vinapu

Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022

1 hour ago, Min said:

Does Moonlight actually do fake tips to get the ball rolling?

Over the years, I've seen probable fake tipping in several bars.   How else would you explain 1000 baht notes being handed over, almost at the start of the act ?    With the people on the stage seeming to know where the tip will come from.    

I would expect genuine tips to be later in the show and perhaps of a more modest denomination. 

I can't comment on Moonlight, as I like twinks and there's no reason to visit.

16 minutes ago, floridarob said:

My experience is that the best looking guys that ask for the most are the least interesting in bed.

100% 🎯

On 6/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, floridarob said:

The conversations we've had about this in the Brasil boards over the years.....

Please can I ask you @floridarob , where are the Brasil boards that you refer to? On this site or elsewhere? I would love to read trip reports from Brazil/Columbia/Mexico in addition to Thailand. I’d be grateful for any steer you can give me. 

2 minutes ago, innitalex said:

Please can I ask you @floridarob , where are the Brasil boards that you refer to? On this site or elsewhere? I would love to read trip reports from Brazil/Columbia/Mexico in addition to Thailand. I’d be grateful for any steer you can give me. 

on this site we're on now:

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/forum/55-latin-america-men-and-destinations/

14 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Yes. The guys talk about customers.

sometimes even in great detail  but only between themselves.

When comes o to other customers they are surprisingly discreet. I offed few guys recommended by other members or who saw me with other members and never ever they commented on other party other than neutral "your friend ABC is nice guy" , " I did not seem your friend for a while " etc

I recall  only one exception from few years ago ( member no longer )   " you like kiss and cuddle , your friend likes fuck right away" but even that will not even point who fucks whom.

When talk about our tips to their friends , not always they are sincere. I had cases when they either understated or overstated for some reason  tips received.  But often when I ask a boy what he expects answer is "the same you gave XYZ" so you better have an explanation is planning on differentiating compensation in the same bar. Butterflying has own advantages

14 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Even without offs, they get paid to report to bar and parade. They also get paid for every show they take part in. And not forgetting tips from customers. Definitely still higher than average salary of a waiter or worker in restaurant which is 15k a month.

actually many claim they are freelancers  so they are not paid other than for show participation and cut on drink price .

As for tips from customers it may be lottery specially for less popular and less endowed guys. Reaction of one New twilight guy on his 100 tip he received from one of our members showed that it was feast not seen for quite a while as he showed it to his friends and was kind of applauded.

16 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Maybe this explain why they are not keen to be off and insist to get exessive fee.

everybody wants best price and they won't know what market bears until they ask.

It works in reverse, customer will not know how  low guy can go until he offers low and see reaction

7 hours ago, Min said:

What's the deal with tipping in Moonlight? It looks like someone gets tipped every few minutes in that bar, and models take turns to get their thousand-baht garlands. When I was in Jupiter last week, a whole hour full of nice performances and boy parades and no one (neither boys nor performers) got any tips even though there are quite a few groups of customers, both men and women, around. Does Moonlight actually do fake tips to get the ball rolling?

it's about models only, I never observed excessive tipping of floor guys there.

I think both you and jason are right, some tips are from devoted and somewhat heated clients, often Asian girls and some are staged to create a momentum for more tipping.

Those garlands is wasting money as bar keeps 250 out of 1000 client pays for it. Better to do your own if one has urge to hang garland on the guy but why not  to tip him 1000  discretely ? I guess difference in culture and some want to show off that their money knows no bounds   

16 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I was at Hot Male last night after dinner at 7 plus. Got to know a waiter from Laos named Ong. Chatted awhile but strictly professiional. Not clingy. Maybe a different waiter. Will go again tonight.

yes we are talking about different guys

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

My experience is that the best looking guys that ask for the most are the least interesting in bed. They love mirrors in the room though, they spend most of the time together looking at themselves. Some that ask for so much also know they probably won't get a 2nd off with you because they know they aren't good and might as well make it all in one lump sum.

Even with my experiences in Brasil,  I don't go for the muscle Gods that so many like there....I'm more guy next door looks and fun personality. Usually much more enjoyable sex and more fun to be around....and  humble.

4 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

100% 🎯

not my experience unless we replace 100% with 33%, then I can agree. Perhpas my good luck but  I just counted goings from last trip reported in this thread. Out of 14 cases I paid over the odds / market , you name it, I'm fully satisfied with 10 ( 3 different guys, 2 new , 1 known from previous trip  ).

