sheer number of "talents" :)  The only bar so far I think I could've offed at least 3 or 4 boys in one single night. 

16 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I can off 3 or 4 from every bar every night  I visited

I'm so envious :( Life makes it much easier for you :) No wonder Jason1975 could recognize you right off the bat, probably because of that halo of happiness?

no, Jason recognized me because I told him more or less how I look like and where I  will be dining with muscular and tattooed guy so he just connected the dots.

As for offing boys , even if I like hunks I don't discriminate against bars staffed by slimmer guys and if I see one I like and who smiles at me at that I don't have issues with offing him. In every bar I see usually few matching that criteria.

Life makes it easy for all of us by staffing Thai bars with such a good looking specimen of men. 

1 hour ago, stijntje said:

It is amazing to see how many of the better looking twinks are now freelancing on apps instead of working in bars.

In the evening, I invited a boy that used to work in Lucky Boys. I met him during my last visit in January 2020 : he was very sexy and so polite. He even asked me then if he could take a selfie, as he really liked the lightening in Raya. He still uses this picture as one of his profile pics. Nowadays, he doesn’t work in a bar anymore, but is only freelancing on the apps. He was a dud this time : I won’t do this, I won’t do that, … Instead of offering him dinner and do repeat offs later, I just paid him and send him away.

It's good to see I'm not the only one noticing the twinks on the apps.  

The way to be safe regarding performance is to confirm all that, in writing, before meeting.

Then repeat it back to them, as follows: "Kiss + suck + fuck = 1500 baht.    No kiss 0 baht,   no suck 0 baht, no fuck 0 baht.   OK ?"  [Example wording.   Modify according to mutually agreed activities]

Wait for a clear reply from them.    A small percentage quit at this point, which saves you from meeting duds.

Then once in the bedroom, if there's any hesitancy, remind them of the "contract" terms.  However, this is rarely necessary.

Obviously, I don't need to do that for repeat meetings with the same lad, which are fairly common. 

I also shower thoroughly beforehand and use the top of the range Listerine mouthwash.    As I'm sure most other members do.

As it was time for lunch afterwards, I invite him to Indigo Restaurant, a real referenced Michelin restaurant on Covent Road.

it was time when Indigo was boycotted by gays as owner was instrumental in chasing away Fan Club massage located in the same sub-soi

I don’t often offer food to boys, but happy I did it this time.

I usually do, at least for overnight companions which doesn't make economic sense, boys are ordering more than can eat and costlier dishes but I have fun dining with them

6 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

I still have no luck on apps. Maybe I am unrealistic with my choices or they prefer farang customers.

The proportion of MBs on the apps in Bangkok isn't that high, so a little bit of patience may be required to find the right ones.

I would be very surprised if, on average, they prefer farang over Asian customers.   On Blued, I see quite a lot of guys who declare they are looking for Asians. 

Putting a Singapore flag in the corner of your photo might he helpful.   Some MBs know where the money is.        

24 minutes ago, z909 said:

On Blued, I see quite a lot of guys who declare they are looking for Asians. 

Putting a Singapore flag in the corner of your photo might he helpful.   Some MBs know where the money is.        

Thanks for the advice! I shall try that!

18 hours ago, z909 said:

I would be very surprised if, on average, they prefer farang over Asian customers

Me too. Asian customers are more generous than us....I am told. After all, many falangs are in Thailand on a budget while the Asian visitors, at least the ones who aren't in the huge tour groups, are generally wealthier.

20 hours ago, z909 said:

The way to be safe regarding performance is to confirm all that, in writing, before meeting.

Then repeat it back to them, as follows: "Kiss + suck + fuck = 1500 baht.    No kiss 0 baht,   no suck 0 baht, no fuck 0 baht.   OK ?"  [Example wording.   Modify according to mutually agreed activities]

Wait for a clear reply from them.    A small percentage quit at this point, which saves you from meeting duds.

Then once in the bedroom, if there's any hesitancy, remind them of the "contract" terms.  However, this is rarely necessary.

Obviously, I don't need to do that for repeat meetings with the same lad, which are fairly common. 

I also shower thoroughly beforehand and use the top of the range Listerine mouthwash.    As I'm sure most other members do.

This process sounds so soulless, so clinical. I'd rather go with the flow and risk an occasional dud.

Although the idea of Listerine being top of any range is entertaining.

20 minutes ago, khaolakguy said:

This process sounds so soulless, so clinical. I'd rather go with the flow and risk an occasional dud.

The result of the process is anything but soulless.   Above all else, it helps me to meet nice honest people who keep promises. 

3 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

I remember reading that @vinapusuggests being freshly shaven each night. My beard grows in pretty quick and nothing ruins full body kissing or rimming more than a guy pulling away due to being ticklish, so I will be following this advice religiously. 

correct, I shave every time I hit bars and sometimes  during day as well. I do that for the boys not only because tickle issue but also close hug tends to leave red marks on some bodies so wife/ girlfriend / boyfriend may be alarmed

when in doubt , i take his hand , run by my face and ask if he wants be to shave for him, after all it's only minute or less.

4 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

I'd rather go with the flow and risk an occasional dud.

Although the idea of Listerine being top of any range is entertaining.

tie 1:1

I , like you rather go with the flow and see what happens,  not only for fear that prolonged itemization or haggling may kill the fun but also from experience I know that situation behid closed door is at times dynamic and it goes both ways, sometimes boys reneges on promises, sometimes it other way around.

One guys I offed last trip was "no kissing' when I asked in the bar ( I always do ask to avoid issues with unwanted kiss ) , just  a bit (nit noi ) after round of Listerine and then Chang in the rooom and quite a kissssssssssss, then another in the morning.

For Listerine issue , after running through all available things on the market I'm firmly with z909 and yes for me is the best, specially original one. In my daily backpack I always carry a small bottle when about the city as one never knows when hunky masseur in front of shop may appear (boy, hot in here, lol). Some shops provide one in the shower but it's usually diluted. 

I recall once have a farang in a bar tells me he swears by using Listerine in other places too, I imagine it would burn, never tried it on there😂