vinapu

Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022

10 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Thanks for writing and publishing report of your trips for us to read and enjoy! The title has got me so curious to find out about your shattered dreams. You seemed so happy when I said hi to you on Sunday night on your last night.

I was happy throughout the trip, when we met ( you saw with whom I was dining with so no surprise here , yes? ) and still am but there were two cases which did not go as I hoped for so I decided to make tittle dramatic.  

6 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

Since you are not free of sins, you are supposed to go through purgatory before arrving in heaven!

What sins ? I never sleep knowingly with married guys , I off them short time instead !

I get your purgatory part though and this is how I rationalized hard part of flight telling myself  you suffer because at the end you will be rewarded. And I was indeed

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

It must be something with that structure   because here where I live I know personally guy who went there by BTS , disembarked  as instructed by me at Chong Nonsi and still couldn’t find it  even if Mahanahkon is practically atop of that station. Perhaps too close ?

When the meter is running, it's not unknown for Bangkok taxi drivers to make navigational "errors" that extend the route.   

It's a pleasure to use other excellent transport options, including MRT, Skytrain, a surprisingly good bus network and even better, walking. 

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I remember that Beer Garden restaurant very well. I took my guys there to have dinner when I stayed at Raya. I should give them a visit during my current trip.

do it , they are opened till very late

just watch wat your boys are ordering as some of seafood dishes are costly indeed so few times I paid about 1000 out of which 15-0p was my chicken with cashew nuts, say 200 beer and rest boys dish or two

No regrets though as always i have fun there

1 hour ago, z909 said:

It's a pleasure to use other excellent transport options, including MRT, Skytrain, a surprisingly good bus network and even better, walking. 

I agree but if you are with somebody , at time we need to yield.

In my case driver was not racking mileage because when we finally arrived he told me to pay half of what meter showed ( yes !) but I paid in full as he needs that 40 baht more than me I guess

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

one of them shocked me by saying ‘you always order chicken with cashew nuts”, even if  last time we saw each other was in Oct 2019 and we are in May 2022 ! I was dining there in December but none of those two were there, they returned only in February.

He probably made some connection between KFC and chicken, so that memory sticks :)

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

V is modest guy so no expensive seafood stuff, just some regular dish and both filled up we went to the room

I wish Nicky were there hehe

32 minutes ago, gerefan said:

Have you ever known a Thai Boy to walk ANYWHERE!!

yes, Dam from Tawan once shocked me when suggested we walk  from his bar to Siri Sathorn hotel.

Dit , formerly from Arena , now in Dreamboys told me recently that he walks 30 minutes to his bar every day

18 hours ago, vinapu said:

At K  insistence we took taxi, laughable idea for such short distance but if he wanted , so be it.

Thai's don't like to walk even for very short walk they prefer transportation,it happened to me with almost all the boys I had been with.

18 hours ago, vinapu said:

There are two waitresses I know for years, both not only recognized me offering hug but one of them shocked me by saying ‘you always order chicken with cashew nuts”, even if  last time we saw each other was in Oct 2019 and we are in May 2022 ! I

Thai's have amazing memory,I was amazed too when after two years the waiteress at Pattaya restaurant remembered exactly what I am eating for breakfast.

10 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

,I was amazed too when after two years the waiteress at Pattaya restaurant remembered exactly what I am eating for breakfast.

this even I remember, 2 fried eggs sunnyside, 2 toasts with jam and butter, orange juice and coffee