Olddaddy

How do you go back to the room ?

One thing I'm trying to plan this trip is to stay in Boyztown or near for several nights then jomtien complex a few nights, that way I can take guys from both areas without having to use transport for both of us 

But I'm just wondering how you guys get back to your room with the boy if your say offing a guy in Sunee and your hotel is in jomtien,do you use mb taxis or walk down for the baht bus or you have your own transportation?

I just find it such a hassle to off a guy only to spend 30 minutes in traffic getting back to the room .

Often I just hire 2 mb taxis for both of us .

That's why this time I'm planning more to be closer to the bars .

During my last trip (2+ years ago) I didn’t find the late night transport Boystown/Sunee to Jomtien or vice versa a problem at all. It was always by motor bike taxi !. Years ago I owned motor bikes so I am confortable being a pillion passenger in Pattaya and have great respect for the skill of the Thai drivers. It always seemed like no time at all from Sunee to Jomtien with the rush of air and the boy holding onto me 3-up on the bike, zooming along the quiet night roads. I hardly ever did it using two bikes. The boys always seemed ok with this arrangement, with me in the middle being able to have footrests in that position. Of course I would never do this if drunk but that is never my condition when offing boys. I don’t think I could cope with this journey using baht busses which is difficult from Sunee though easier from BT. Not good squashed in the taxi with the boy, enduring the stares and the odd remark from tourists.

Ever since I stopped saying in the Boyztown area (noise!) and preferred Jomtien, getting from the gogo bars of Boyztown back to hotel has never been a problem. 

More often than not, the gogo boy himself has a motorbike, so I ride off with him. If he does not have his own transport, we use motorbike taxis. Since I don't fancy the idea of 2 pillion riders behind the driver, so we'd hail 2 Motos.

The songtaews outside the school run well past midnight - or used to, anyway, when bars stayed open till late - but they take too long to fill up and move out, the later the hour.

Several times when the gogo boy had his own bike, he didn't have a spare helmet. If caught by traffic police, I might have had a problem, but so far so good. As one boy cheerfully said to me once: "no problem. Late already. Now police no have, all sleeping." 

2 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

If caught by traffic police, I might have had a problem, but so far so good. As one boy cheerfully said to me once: "no problem. Late already. Now police no have, all sleeping." 

Last winter, the police frequently had late night roadblocks at the top of the hill between Jomtien and South Pattaya.   Fortunately, at least 75% of the time, the roadblocks were checking traffic heading towards Jomtien only.

I've tended to visit Jomtien for socializing, with any boys separately fixed up via Grinder.  So if I'm going home alone, I usually walk.    If going with a lad, the options are baht bus or Bolt.    I tried a Bolt motorcycle once, but it was like riding on the back with Valentino Rossi, so that's not something I'm too keen on repeating. 

11 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

One thing I'm trying to plan this trip is to stay in Boyztown or near for several nights then jomtien complex a few nights, that way I can take guys from both areas without having to use transport for both of us 

not entirely academic as I did it on my last trip ( report soon ) and twice before. Take advantage of low rates and for night or three keep cheap( 500-600 bht , perhaps even lower ) room in both areas. That way you don';t need to haul yourself and boy across,  just go to your spare room in say Zing resort or Copa  

Z 909 is right. Use Bolt Taxis (cars not motor bikes).

For those not in the know it is a new version of Uber. 

I used them many times to travel all over the area and from my condo (near Sunne) to Jomtien was 60 baht. The same price as a motor bike taxi. Agreed it may rise.

Car always arrived within 2 or 3 minutes and of course is door to door, unlike baht buses.

9 hours ago, Lucky said:

This thread shows how far behind I am as I remember that there were no good places to stay in Jomtiem. It was for the gay beach only. When did it all change?

Yes you are really far behind... Excellent accommodation options on reasonable prices to name a few Agate, Zing,East Suites and The Venue.

If I'm going somewhere solo I will take mototaxi, 75% of the time I remember to ask for a helmet. Mototaxi's are plentiful in all areas, but I try to pick the older riders because they are usually safer.

If I'm taking a boy from one area to another I will usually get a bolt car, the prices are pretty comparable to mototaxi but it just takes a little longer while you wait for them to arrive.