jason1975

Back in Bangkok after 2 years

6 hours ago, jason1975 said:

At 9.30pm i headed off to New Twilight. Its bright LED display made it stand out in the dark soi. Impressive place. Big stage flanked on 3 sides by seats. Large and wide LED wall made the show later really spectacular. Better than Jupiter and Moonlight. Unfortunately guys were pretty average. No models. But according to mamasan, they are asking for 3000 ST and 4000 LT. Mamasan said can negotiate individually with guys to go down to 2500 ST and 3500 LT. But bar fine is only 300 baht!

6 boys on rotation on stage. Jeans but shirtless. There was a group of free spending Chinese customers. They already had 4 boys seated with them and several bottles opened. I took a seat at the corner and mamasan showed me the drinks menu. I liked the place's vibes and 2 of the 6 boys already appealed to me. I had a feeling i would be spending quite some time here so I decided to get a bottle of Jim Bean. 3500 baht with free mixers. And there was complimentary platter of potato chips and nuts. The previous night, i had spent 1600 baht on 2 beers and 2 drinks for guy at Tawan.

2500 short time?...wow..these are Western prices !

14 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

So are many other things nowadays.

Take for example a small Singha Beer, in a beer bar. Usually 100 baht in Pattaya. That’s approx £4.40 per pint. Same as UK prices. Probably more in BKK.

Bangkok Gogo bar drink prices are way in excess of western bar prices! 

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

I believe 2500 is an inflated Bangkok gogo bar price, quoted by a mamasan. 

Vinapu's suggestion of 2000 short time is nearer the mark for BKK gogos.

For BKK phone app dates, 1500 short time.

For Pattaya phone app dates, 2~300 below that.

If careful, you could probably obtain lower prices on the apps, but I'm not sure how well that would work out.

Also, some people are more generous than other in the bars.

48 minutes ago, gerefan said:

So are many other things nowadays.

Take for example a small Singha Beer, in a beer bar. Usually 100 baht in Pattaya. That’s approx £4.40 per pint. Same as UK prices. Probably more in BKK.

Bangkok Gogo bar drink prices are way in excess of western bar prices!

In the case of Bangkok gogo bars, I consider it to be 40 baht for the drink and the remaining 300+ is for the scantily clad entertainment.    OK, only as long as they have scantily clad entertainment.  

On a like for like basis, I'm not quite sure what the drink prices in a western gogo bar would be ?   

I do recall walking into one  in Berlin about 15 years ago, where a drink cost just over 10 Euros.  Slightly less than current Bangkok prices, but they only had 2 boys in the bar.  

As for Jomtien, 100 baht/43.5 x 568/330  works out at about £3.95 per pint, but exchange rates do move around.   I think we're paying something for the presence of all the cute bar staff, but it's certainly near western prices.   

The bars selling beer for 80 baht in Jomtien are better value & in Sunee, Winner Boys is even better, offering a gogo experience and cheap drinks. .   

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I wonder where in the West we had  7 gogo bars within 5 minutes walk  staffed with dozen or two guys willing to go to our room for 2 hrs session for 70 USD ?

Brasil and Mexico are pretty good, both places on average 30usd for hookups, although some "model" types do ask about 75usd...... And don't recall too many mom needs surgery or cow died stories from these places, not saying that they don't have personal problems, just it doesn't become part of the conversation considering what we are transacting 😉

I remember meeting Namazu in Bangkok, telling him about South America......didn't realize what a strong liking he would take to it, lol

6 hours ago, jason1975 said:

He was a kisser! I felt so embarrassed that i had cigarette breath. Must make a note to get mouth rinse for tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow i am seeing waiter guy again. The only downer is no LT because he has 2 jobs. But ST with him is good enough for me.

Le Meridien does give you a small bottle of mouth rinse per day. You can find it in the bathroom, right below the sink.

So the waiter also asked for the same tip as the floor boys?

3 hours ago, Min said:

Le Meridien does give you a small bottle of mouth rinse per day. You can find it in the bathroom, right below the sink.

