reader

New Silom hotel in the offing

The Ibis hotel chain will soon open a new location on Silom, opposite the Bangkok Christian Hospital. 

Ibis has other locations in the city. Rooms tend to be on the small side but so do their rates.

Ibis Styles Silom plans a soft opening beginning June 24. It’s set about 100 feet back from the street.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc811d26fc87c9924a5517b68c691899.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/ibisStylesBangkokSilom/

"At Ibis Styles, you can have an epic stay in Bangkok without ever leaving the hotel."

They must have cute guys at the reception then!

Quickly compared prices on booking between this one and The Quarter Silom on Saturday 30 July, without breakfast and silimar cancellation terms:

Ibis Styles Silom 18m2: 2101 Baht

The Quarter Silom: 23m2: 1473 Baht

Between these 2 options, I would stick with The Quarter.

6 hours ago, 10tazione said:

"At Ibis Styles, you can have an epic stay in Bangkok without ever leaving the hotel."

They must have cute guys at the reception then!

Quickly compared prices on booking between this one and The Quarter Silom on Saturday 30 July, without breakfast and similar cancellation terms:

Ibis Styles Silom 18m2: 2101 Baht

The Quarter Silom: 23m2: 1473 Baht

Between these 2 options, I would stick with The Quarter.

I'll stick with Raya or Baan Silom

Given the Ibis chain’s reputation, it will fill a niche in the Silom area that has seen a score of hotels go under during Covid. I stayed in an Ibis property only once. I found it exceptionally clean but the rooms very tight.Should attract short-time guests in town for a few days and who plan to spend little time in the room.

Perhaps the best thing it offers is added competition.

I agree The Quarter maintains an edge, as do some others mentioned above.

8 hours ago, reader said:

Given the Ibis chain’s reputation, it will fill a niche in the Silom area that has seen a score of hotels go under during Covid. I stayed in an Ibis property only once. I found it exceptionally clean but the rooms very tight.Should attract short-time guests in town for a few days and who plan to spend little time in the room.

Perhaps the best thing it offers is added competition.

I agree The Quarter maintains an edge, as do some others mentioned above.

like Red Planet with room of similar size to Quarters. modern and well maintained