vinapu

Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

I got room on 65 th floor and as soon I opened door I swear  in my native language. It was swear of good impression instead of mellow ‘ wow’  or even ‘ o fuck ! “ . It was room with the view facing  River and what view it was ! Half Bangkok from Swampy to new parliament building, all through panoramic windows. Room itself was impressive to with separate dining and sleeping areas, couch , coffee table, regular table , desk and separate a/c for sitting and sleeping areas. Bathroom was size of small hotel room in say, Nantra Silom  with bathtube and separate shower.  All that for  about 1800-1900.

1900 baht is a bargain for such a large room with a great view! My room at Le Meridien cost me 2200 baht!

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

1500 baht minimum tip with no extras? That's daylight robbery!

Once the minimum tip is anywhere above 300 baht, they need to specify minimum service levels.  

I've made a note not to visit Ganymede Spa.

• Members
3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

1900 baht is a bargain for such a large room with a great view! My room at Le Meridien cost me 2200 baht!

1900 and 2200 ?? In Bangkok? These are all bargain prices for 4+ star hotels.  In Europe, Ibis cost more than 100 euros now (sometimes >200).

16 hours ago, Min said:

I think I'm gonna try that view someday even if it's not from Silom. And also, you should a boy No 65 to go with the room ;)

It's definitely worth it, specially that windows are panoramic i.e. whole wall of glass.

Dit was not # 65 but I still find him very suitable for an occasion

11 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I always thought that they have to hand over their bar numbers to mamasan before mamasan gets final bill printed

quite possible that's procedure but my procedure of off was non-standard, just stand in the door, wave boy over and pay 500 off fee to mamasan standing nearby

11 hours ago, jason1975 said:

and  that included breakfast as well as unlimited free admission to viewing platform on the top and as we'll learn later today one extra bonus next day

• Members
45 minutes ago, vinapu said:

and  that included breakfast as well as unlimited free admission to viewing platform on the top and as we'll learn later today one extra bonus next day

I re-read your post.  You are referring to Baiyoke Sky Hotel.  This hotel is not in a desirable location, and it's not even close to 4 star.  I would stay at Banyan Tree, but not Baiyoke.  Banyan Tree is at least double your Baiyoke price.  Please read reviews on TripAdvisor and you'll see what people said about Baiyoke.

BTW, I have no problem vacationing in Europe, am gladly paying >200 euro per night.

4 hours ago, scott456 said:

I re-read your post.  You are referring to Baiyoke Sky Hotel.  This hotel is not in a desirable location, and it's not even close to 4 star.  I would stay at Banyan Tree, but not Baiyoke.  Banyan Tree is at least double your Baiyoke price.  Please read reviews on TripAdvisor and you'll see what people said about Baiyoke.

BTW, I have no problem vacationing in Europe, am gladly paying >200 euro per night.

I don't think I mentioned anywhere that Bayioke is 4 star if only because only star rating I care about in Thailand is 7 1/2 Michelin stars Foodland Patpong was awarded long ago along with Unesco Heritage plate.

While location is a little bit , how to say ? less shiny perhaps, I don't know why It would be undesirable. Certainly I did not see nor sense any danger there and as I said  shopping is better than Silom or Chatuchak if I know what shopping is which is not sure thing. Yes , it's  a distance from Silom gay venues but it's few minutes 80-100 baht taxi ride. Yes I paid 200 for tuk-tuk but it could be easily bargained down because driver while quoting told us right away ' no turists now". I did not feel like haggling over 50 baht.

I will try Banyan Tree next time I have urge to waste money on some better accommodation as I usually do every trip for 2-3 nights just to treat myself and boost my self esteem but I used word ' waste' deliberately because I never really see that difference in amenities and comfort justifies difference in price. If you think Banyan tree doubling Baiyoke price is also offering doubled comfort of stay I'm curious to check what that doubled comfort is next time I can.

But I understand others, like you,  may feel differently. The same can be said about restaurants and of all things , boys indeed. I'm in that category  as more often than not I'm happier with guys I tipped higher than standard or market.

Since I stay in Baiyoke already  what will be a point to read comments by people I don't even know  on Trip Advisor ?  

I have my own experience and it was very good.

If somebody did not like things I liked or overlooked it that complainer issue , not mine. I do read at times posts on Agoda for hotels I know from own experience and one thing is sure , there always will be people who will be complaining about anything, including water being too wet and along of them will be those who will praise everything happy that water was available at all. 

While I also like European vacations ( going there soon ) any price over 60 euros is bleeding my heart dry.

4 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I've often wondered about that hotel, but its location isn't attractive to me. I am a sucker for a good view though. Did you take any photos of your room with a view?

very touchy subject,

yes I did and when transferring my trip phots from phone to my computer I did something I still don't know what that pics disapeared from phone but can't them find on my comp anywhere.

So short answer is : regretfully no

48 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Yes I agree that location counts against Baiyoke Sky Hotel especially if I am in a bar in Silom. But then, @vinapu was right to take a tuktuk back to hotel. Surely unforgettable experience and not expensive for 200 baht.

Looks kind of far but it's really few minutes hop by taxi with benefit everybody knows where Baiyoke is. Even by bus 77 it will be 10-15 minutes max . Taxi from hotel to Patpong will be 80-100 generous tip included.

5 hours ago, scott456 said:

I would stay at Banyan Tree, but not Baiyoke.  Banyan Tree is at least double your Baiyoke price.

Has anyone stayed recently at the Banyan Tree? I only stayed there once ages ago and well before the Banyan Tree took it over. Am I correct in thinking it was a Westin?