So the waiter also asked for the same tip as the floor boys?

20220608_052154.thumb.jpg.811f13eca5bd34139ee9889dbe005e8d.jpg

I just read your tip. You are right about the mouthwash from the hotel! But i had already bought my mouthwash from 7/11 (and kiss the heck out of waiter guy! 🥰🥰🥰)

27 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Was totally spent that i fell asleep after session.

1/2 a bottle of Jim Bean probably helped too 😉

28 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

brought the entire bar out for supper after closing at midnight.

What's this consist of, moneywise and drinks and.....??
I've imagined something like that before but only think of people like TotallyOz doing it 😲

5 hours ago, jason1975 said:

But i had already bought my mouthwash from 7/11 (and kiss the heck out of waiter guy! 🥰🥰🥰)

out of his what? hehe

4 hours ago, jason1975 said:

No. 28 whom i fancied yesterday wasn't in today. There were two new guys (one Camnodia and one Thai) on their first day today. 

So how many floor guys in total last night. 8? And did you see the Viet boy from Ha Tinh other members have been talking about? I kinda hope I would stumble upon 20 something guys the next time I visit the bar :)

3 hours ago, Min said:

out of his what? hehe

So how many floor guys in total last night. 8? And did you see the Viet boy from Ha Tinh other members have been talking about? I kinda hope I would stumble upon 20 something guys the next time I visit the bar :)

Apparently there is no Vietnam guy. I asked about natiionalities of guys and he only said Thai, Cambodia and Laos.

52 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Apparently there is no Vietnam guy. I asked about natiionalities of guys and he only said Thai, Cambodia and Laos.

He probably moved on to Jupiter already? @reader do you still stay in touch with the boy?

AFF6EF09-9232-4726-86EC-27B24F59EBBC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Min said:

out of his what? hehe

Last night was about 10 guys at most. If you are looking to see 20 guys, i think more likely on weekends. I can go with you. You are welcome to ask any guy for drinks or off but stay away from my waiter guy as long as i am present!

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Last night was about 10 guys at most. If you are looking to see 20 guys, i think more likely on weekends. I can go with you. You are welcome to ask any guy for drinks or off but stay away from my waiter guy as long as i am present!

what is said waiter will start looking longingly at Min ?

Anyways , at least 3 Vietnamese guys when I was there on Saturday including one I was sitting with and a waiter who was actively soliciting me for tips.

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

You should do something to mark territory hehe :) Are you gonna off him again and again? ;)

2 hours ago, Min said:

You should do something to mark territory hehe :) Are you gonna off him again and again? ;)

monodiet is not a bad thing if guy or bar is right.

I once had 2 weeks trip when all guys offed with one exception  were from the same Tawan bar

On 6/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, jason1975 said:

I arrived on a Sunday afternoon after being away for two years

Can I just say I love the Thailand trip reports - they are so different from the South American/Caribbean reports in so many ways.  First, you guys consistently post things that are useful for those considering a trip.  I’ve never been to Thailand and no real desire to go - until I read the trip reports . So, thank you for that.  There’s no drama I’ve seen (yet) and most appear to be experienced travelers where I would actually take the advice/recommendations.

Second - there seems to be a real camaraderie among the community w members in Thailand actually meeting up in person.  Always fun to connect in person in a foreign land with like minded-travelers.  You guys have the right spirit and it is very much appreciated.  Hope to visit next Spring and will continue to observe & learn through your posts.  Thanks again ;)

32 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

A few minutes after he came into the hotel room, it started raining outside. So looks like we were stuck indoors for the afternoon. I filled up the bath tub and let T choose the bubble bath flavour.

Same script, same time, different cast hehe. But no post-coital dinner and massage in my case 

34 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Instead of partying at a club with loud music and drinks, we were a domesticated couple watching TV. At midnight, we went to Foodland Patpong for supper then came back to hotel room to continue watching Stranger Things. We called it a night at 2am with another two episodes of season 4 to go.

I started to have some ideas about what you are into. No wonder you are all about LTs. Finding someone on a short trip, who connects on that level, would need some luck though.