Olddaddy

Bangkok vs Pattaya ,why ?

May seem like a strange question but I'm fascinated to know why.

Why do you prefer Bangkok over Pattaya ?

Now I'm a City boy here in my own country but for many reasons I don't like the City of Bangkok when it comes to taking guys.

Love to read some of your reasons, I guess there's a lot more muscular type guys in Bangkok where Pattaya has more twinkish ?

I like Bangkok for a few days then I need a "relaxing" place to get away to.

I prefer the Pattaya / Jomtien closeness to the seaside - fresh air, and breeze.

The bigness and noisiness of Bangkok stresses me - therefore making the offing guy experience less fun.

So, for longer periods of time I prefer to stay in Jomtien / Pattaya.

For more intense action packed fun for a shorter period of time - then I prefer Bangkok.

For meeting the guys - I am happy with the offerings in both places - especially now with the ease of the apps - but I do like the going out adventure of go-go and or host bar scene.

Bangkok has a bit of everything all the time. I find muscle boys and twinks in Bangkok but I also found them in Pattaya. For me the main difference is in Pattaya I know the app guys are looking for money, but in Bangkok, it is hit or miss. However, there are still many more guys in Bangkok than Pattaya.

I guess too the farangs are probably younger compared to Pattaya?

Do you notice the difference in farangs in both places?

Are the farangs more ,how do I put it, more hipster/stylish, younger,educated, financially more secure  etc in Bangkok than Pattaya?

6 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Bangkok has a bit of everything all the time. I find muscle boys and twinks in Bangkok but I also found them in Pattaya. For me the main difference is in Pattaya I know the app guys are looking for money, but in Bangkok, it is hit or miss. However, there are still many more guys in Bangkok than Pattaya.

Do you think there's many more guys available in Bangkok?

I always found it more difficult in Bangkok compared to Pattaya, but obviously the type of guy was more available in BKK , eg muscle guys or African guys .

I guess more "Top" boys too compared to Pattaya 

Me: Been to BKK, Going to Pattaya 1st time this week.

When I look at the bars in Pattaya and what they put on social media, I just don't get the same excitement as seeing the posts from Moonlight and Jupiter. Eye candy in the planning process is a major selling point. I will say that Dragon Man Club is the exception, and this might be the place that will bring me back time and time again to Pattaya.

However, that's not to say there aren't stunners in Pattaya. It could just be that bars in BKK have to be more adept at social media due to higher rent and overhead. 

As you mentioned, though, Pattaya does seem to be more friendly, and I think that might have a powerful effect on me. Being a vers man myself, I imagine that the twink empire of Pattaya will just put me more in the mood to express my top side, whereas Bangkok is where the bottom loves to come out. I do know there are plenty of twinks who top, though, so please excuse the generalization. 

As I'm in my 30s and am a white foreigner living in a SE Asia country that's not Singapore (the rules are a bit different there), I'll be honest that it's VERY easy to find free hook-ups with twinks, so that's another benefit of Bangkok. (Clarity: I might not love the idea of paying to off twinks when I can just as easily have fun free encounters with local guys who are just as handsome and speak English.) 

3 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I guess too the farangs are probably younger compared to Pattaya?

Do you notice the difference in farangs in both places?

Are the farangs more ,how do I put it, more hipster/stylish, younger etc in Bangkok than Pattaya?

Sure, but the ones that pay in the bars look the same. (except for the hot Hong Kong, Singapore guys that frequent).

If you look at  falang visitors as a whole, there is a distinction; many of those who are in BKK at a particular time are there for  a short period...BKK+ CNX + beach, or variations thereof. Not so many BBK tourists stay for a week or more though I know some do . In Pattaya, on the other hand (or Phuket, for example), the beach location results in tourists staying longer. Not many will travel to Pattaya for just three or so days.

There are also business men in BKK who are there for a couple or so nights only and may enjoy a bar or two. Soi Thaniya?

This means that the guys on the scene in BKK and Pattaya may have different expectations, or even hopes and aspirations. In Pattaya, a successful interaction may lead to two weeks of paid employment while a BBK mb will  be less likely to expect a repeat performance.

On balance, I suspect that the Pattaya guy is likely to provide the better service. However, I've read of many falangs who have different experiences. I'm talking in generalities, of course.

Another issue may be that the Pattaya guys often live close together and may even have arrived together as a childhood friends. I'm no expert on the bar-scene of today but my distinct recollection is that the Pattaya bars were more fun, with more inter-dancer interaction, teasing and joking  and so on, compared to BKK, where the guys were more likely to be workmates...not "mates." Sometimes they may live miles away from anyone else in that bar.

Just a recollection, mind you.. 

I visit both Bangkok & Pattaya, but I typically spend far more time in Pattaya.

Pattaya is more relaxed, I quite like the gay scene and the budget tends to go further.     

In recent years, Bangkok has the best gogo bar for twinks, in Fresh Boys.    When open, ScrewBoys, Lucky Boys and even Super A were often OK.   I have no interest at all in the rest of them.     

I'm very happy with the service from boys on apps in both Bangkok and Pattaya.  

There's a slightly better selection of places to eat in Bangkok, plus more to see.   However, Pattaya has some coffee shops which comfortably beat the offering in Silom.

