vinapu

Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022

The beds at Tarntawan were replaced about the same time the 
 Mahanakhon building observation deck opened. Remember this because day after going there I passed by Tarntawan and workers were hauling old mattresses down driveway. It coincided with change in name of hotel and management. Believe I posted photo on forum. If only those beds could talk.

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

I have friends that only stay at Four Seasons and Waldorf 

when I trekked Himalayas in Nepal I saw plenty of those in villages on the way. Some even offered warm shower at certain  times of the day

5 hours ago, floridarob said:

Wasn't it across from where Tawan is....?

Used the wayback machine to look at DreadedNed from back then, just to back up my memories. Was one of my go to bars at the time

Tomahawk was across from the old location of the Tawan Bar. But Tawan has now moved across the Soi. Looking at the Dreaded Ned Map it is Number 26.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Why I’m writing all that ?  For readers to learn what kind of pitfalls may await them when they go to a bar with guy who takes them for granted. As much as I like A , I did not like it. ATM don’t have it easy , do they?

YES, it seems Mr. A is very full-of-himself... And I also do not like being treated as some Guy's ATM!!!  😒

6 hours ago, scott456 said:

I stay at Crown Plaza too.  But I am sure you know why people stay at Tarntawan, it is a lot cheaper, and it comes with free breakfasts (anytime of the day, so basically you get one free meal per day).  

Crown Plaza and Dusit Thani are probably the only 4+ star hotels closest to Silom soi 2 and 4.  But Crown Plaza has nicer rooms given similiar prices as Dusit.  Dusit's basic rooms are really outdated.

Dusit closed over 3 years ago. Great shame. It was my favourite hotel, the suites were great. The executive lounge was like a second home, ' you like normal gin and tonic, not much ice.' I stayed there a week before it closed, all very sad. The new wing was not interesting, but the main building was really Thai, silk and wood everywhere. Also near gay area, and easy to bring boys back!

Problem was the huge car park area, prime land, and produced no income. They say the 'new' Dusit will retain the iconic spire, but I fear it will be a featureless modern 5 star hotel. 

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

In the room though all went very well. Such massive chiseled muscles at my disposal! In the morning we even had wrestling  match which I lost  but not that easy.

Glad that you enjoyed your guy even though he really treated you as ATM. But then, if he didn't ask you to take him to Dreamboys, you wouldn't have found out that Dit is working there. So everything happens for a reason. Same also for Neo bumping into you and K after motorbike ride.

• Members
30 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Glad that you enjoyed your guy even though he really treated you as ATM. But then, if he didn't ask you to take him to Dreamboys, you wouldn't have found out that Dit is working there. So everything happens for a reason. Same also for Neo bumping into you and K after motorbike ride.

Wow, you know Vinapu's affairs very well.

6 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

YES, it seems Mr. A is very full-of-himself... And I also do not like being treated as some Guy's ATM!!!  😒

I don't like either but what a body !!! and not  a bad personality. Sometimes we don't have it at 100%, may be 57% may be 71% and we need to choose, yes or no. 

It's why I published details , just to show readers what kind of pitfalls we  need to sort out sometimes.

52 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Exactly. This was  my first thought when I got initially upset over those friend's drinks.

If he did not take me there I was not planning to go to Dreamboys that trip although I could see Dit smoking outside when passing by or sitting at HotMale across. But chances for that were statistically slim. 

So I was not upset or angry, just pissed off but also better educated what may happen. But chances are next time he suggests the same or similar I will go for it.

At end of day I won reunion with Dit and he lost LT as he was candidate nr1 for repeat off two nights later but for obvious reasons I asked Dit to go with me.

8 hours ago, reader said:

The beds at Tarntawan were replaced about the same time the 
 Mahanakhon building observation deck opened. Remember this because day after going there I passed by Tarntawan and workers were hauling old mattresses down driveway. It coincided with change in name of hotel and management. Believe I posted photo on forum. If only those beds could talk.

Mattresses were changed in stages, but I never remember them having cement bases

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Exactly. This was  my first thought when I got initially upset over those friend's drinks.

If he did not take me there I was not planning to go to Dreamboys that trip although I could see Dit smoking outside when passing by or sitting at HotMale across. But chances for that were statistically slim. 

So I was not upset or angry, just pissed off but also better educated what may happen. But chances are next time he suggests the same or similar I will go for it.

At end of day I won reunion with Dit and he lost LT as he was candidate nr1 for repeat off two nights later but for obvious reasons I asked Dit to go with me.

