Olddaddy

Transport contacts

Next week I will be arriving in Thailand after 3 years away 🥳🥳🥳

Whilst I haven't booked hotels yet I'm pretty positive I will go to jomtien,so I'm wondering if you guys have any contact for a reliable car service from Bangkok to jomtien on a late evening flight arrival.

I'm not after the cheapest,I'm prepared to pay up to b3000 as long as it's reliable,I don't want to start trying to call them etc on arrival.

I could contact the Zing where I'm going to stay but I doubt they have a car service?

Gone are the days where I just used to arrive and haggle any taxi on arrival only for them to change their price half way to Pattaya 😆

28 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I could contact the Zing where I'm going to stay but I doubt they have a car service?

no hurt asking, they may have few drivers they are working with

Normally , specially to Jomtien I'd advise to take airport bus as it's short walk from bus station to the Complex  but you mentioned you arriving late and by taking taxi, in style ! 

39 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

Is it a problem just to get a taxi from the rank at the airport ? Precovid the fare was usually about 1500 baht plus a tip. What are you anticipating ?

Yes !! Too many bad experiences.

Once taken to a side entrance from the airport to a waiting limo trying to get me to change over 

The next time the driver agreed on 1300 baht ( this was a few years ago )only on the freeway to ask for 2000b 

No I would rather book and have someone waiting ,someone reliable and that way no hassles just get in and go .

On 6/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, gerefan said:

I have used Pattaya Limo for a number of years. Always on time and 100% reliable no matter what time of day or night. Don’t let the word Limo put you off, it’s a good clean taxi!

I will be using them on my next trip in August.

Airport to Pattaya 1300 plus tip.

https://www.thelimopattaya.com/booking/

Any idea if they’ve disappeared? Always used them but their web site seems to be gone. Anyone know of a reliable alternative?

11 hours ago, forky123 said:

Any idea if they’ve disappeared? Always used them but their web site seems to be gone. Anyone know of a reliable alternative?

They are still there. I used them only the other day. Try this …

https://www.thelimopattaya.com/booking/

This is the link that I used to book. Always works for me! 

On 6/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, floridarob said:

I've used Mike Taxi in Pattaya, they've been reliable , I've contacted them on Line, I hope they survived Covid

https://mikepattayataxi.com/

They had survived. Very good service. Reactive on Line. I used them to/from Pattaya last January and it was perfect. 1200 bahts one way. 1400 if you need a more comfortable car.

3 hours ago, BieBie said:

november Bolt rate was 1600 baht on arrival and 1450 on departure, so I used them. Rates are time and traffic sensitive, 

not exactly competitive, I paid 1300 From Suriwong to Pattaya in Nov and it was taxi parked on the street. But you may be right , they price according to traffic and demand 

well, sometimes finding your prebooked ride a not as easy as it should be....  bolt always works for me and better rates than Grab, with the apps you can see where your driver is, on two occasions I lost a lot of time with drivers waiting different place than was promised, and if you speak zero Thai...