Olddaddy

The jomtien complex

Well next week can't come fast enough,back in Pattaya after 3 & half  years !😉

Any updates on the Jomtien complex?

How is the Venue show nowadays, I used to go every night years ago, who can forget Madame Karen & those wonderful dancers, 

Home Bar was one of my favorites along with cocka2 then.

A lot of new bars I guess ,pity they don't allow the Go Go bars .

As for food is " Timmies" still operating , my favorites pie shop .

What was the other one called, great  cheap food place opp the carpark where you could sit outside.

I wasn't keen on Dick cafe if that still there , loved sitting outside on the opp side though and chilling with a ice coffee.

Thai blind massage was fantastic,used it everyday !

Yupins another great restaurant, the owner was a fine gentleman who looked after his customers.

I also heard some bars from the old Sunee had moved ( before Covid) to jomtien ?

Yes !😂 I forgot they had put in a new roof and I believe painted the roadway rainbow 🌈 colours ,can't wait to see, I will report back when I arrive next week🥳

36 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

If I may stray:

How is all this chatting conducted? English, Thai or translator?

In my case, the conversation is conducted in English.

Quite a few MBs speak enough English to ply their trade and to discuss other topics.  This doesn't always work out.  I sat with a Khmer lad who speaks a small amount of English very confidently, however once we go beyond that, he can't cope. Also he can read neither Thai, nor Roman letters, so any translation app is to Khmer audio.

More commonly, I off boys from the apps and totally unconnected with this, I often sit with Farang chatting in Jomtien.   Many other customers seem to do the same.

14 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx

I asked, bcs my nonsexual fantasy is to have real conversations with these youngsters about anything but sex....

I guess unless you get "educated" Thai guys and I don't mean that disrespectfully it's hard to have a conversation with them about World politics or whatever.

A friend told me he has many such conversation with Filipino boys though in the Phillipines where English & education on world affairs is much better .

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

perhaps because Philippines have such vast diaspora

Being colonised by the US probably has a lot to do with the widespread use of English in The Philippines as a recognised language.  

Jomtien Complex has changed a lot in 3 1/2 years with many new bars, pop-up bars and cafes. I was pleasantly surprised. Having said that, some things, never change. Home Bar is still the same and Zack sits in the same spot each night. Cocka2 is still operating, although that top end of the Soi can get a little too noisy with bars fighting for music dominance. There are actually more bars now than there have ever been. 69 Bar and B.N Bar (Big Nuts Bar) both opened this month.