Once a guy did that to me too, but it wasnt as direct. I told the guy im going to a bar, and asked if he want to join me or ill come back to pick him up so he can still earn tips/drinks etc back at the bar. He said he will follow me coz he knows someone at that bar. I, happy to have someone to tag along with me, is more than happy to pay for his drink at that bar. 

Of course, he introduce me his friend there, luckily already doing good with a customer of his own. So i dont need to dispense another boy's drink but tips the boy still. At that time though, i see that he is just doing his part to help out his friends/brothers who might not do as well, of course not using his own money but ours haha. 

I recalled one other guy did tips the waiter and guys at door when he went out with me after i off him. To his credit, he used his own money, but of course seeing this, i added his tips accordingly. 

Of course all these antics wont matter if their service back at hotel doesnt measure up. In the end, as long as im happy and these antics didnt really hurt my wallet that much, i rarely let it ruin my day. Sometimes i also forget that some of those who work in the bars rarely gets much tips from any customers (door guy for example) and i appreciate it when boys show me that sharing some of the wealth with the people around you is a good thing especially when we are more fortunate than them. 

Having said this, i wouldnt appreciate a guy who is my regulars, who shouldve have know my way of tippings etc, to treat me like ATM. Its not really the money but the feeling it made me, somehow feels a little disrespect, as if i wont tip myself. Though i am guilty of forgiving this if i like the guy enough hahahaha.

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

I had that reflection that today,  day 16 , seemed plain  and  boring but when comes to pleasures of flesh with 3 such hunks in one day and M thrown in and he is not undernourished twink either , it was one of best days of that trip.

3 hunks and you consider it plain and boring! I will be delighted to have one hunk!

3 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

You made me laugh with 'Unesco heritage Foodland Patpong' but it sure is cheap to take the lads to and quick to dish up food 24/7. One of my Viet men once ordered 2 dishes and his friend observed that it was nice to have money. I always remember that this is their reality. 

it's actually one of members idea I borrowed from  his report in the spring. 

But I like the place not only because food is edible and not expensive but also because is opened 7/24 and often you can meet boys eating there or other members filling up. Also passerby's can easily notice us inside and come to say hallo.

Interestingly perhaps , few times ( at least 3 I recall) when I suggested to offed boys we can eat there and they say they don't like food at Foodland , off did not work very well so now I'm on alert.

Good point on their    reality, sadly true, 100 baht is bus ticket where I live but 2 meals on the street for boys there

54 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I got room on 65 th floor and as soon I opened door I swear  in my native language. It was swear of good impression instead of mellow ‘ wow’  or even ‘ o fuck ! “ . It was room with the view facing  River and what view it was ! Half Bangkok from Swampy to new parliament building, all through panoramic windows.

Nobody stopped us by the elevators to demand that 1000 extra fee so we went undisturbed and while in elevator I noticed he still has his bar number attached to his jeans only half covered by the t-shirt !

I think I'm gonna try that view someday even if it's not from Silom. And also, you should a boy No 65 to go with the room ;)

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

Bad news was freezing information that for guests brought after 6 p.m. I will be charged 1000 baht and they require 3000 baht deposit. About 1000 baht I said nothing just thinking ‘lets  see “ , for 3000 I was prepared with cash  but since it was in small denomination I requested that the same package will be returned to me which they approved placing it in the envelope with my name and amount.

I checked this in the "House Rules" section on Booking.com

The 3000 deposit is mentioned, so that's fair.  

The 1000 is not mentioned, so I would firmly resist this charge, assuming that I'd booked a room for 2 people as normal. 

That's a lot of hotel for the money, assuming one resists the joiner fee.    Very good value.

while in elevator I noticed he still has his bar number attached to his jeans only half covered by the t-shirt !

Perils of having boys wearing jeans in bars lol. Luckily 1000 baht fee were not collected, but if its mentioned at booking, i steered away as it is not worth the hassle. 

That wandering brought me in Phaya Thai station are where I decided to see what ‘s going on in Ganymede spa which is located in no exit soi just by the station.  Three guys on duty, I picked up smiling one as usual, I was explained that his minimum tip is 1500 for 1.50 hr session which is exactly my standard.

While guy was handsome and hunky, massage was strong and professional, afters were non existing.

He did not make any suitable motions, I was waiting for him and 90 minutes passed ,  me being just thoroughly massaged as to compensate for shortage of this on session with Besty.

As somebody noticed when I reported it originally , that’s danger of places with high minimum tip.

But it was not a case few days ago when I went to Jey Spa ?

Anyways no harm done other than bit disappointment, my second massage this trip with afters absent.

1500 baht minimum tip with no extras? That's daylight robbery!