It's selling point was it was an all suite hotel. But I found both the living rooms and bedrooms very small in area. I did not stay a second time. I wonder if Banyan Tree knocked down walls to increase the areas.

I know of many who want to go to the Vertigo Bar on the roof. I've been a few times and find it quite boring. usually it has been crowded and with Bangkok being so flat there really is not much to see. We have started going to the Speakeasy Bar at the top of the Muse Hotel on Langsuan. It has become popular again but there a lots of tables. When it rains, it has two levels of interior seating. The snack menu is also very good at reasonable prices.

16 hours ago, z909 said:

Once the minimum tip is anywhere above 300 baht, they need to specify minimum service levels.  

I've made a note not to visit Ganymede Spa.

I wouldn't be so strict, I have habit of giving second chances, works in at least half cases

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

yes I did and when transferring my trip phots from phone to my computer I did something I still don't know what that pics disapeared from phone but can't them find on my comp anywhere.

I did consider this hotel too in the past but due the inconvenience location and many poor reviews I never stayed there, however due your good experience at the Baiyoke I will consider staying there on my next visit for night or two for its panoramic BKK view.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

Day 18

Breakfast was included in the rate so we went there, restaurant serving it it’s on 81 floor and whole affair is quite opulent with farang and various Asian dishes. I actually pig out on dragon fruit which I like very much. Looking around one could see that hotel is VERY popular with Indian or at least Indian looking tourists.

View was a bonus and after breakfast we went up to the top to see vista from there, you don’t even need to walk around as in certain hours floor is moving slowly.

Then I walked Dit to the bus stop , it’s from him I learned that bus 77 goes straight from Silom to Prathunam and then decided to have a walk.  Just a walk , so went by BTS to Saphan Kwai and walked  all the way from there to hotel , It took me only 1.5 hr. , not  a bad in that heat. I liked it as it was nice to observe how city changes block after  block, not to mention all that eye candy.

At 3 p.m.  I was expecting X and indeed he lined me at 3 that he is parking car so I went to reception area to meet him there. I need to mention that this trip I did not have even one case when boy did not show up at agreed time , give or take 5 minutes the most. Felt like Switzerland.

At elevator where I met X I was bit surprised with his shorts, not only on short side but very tatty as directed by current boy  fashion, I noticed even lady at reception where he registered his parking ticket raised her brew while sporting not so discreet smile. Did not bother me  but X reflected that Thai people are conservative and may think his dress is disrespectful. So much for cultural sensitivities.

View impressed him indeed and he had fantastic idea, just took quilt from one of beds, placed it on the floor by the window and said it’s most suitable place to have fun . Indeed who will see anything in such a height?  We did not manage to change dresses to Adam’s when it was knock to a door .

Who the hell it’ll be? But I opened and it was waiter from hotel with  box, inside was small chocolate cake and sign ‘Happy Birthday”,  how the hell they knew? Most likely from registration.

It was very nice  and unexpected gesture and cake was quite yummy too. Not the we spent much time tasting it since sheets in the floor were tempting. I like X very much indeed but today he seemed was even more hot and clingy or may be it was me who was more clingy because he seemed  soo hot.

As usual no rush  meeting . At one point he suggested we order some food  which I agreed , after all I was on the run up to now on that dragon fruit from the breakfast.   Another nice surprise, servings were big and tasty and price was surprisingly low at 420 for two plus of course tip.

After he  left I took motorsai (80) to Patpong, had round of drinks with buys and few members at Hot Male then where else ? to Tawan.  Enthusiastically welcomed by Dum , K,  M and TT who noticed probably I like him so much and made sure he is sitting on my right. K yielded place on my left to Dum but he knew why I came there tonight. After the show I ask him to dress and soon we were on our way to Happy Beer to have dinner , treat my friendly waitresses with red wine  and listen to another round of their praises of how nice K, cousin of one of them , is.

No need to look for taxi as K has motorbike , we found spot to park it overnight and again not disturbed by anybody on reception we went up to the room, my birthday dream come true hunk and me. We still had a bit of cake to try before  going to the bed with the view.

As I mentioned yesterday room had 2 beds. Somehow all 4 guests in the room : Besty, Dit, X nad K , picked up one on the right. Surprising , at least for me. Do day 18 finished  on doubly  sweet note , hunk in chocolate cake. Long live  Baiyoke Sky hotel

How a wonderful birthday and extra miles from hotel staff make it perfect, Happy Birthday! 

I been Beiyoke for a dinner buffet few years ago, overall experience are great.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:24 PM, vinapu said:

I'm least competitive person you ever heard of

Also cuming 3 times in one day? I assume you are a bottom and then one sex date doesn’t necessarily have to result in cuming as I think huge part of the pleasure is being fucked by the hunk of your dreams. I feel for tops it is different.  But maybe it’s only me who thinks that. 

I just want to remark that when people write: “my god he has a great libido” they implicitly assume you cum every time. However, if that is not the case you can easily have 6 dates in a day as a bottom and cum only two of them. That is then the same libido as about everyone else. 

5 hours ago, jason1975 said:

3 cheers for attentive hotel staff for noticing your birthday and another 3 cheers for complimentary birthday cake! If only the hotel staff had knocked on the door a bit later! Now that will be a story worth retelling!

It would take bit longer for me to open door needing to dress up a bit .Way room is organized person in the door can't see bed area at all . And it was a girl, X could like her though.

But cake was a nice gesture, they could slip a card or something and they would be nice enough

By the way ,  here's the cake;

Tortf9a4.jpg.252ff97112f232869de685cf7bb88f49.jpg