Tartegogo

Short time is not 1 hour, right?

12 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

An “off” seems to be taking a boy out if a club for ST or LT ?

yes, and it requires to pay bar or massage "off fee" . In girl bars off fee is known as 'bar fine"

as for safety I feel safe in Thailand any place any time of day or night and only thing I lock in safety deposit box is money and passport

10 hours ago, z909 said:

I remember someone with quite a prominent role on this forum saying if you walk down the road by the beach in Rio at night, walk on the side with the hotels, as if you walk down the beach side of the road, you're going to get robbed.    Getting robbed isn't even something I think about in Thailand.    I also walk wherever I want to, day or night.

I was only once in Rio for a long week-end and stayed in one of the hotels by Copacabana Beach. On Sunday morning I took an expensive cab in to the centre just to walk around and see the city.  It was a beautiful sunny day. I had taken off anything of value and just wore a T-shirt, shorts and sandals. I was walking past a church which was quite literally packed to overflowing when I heard running footsteps behind me, quickly followed by a hand over my mouth and another on my neck. It was only then I realised I had totally forgotten to take off the gold neck chain I had been wearing for a couple of decades. I rarely took it off as I had bought it in Singapore and the strong clasp was very difficult to undo. The thief had clearly seen it glint in the sunlight under my T-shirt.

As my mugger pulled hard to try and dislodge it, I shouted for help. Three men standing in the lobby of the nearby church came rushing towards me. Within moments the thief had run off. Just a second later my neck chain fell to the ground! What really surprised me was that a police car was on the scene within less than a minute. But it was really my fault for not having taken the chain off, so I thanked everyone in my very basic Portuguese, especially the guys from the church. As @z909 has said, I cannot recall ever thinking about being robbed in Thailand over the decades i have been visiting and living in the country. And I never have been robbed.

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

I wonder who has more fun ?

Some people have fun just being in another country away from home, some have fun hang gliding or visiting churches and temples.....very individual what constitutes fun for someone.

You'll very rarely see me outdoors before sunset, I'm fine in a dark room all day, but some people can't understand that.

people are strange 😁

9 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Some people have fun just being in another country away from home, some have fun hang gliding or visiting churches and temples.....very individual what constitutes fun for someone.

so some have fun ignoring greedy boys and others paying them overpriced fees

10 minutes ago, floridarob said:

, I'm fine in a dark room all day, 

as long as you take vitamin D regularly you will be OK