vinapu

Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022

14 hours ago, ematt said:

By the way Vinapu, is your Khun X the same Khun X that used to work Tawan massage, and occasionally in Tawan Bar?  I would love to catch up with him — best massages ever. 

Unfortunately no, my X never worked in Tawan

Vinapu, thank you so much for sharing your experiences during your last trip! You shared a great deal of information on the places you visited and time spent with the boys. I am amazed at the detail in your reports; I don't think I would have the patience to write such detailed reports daily.

I also like your style and the humour you add to your posts. That makes it even more interesting.

I was last in Bangkok in mid Feb 2020, just when COVID started spreading to places outside the country where it started.

I hope to be back in BKK mid February 2023. I'll be there for about 12 days, after visiting 3 countries in Africa. I'm looking forward to that trip; the info you've shared will be most helpful.

Thank you once again for sharing your experiences!

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

"Dw5m3m5mh" which translates : " D wanted 5000 , I offered 3000, he accepted , in the morning I gave him 500 more and he was visibly happy with it "  or " KGdinhdturn77"  i.e after session K and I went to G'Bangkok German restaurant in soi 4 for a dinner and I noticed that passerby'e are turning heads looking at us seeing outside

I should learn your unique shorthand!

me and humor ?

Yeah, I think so - you get a number of haha's for your posts!

from your nick I can see you are lucky one having non-stop BKK flight from home airport

This time, I'm travelling to BKK after visiting some places in North and E Africa.

Air Canada will be running direct flights to BKK from Vancouver. However, in Business Class, they're almost 2x more expensive than other flights with 1 stopover (including AirCanada with code share partners). Prices in Economy are reasonable, tho, for the direct flight.

17 minutes ago, moistmango said:

A shift of home later, Tawan feels like a new entity, housed in a space half the original size. There was at least a decent crowd, including two women. (?!) Didn't recognize a single face from pre-pandemic days, from the wait staff to the guys. Looks like there was a complete overhaul.

try again in a day or two as at Tawan definitely there were quite a few boys from pre-covid days including one I offed and mamasan in thick glasses

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

@moistmango Thanks. Looking forward to further reports in the following days. A bit of a shock to hear that Fresh Boys had no one within, but what time were you looking in? Your reference to the bit in Dream Boy about the "siamese twins" attached at a strategic part suggests that this was between 11 and 11:30 pm?

Slightly past 10, if I don’t recall wrongly. Granted, we stuck our heads in, then turned around pretty quickly. Might have missed a couple of warm bodies in the shadows. The gaggle of boys just sitting around though didn’t seem to suggest that. 

4 hours ago, moistmango said:

I hit up Jupiter this evening. Surprisingly, all was as I remembered it: lots of women in the audience (couple of hen parties), and very attractive boys, mostly straight.

I always wonder how you guys recognize who is straight and who is not just by looking at them , skill which eludes me.

Sure at times some boys are acting revealingly so to speak but it's pretty rare.

As always , I have my doubts how straight are guys presenting and offering themselves to patrons of boy bar who are mostly men. Not to mention impressive erection some of those straights have in the room as soon as doors are closed.

I agree with floridarob, we need only bar and  one guy from there to make night interesting

17 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I always wonder how you guys recognize who is straight and who is not just by looking at them , skill which eludes me.

Actually, I’m with you on this one .. The purported straightness of the Jupiter employees was a claim from one of the papa’s. 

1 minute ago, moistmango said:

Actually, I’m with you on this one .. The purported straightness of the Jupiter employees was a claim from one of the papa’s. 

ok, that answers my question. From my experience for practical purpose in Thai bars  straight means top and gay bottom.

In my early days in Thailand when I expressed an interest in one of guys at Jupiter at it's former location where Moonlight is now,   mamasan answered 'he is straight " which considering place we were took me by surprise visible on my face .

Seeing that he explained in detail ' you can not fuck him "

@moistmango 2 more questions if you don't mind. When you reached moonlight after midnight, were you charged 250 baht or 400 baht for your entry/ drink?

I saw a sign on the wall last month that said 250 baht if after midnight, probably because the show would have been over. But that sign was inside the bar, not outside, so people entering would not see it.

Secondly, how many boys were left at that hour? I reckon ML begins the evening with 15 to 20 boys. So, knowing how many remain on site at midnight will give us an idea of the offing rate in a wet, low season month. 

22 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

@moistmango 2 more questions if you don't mind. When you reached moonlight after midnight, were you charged 250 baht or 400 baht for your entry/ drink?

I saw a sign on the wall last month that said 250 baht if after midnight, probably because the show would have been over. But that sign was inside the bar, not outside, so people entering would not see it.

Secondly, how many boys were left at that hour? I reckon ML begins the evening with 15 to 20 boys. So, knowing how many remain on site at midnight will give us an idea of the offing rate in a wet, low season month. 

Not at all. By quarter past midnight - this was a Friday/early Sat - the joint was winding down already. The models were all gone, either booked out or having decamped post-show. About 5 to 6 boys were left on stage. This being ML though, the quality was decent, though hardly cream of the crop, unsurprisingly. I did meet Mr. Phnom Penh, who came recommended by one of the papa's I know.

The entrance fee was still 400, but that came with two drinks instead of the usual one. (The deal with ML of course is that this is actually an entrance fee you pay at the door, so it's not possible to poke your head in first, then decide if you would like to stay.) I didn't order anything else after that, except for my boy, so I can't say if prices are indeed lower. 

That, however, is the case with Jupiter. First drink is 400, subsequent ones are 160/170 to 200. 

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, 10tazione said:

I fully underline this. I would even say, Jup boys looked better than before, not just model face but also model abs. Unfortunately, they still don't smile.

ideal place for those who like unsmiling guys though. 

1 hour ago, ukvagabond said:

if you don't mind me asking, what "liturgical questions" do you make sure to ask? I've heard that you always need to make sure they will bottom. Is there anything else?

In gogo bars most will not bottom, in massage parlours, about half will not. So, to avoid disappointment or unpleasantness later, it's important to settle this question beforehand. 

Do note that nearly all boys, even when they agree to bottom, will insist on protected sex.

From gogo bars, all will do short time, but some cannot do overnight (commitments early morning, for example) so if you're keen on long-time (overnight), ask first.

As for fees, some of us settle that in advance too, but some other members leave that unsaid. As a newbie, it may be better to settle that question in advance too at least until you're surer about the going rates.