jason1975

Back in Bangkok after 2 years

2 hours ago, Min said:

I started to have some ideas about what you are into. No wonder you are all about LTs. Finding someone on a short trip, who connects on that level, would need some luck though.

Yes, my LT doesn't just mean Long-Time. I hope guys i meet for LT can develop into LTR: Long term relationships

A general Thailand question - I was under impression that high season/dry season was December through April and even then, extremely hot & humid.  The low season, remainder of the year with more heat, lots of rain & extreme humidity. That information all came from just general Thailand google searches for first time visitors.  

Is Thailand really more a year round destination and timing doesn’t really matter ?  And, does Bangkok weather differ from the beaches where beaches might be much better in off season, but maybe not BKK ?  The posts here make it look like weather may not be a deciding factor of when to visit and that opens up many more possibilities.

appreciate the thoughts of the veterans ;)  thank you 

December has always been my favorite month, nice weather....not too crazy with tourists, good flights- kids still in school so hardly any families traveling.....

Other months, the humidity is so bad, just stepping outside you're soaked from sweat. 

I'm not a beach person, so can't help much there, except going to Pattaya, but not for the beach.

8 hours ago, Min said:

I started to have some ideas about what you are into. No wonder you are all about LTs

don't do too much of extrapolation. I don't watch TV at all, never mind Netflix and still bring somebody LT night after night

2 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

A general Thailand question - I was under impression that high season/dry season was December through April and even then, extremely hot & humid.  The low season, remainder of the year with more heat, lots of rain & extreme humidity. That information all came from just general Thailand google searches for first time visitors.  

Is Thailand really more a year round destination and timing doesn’t really matter ?  And, does Bangkok weather differ from the beaches where beaches might be much better in off season, but maybe not BKK ?  The posts here make it look like weather may not be a deciding factor of when to visit and that opens up many more possibilities.

appreciate the thoughts of the veterans ;)  thank you 

any time is good to go, as floridarob mentioned above December and also January have mildest weather and almost no rain any month seems to be good to go for one reason or other. Even in  months of heaviest rain like Sept and Oct is nor raining cats and dogs for days but there are substantial but relatively short downpurs , usually in the afternoon.

Yes it's sticky from Feb to Nov but that is what tropics are for - to hydrate dry farang skin.

For draining your wallet any of 12 months is equally suitable

2 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

A general Thailand question - I was under impression that high season/dry season was December through April and even then, extremely hot & humid. 

December~Feb are certainly not hot and humid.      28~32C and dry is more like it, which is as near perfect as you can get.

In December and January, you may even get a few days of cool weather, where in the morning, it's borderline for almost putting a second layer of clothing on.  The locals and even some of the expats do have extra layers on at such times.

I have been many times in June and July. Little bit of rain but nothing to worry about and doesn’t disrupt anything.

Dont forget Jomtien Complex (the new centre of gay life in Pattaya) now has a tin roof over it...so no problems in the proper rainy season (September). 

7 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I found out that his off day is Wednesday (which is same as my dancer guy and New Twilight twink waiter guy). Why are their off days on the same day! Dilemma for next Wednesday - who to meet

all three , one by one , at 12 , next at 4 and next at 7 so you still can hit the bars, catch the birds while you can

4 hours ago, jason1975 said:

New Twilight was asking for 3000 baht. I haven't visited the rest of the bars yet.

I think hat's just phishing to see if we catch.  I fell into it too (report soon) but now , knowing what I know  I'd offer regular 2000 and see what happens . Of course nothing stops us from being more generous but that part should be expressed after the deed when we know  what we bought into.

Reading your reports I clearly see how stupid I was not extending my stay  by the week 😭 

32 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I think hat's just phishing to see if we catch.  I fell into it too (report soon) but now , knowing what I know  I'd offer regular 2000 and see what happens . Of course nothing stops us from being more generous but that part should be expressed after the deed when we know  what we bought into.

Reading your reports I clearly see how stupid I was not extending my stay  by the week 😭 

My impression is that mamasans tend to inflate figures somewhat.    So what the mamasan says should never be taken as a guide to prices.

As for trip duration, for those of us without any need to rush back to a job, going for a slightly longer trip is usually a good decision.