Whilst we might expect Pattaya to have better air quality, I don't think the difference is as much as you might expect.    The AQI index is often similar for both destinations.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Not so many BBK tourists stay for a week or more though I know some do . In Pattaya, on the other hand (or Phuket, for example), the beach location results in tourists staying longer. Not many will travel to Pattaya for just three or so days.

glad to learn that I'm such an exception on both counts. With one exception I spent much more time in Bkk than Pattaya ( last trip ratio of nights 16:4 ).

Main reason  I like Bangkok better is daytime activities, I'm not a bitch (beach? ) person and don't like much of the sea because I find water too wet so during day in Pattaya  I kind of struggle to find suitable activities while in Bangkock just strolling down the street provides an entertainment and eye candy to no end not to mention wats , parks, palaces and at the top -cruise along Chao Praya river.

Z909 is right , budget goes further in Pattaya both on the flesh pleasures and hotels.

Bangkok has more hunks for me to chase but Pattaya share is usually sufficient . What bothers me at times is compactness of the scene, you off one guy and next day you get a LOOK from guy you offed day before.

I did not notice any differences in attitude or friendliness, there are great guys in both places with occasional dud thrown to raise blood pressure  

As for food, Bangkok and Bangkok only has 7 1/2 stars Foodland Patpong. 

I have forum friends in both places and glad to meet them anytime I'm there if only our timing will align, last trip missed Gaybutton and Biguyby in Pattaya and Christian PFC in Bangkok.

For me both places are like tea and coffee, some like this , others that, many drink both in different times of day, no right or wrong

10 minutes ago, vinapu said:

s for food, Bangkok and Bangkok only has 7 1/2 stars Foodland Patpong. 

Ever been to the Malaysia Hotel coffee shop.....back in the day before apps and the internet, there and the surawong hotel coffee shop used to be the late night hookup places for many guys that didn't get an off....really good Thai and some western food options too. There's usually a table of cops eating and always 1 cute young one, I have the waitress slip the cute one my number discreetly....in all the years it only worked one time, but we hooked up 😁

The differences between BKK & Pattaya along with what everyone else said.....Pattaya seems to be the minor league training camp for BKK. My percentage of good sex is much higher in BKK. Bkk has better dining options and easier to get around more things to do. Pattaya gets a lot of the much older crowd that is happy to have someone sitting with them for company, more than the crazy sex in bed like BKK. Guys in BKK are generally better looking both in twinks and tough guy types (there is a word used in Mexico, Chakal that describes this type perfectly, lol)

They're both good in their own way, so I usually split my time between them.

Bangkok has better attractions for tourist activities and some really great restaurants and shopping.

Pattaya gives me more of a holiday feeling for me, it's a more relaxed vibe with a slower pace but can get boring if I stay too long.

As a generalization, the twinkier boys in the gogos and non-p4p boys I meet are more attractive in Bangkok. The exception to this was my last trip in April because Pattaya had more venues open so more variety of boys, but I'm hoping that by the time I return later this year things will be a little more 'back to normal'.

20 hours ago, vinapu said:

As for food, Bangkok and Bangkok only has 7 1/2 stars Foodland Patpong. 

Pattaya also has Foodland (Took Lae Dee).  One in Royal Garden Plaza and another in Terminal 21 but I have not set eyes on the one in T21.

Perhaps their star rating doesn't match the patpong branch. 😋

1 hour ago, Lotusleaf said:

Pattaya also has Foodland (Took Lae Dee).  One in Royal Garden Plaza and another in Terminal 21 but I have not set eyes on the one in T21.

Perhaps their star rating doesn't match the patpong branch. 😋

I'm afraid one in the basement of Royal Garden Plaza is no more, wasn't there in Dec neither in May.

Terminal 21 is to far from boy bars to be considered for rating by Michelin and UNESCO

On my trips to Thailand, I typically go for around 10 days, but spend only 2 or 3 days in Pattaya - the rest in BKK.

I've always enjoyed the side excursions to Pattaya. But when my trips to Thailand resume, I'm thinking of no longer going to Pattaya. It just doesn't seem worth travelling down there, just to visit slightly different bars, when the bars and guys in BKK are so good.

Secondly, as mentioned on posts above, I find there is not much to do in Pattaya during the day and the selection of restaurants and hotels there are not as good. (In BKK, I can't fit in the amount of different restaurants I want to try - but in Pattaya, I can barely find any).

My sense from reading these forums is that there was a craziness in the Pattaya scene many years ago - which was worth coming to see. But unfortunately that seems to have faded, and now the scene seems like just a smaller version of BKK.

I've always enjoyed the chaos of Bangkok. There's a lot more to do there in general. If I was more of beach person I might enjoy Pattaya more. I can only take it for a few days there though. I like being able to get around the city by public transport too.

I guess too the difference in customers/farang  to each area .

I'm thinking more cheaper in Pattaya so more lower economic farangs ,to put it nicely 😂,just like myself.

I wouldn't dare paying Bangkok prices, not all the time anyway.

I wonder too if the type of farang going to Bangkok are more professional types in terms of occupational, one should do a study I guess😉