vinapu

Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022

2 hours ago, Jimbillp said:

Another epic trip.  And I love the way you in effect double your enjoyment by writing it up over a similar time period to the trip itself thereby reliving all the experience - and of course sharing with us.   You bring a very healthy and can do approach to having a great holiday in Thailand. 
It was great to overlap with you at the beginning of your travels and we will always have that time we had private viewing of the Grand Palace all to ourselves.  

I'm glad too we could meet after all those years since MahaNakhon trip with Z.

Don't forget we had S , guy I offed night before from NewTwilight with us at Grand Palace and wat Po but three did not make crowd either. It was best proof that 'early bird catches the worm is true.

Is not secret that while there I make notes basically every time I return to my room to make putting such report easier and more accurate and yes, while writing I re-lived all those moments again.

Healthy and can do approach to vacation everywhere for me is to identify what I can afford ,  both physically and financially and then just do it. I admit idea of taking 3 boys to the room at the same time  seemed crazy but I liked them and did not have time to take them one by one so decided to take plunge and it worked to a great degree

2 hours ago, Min said:

and that idiot is...?

I'll let it go. I wouldn't be that extreme. But you correct, it was not wise on his part since if I had his contact for sure I'll be looking for more in future. I know where to find him but will I bother ? That Shakespearean question.

In paid encounters unfortunately from time to time we may have situation when we like guy, it's why we hired him but he just does it for money and all he wants , not necessarily even rushing, to get his money and go.

33 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe you can just make up a few more days for us.

I did not make any days, report is  accurate. Not complete though as I left out most of stuff behind the closed door like ironing , vacuuming , knitting , tea making, yarn spinning  etc, you know,  stuff everybody does and is so familiar with that doesn't need to hear it again.

@vinapuAccept the widespread and well deserved praise for your illuminating reports on alphabetizing and knitting and maintaining a stamp collection in a humid environment!  Past experience with report writing allows me to be impressed by the effort you put in to hold our interest and maintain some/a lot of suspense.

While I am attempting to plan a 3 week visit in September, I am sad that I could not be in Smile Land when so many grand gentlemen descended on the sois with the goal of helping the Thai economy recover. I'd take my hat off (if I wore one) to you and  @paulsf @anddy and @reader.  Its also a joy to find new reporters @Minand @jason1975 have been inspired by you to add new enlightenment to the Forum.

Hopefully, there can be a gathering of whatever the Scots would call this clan, but until then may the reports keep coming, though I suspect none (well maybe my next one) will equal yours.

Thanks

3 hours ago, ggobkk said:

@vinapuAccept the widespread and well deserved praise for your illuminating reports on alphabetizing and knitting and maintaining a stamp collection in a humid environment!  Past experience with report writing allows me to be impressed by the effort you put in to hold our interest and maintain some/a lot of suspense.

you overestimating me but thank you for noticing that putting trip report actually requires a bit of time.

In my case it was time normally devoted to watching Thai BL series completely neglected by me, first because of trip and  now because of report. 

Hope to write at least one more this year God willing

17 hours ago, vinapu said:

I doubt you can learn anything from me, I only know how to squander money on boys but I doubt it's something you need tutoring on, LOL

many thanks for your kind words Vinapu.  I am happy to learn that my previous trip reports from many years ago helped you gain more joy from Thailand - and I believe that when us members take the painstaking time to prepare them the reward is knowing that there were found to be useful and maybe even changed someone's life (4 hands) :>))

Yes, I was in the background and silent for many years - my job became all consuming and took over my life and I did not have anymore trips to the LOS, that I decided to remain silent as I could not add anything of additional value to this forum.

Now that I went into retirement - I hope to be more active in all of the various forums.

However Vinapu, I do in fact have a lot to learn from you.  I can say it in one word = COURAGE

I truly envy your courage on how you are not afraid to approach the guys that you want and to perform the "Vinapu tuck" - even in front of the entire bar audience and staff - with the result of them applauding you and cheering you on.  That takes courage!!  I also see that it creates tremendous positive energy and camaraderie - and I really like that.

ok, I look forward to finally meeting you.

6 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I can say it in one word = COURAGE

I truly envy your courage on how you are not afraid to approach the guys that you want and to perform the "Vinapu tuck" - even in front of the entire bar audience and staff - with the result of them applauding you and cheering you on.  That takes courage!!  I also see that it creates tremendous positive energy and camaraderie - and I really like that.

I know what you mean, I was the same , circling around the block before decided to enter bar, sweating on approach to Senso or Arena but with with patient practicing I built mind frame that world inside of bar is different and I can be more brave while indoors there.

I like  my tuck and to this day I don't grasp idea of those money garlands some patrons are giving to boys - what's the purpose ? to elevate boy's standing ? or patron's ? I rather tuck that 1000 bill inside but I will not. 100 is ok but for more I should get more that just distant visual pleasure but that's just me.

I like to observe reaction of boys tipped, some get a message that I may be interested  and smile and approach afterwards, other collect money but still avoid eyesight and that's the message that my love is one sided. 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:49 PM, vinapu said:

I like  my tuck and to this day I don't grasp idea of those money garlands some patrons are giving to boys - what's the purpose ? to elevate boy's standing ? or patron's ? I rather tuck that 1000 bill inside but I will not. 

I am one of those customers who give 1000-baht garlands to my favourite guys on stage. I ask waiter to put them on or I will put garland on guy myself. But i make them myself with string and wooden clothes pegs. Once guy basks in attention from his peers for that one minute or so, he will sit with me and we will unfasten the 100 baht notes and he will tuck into his shorts / underwear. I will then keep the wooden clothes pegs and string in my bag.

52 minutes ago, vinapu said:

thank you for the explanation ,

Certainly fun area I'm  yet to discover

it seems expensive way of achieving boy attention , something 100 baht placed strategically using vinapu tuck would do.

But to elaborate further, I don't give to guys that I see for the first time. I only give garlands to guys whom I have offed before and towards the end of my trip.

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

But to elaborate further, I don't give to guys that I see for the first time. I only give garlands to guys whom I have offed before and towards the end of my trip.

one of our members does the same as a way of telling guys he offed previously " sorry I did not off you this trip"

Great trip reports, Vinapu, thank you.

Re Garlands. I can understand that some people might object to the ostentatiousness of giving in that way, rather than a quietly donated folded 1,000 baht note. But the ostentatiousness also gives face to the recipient, and we know that's important, sometimes more than the money.