Yes , perhaps argument can be made  I'm not demanding  enough  but still I think I'm in better position to assess what is good value for me.

Other 4 cases I can describe as very satisfied but overpaid (1), price was ok but I expected more (2) and price and performance were matching but guy reneged on time promise which is important to me so money partially misspent. (1).

Both "price was Ok but I expected more" were guys I offed on previous trips and it's why I'm bit bitter/ disappointed.

On another hand  shortly I'll be reporting short time engagement from Grindr in Pattaya, 1500 and I don't even recall guy's face and body and it was only 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I rather add 2000 for memories

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

When talk about our tips to their friends , not always they are sincere. I had cases when they either understated or overstated for some reason  tips received. 

And they often inflate the tips they received from other customers as well (the anchor effect in psychology). Many MBs I met has his "A-customer-gave-me-5000-for-ST" story :) and for Viet boys, who claim "top-only", the "A-customer-offered-10000-for-f*cking-me-but-I-said-no" story (hint: I'm waiting for a higher bidder)

11 hours ago, Min said:

And they often inflate the tips they received from other customers as well (the anchor effect in psychology). Many MBs I met has his "A-customer-gave-me-5000-for-ST" story :) and for Viet boys, who claim "top-only", the "A-customer-offered-10000-for-f*cking-me-but-I-said-no" story (hint: I'm waiting for a higher bidder)

10k for fucking viet guy but he said no? Haha.

14 hours ago, vinapu said:

From there to Hot Male downstairs where paulsf was already there

Still not sure when you guys talk about Hot Male downstairs. Is it at the same level as Dreamboy (first floor), or as Fresh Boys (second floor)?

I think it's easier to watch people coming and going if I sit somewhere on the first floor. I tried the little pub right below Fresh Boys (heard it's owned by the same owner of Fresh Boys) and it worked well.

It’s the bar street level across from Dreamboys.     Also the bar next to it. If your walking up the stairs to FreshBoys, it’s to the right. Is  Vietnamese owned.    It’s the one that has single pool table.   Great street views from there.    

12 minutes ago, paulsf said:

It’s the bar street level across from Dreamboys.     Also the bar next to it. If your walking up the stairs to FreshBoys, it’s to the right. Is  Vietnamese owned.    It’s the one that has single pool table.   Great street views from there.    

If I walk up the stairs straight to Hotmale go-go, there is also a bar right outside the go-go bar on the second floor and that's what confused me. Every time you guys talk about Hotmale downstairs, I think that bar :(

Hot Male has two bars.  Upstairs right outside where the stage is.  Downstairs to the left of the stairs as you go up.   Directly opposite Dreamboys.    Ask any of the doormen at the bottom of the stairs, they will point you in right direction.    

Yes. Hotmale had two beer bars. One on top which is outside its Hotmale gogo bar. The Hotmale beer bar that is mentioned is the ond downstairs before the stairs. It is facing Dreamboys directly so it gives a good view of the Dreamboys guys when they come out after their rotation on stage. Waiters speak very good English and are nice to chat with.

7 hours ago, paulsf said:

Hot Male has two bars.  Upstairs right outside where the stage is.  Downstairs to the left of the stairs as you go up.   Directly opposite Dreamboys.    Ask any of the doormen at the bottom of the stairs, they will point you in right direction.    

Got it. I'll try it when I'm back to Bangkok in two weeks.

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Waiters speak very good English and are nice to chat with.

I guess they are also offable? Vinapu mentioned a certain tiny Laos ;)

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Yes. Hotmale had two beer bars. One on top which is outside its Hotmale gogo bar. The Hotmale beer bar that is mentioned is the ond downstairs before the stairs. It is facing Dreamboys directly so it gives a good view of the Dreamboys guys when they come out after their rotation on stage. Waiters speak very good English and are nice to chat with.

...and drinks a cheap at 120 or 140.

Yes waiters / hosts are offable as long as one is left to man the bar including tiny Lao gem of the boy .

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

perhaps it was in dongs, in which 10K is peanuts indeed, sufficient for handshake if that much

Actually, in Vietnam, you could get a bj for just 50K VND (around 70B or 2.2$) in certain outdoor places. But I don't think you guys should venture out there on your own, unless you are with a trusted local friend/acquaintance. It would be quite an adventure indeed.

21 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Yes waiters / hosts are offable as long as one is left to man the bar including tiny Lao gem of the boy .

It looks like he wasn't around when Jason visited the bar. I'll find out when I'm back to Bangkok in two weeks.