Olddaddy

Your favourite Pattaya hotels

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Thanks Vaughn, I'm guessing mosaik isn't as popular now that Sunee is not really open , I had some great times at the Mosaik 

When I was there it was still fairly quiet, but I noticed 3-4 other guests who seemed to be long-term stays. I had a room facing the street with that legal office opposite so I could just see up to the corner of Tuckom from the balcony which helped me keep an eye on when the massage boys were coming in for the day.

It looked like the room had a fresh paint job, but it was my first stay so I can't say how recently. I had no complaints about my stay, I spend a lot of time at Winner Boys so I will be back to stay there again next time.

10 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I wonder if there are still reasonable hotels in Sunee ?

I remember the marina plaza 

Sunee is mostly dead these days.    Very few bars. Most of the 7-elevens around here are closed.  I can't think of any decent coffee shops either.  Although some find Yensabai Condos are OK.

You would probably be better off staying near Tuk Com, for instance at Mosaik.    

1 hour ago, z909 said:

Sunee is mostly dead these days.    Very few bars. Most of the 7-elevens around here are closed.  I can't think of any decent coffee shops either.  Although some find Yensabai Condos are OK.

You would probably be better off staying near Tuk Com, for instance at Mosaik.    

it one takes shortcut by the Sikh temple behind the school it's really very short walk from Boyztown too.

On 6/11/2022 at 12:48 AM, Olddaddy said:

I wonder if there are still reasonable hotels in Sunee ?

I remember the marina plaza 

I stayed a couple of times in Sunee in about 2005 . The hotel was called I think “Elephant”. Convenient of course when offing boys from the maybe 12 gogos.

It was ok although I remember one night when a bar next door had some sort of party until about 4am. That’s the problem when you stay in the heart of the action. The Thais have only one setting for the sound system - maximum

I see Marina Plaza is still going ,never ever did stay there though.

I wonder if Ban dok mai is still around, I don't see it on the apps unless a name change.

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I see Marina Plaza is still going ,never ever did stay there though.

I wonder if Ban dok mai is still around, I don't see it on the apps unless a name change.

I stayed at Baan Dok Mai once, probably about 10 years ago.    It was a dump.   Everything in the room was well worn.  The night time side entrance looked very downmarket.   Worst of all, I like my showers on the warm side & turning the water temperature up just led to the fuse blowing.  

Another friend has more recently been staying in Baan Dok Mai on his visits to Pattaya.   When this was closed, he switched to Mosaik and found the latter to be far better.   Which it is.  

10 hours ago, z909 said:

I stayed at Baan Dok Mai once, probably about 10 years ago.    It was a dump.   Everything in the room was well worn.  The night time side entrance looked very downmarket.   Worst of all, I like my showers on the warm side & turning the water temperature up just led to the fuse blowing.  

Another friend has more recently been staying in Baan Dok Mai on his visits to Pattaya.   When this was closed, he switched to Mosaik and found the latter to be far better.   Which it is.  

Yes Baan dok Mai was run for a long time by a lovely New Zealand guy.

I believe he sold it and then it seemed to go downhill 

I'm still researching my hotel stay and come across what looks like a gay guest house called Ben & Lek  ,however a bit too far walk for me in soi 7 however great rates at average 500b per night.

I wish Baan Souy would drop their average 2500b night rates , I used to love Baan Souy but won't pay that silly amount , but fantastic place to chill out