Vessey

Pride Party Tonight and Tomorrow at Home Bar, Jomtien Complex

Looks like they are making a very good effort there.

Other forums have carried reports of a girly bar opening opposite Dragon Noise Lounge.   Which I think means it's next door to Home bar.  

So it's nice to see some high profile pride decor at Home bar, just to remind everyone what this street is about.     I hope their party's a roaring success.   

4 hours ago, aussie_ said:

The Pride party was well attended and a big success. Many partygoers were dancing in the soi when i left around 1230am.

The Venue Show Bar also had a full house for their anniversary party.  

20220617_224356.jpg

20220617_230822.jpg

Great pictures, thank you so much for sharing :) 

I was able to make it to this tonight and the atmosphere was festive for sure, though I do gather it's a similar atmosphere as usual. Unfortunately I don't have any experience of the Complex so I had nothing to compare it to.

I got incredibly lucky with Grindr and met up with a man who was intelligent, sweet, handsome, sexy, experienced, and manly at the party tonight. So, I will always have fond memories of this event.

19 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

I got incredibly lucky with Grindr and met up with a man who was intelligent, sweet, handsome, sexy, experienced, and manly at the party tonight. So, I will always have fond memories of this event.

So you wanna meet me, another man who is intelligent, sweet, handsome, sexy, experienced, and manly 😁 kidding. Anyway, you sound really like @jason1975 very enthusiastic about many things :)

It looks like Jomtien Complex is back to normal business tonight.No description available.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I like that farang and boy sitting beside each other and both glued to their phone, strong romantic bond indeed

Hi Vinapu - I imagine that they are chatting with each other - and the reason that they are glued to their phones is because they need the Google translator program to communicate between them.  cut & paste the native text and then transmit in their respective language the message.

If it is not that - then perhaps they are selecting guys from the apps for a 3-some or 4-some later in the evening....

4 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Hi Vinapu - I imagine that they are chatting with each other - and the reason that they are glued to their phones is because they need the Google translator program to communicate between them.  cut & paste the native text and then transmit in their respective language the message.

If it is not that - then perhaps they are selecting guys from the apps for a 3-some or 4-some later in the evening....

both explanations make much sense but there's third one- each of them is talking to own friends on Facebook or Line. Unfortunately view  of boring boy sitting with farang who doesn't pay any attention to him is not that unique

2 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

@MinI'd love to meet as long as I'm fully recovered from the food poisoning I got on pride night...I'm guessing it was from bacteria in the ice of my drink.

Now THAT is something I'm definitely not enthusiastic about as it robbed me of romantic beach time with Grindr guy.

next time  just do what I do- drink beer straight from the bottle or have a shot of gin/whisky/ vodka / whatever.

Ice is nothing more than water and only dilutes taste of whatever you drink

3 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

@MinI'd love to meet as long as I'm fully recovered from the food poisoning I got on pride night...I'm guessing it was from bacteria in the ice of my drink.

Now THAT is something I'm definitely not enthusiastic about as it robbed me of romantic beach time with Grindr guy.

Sorry about that man. I hope Grindr guy knows how to nurture you back to health. Just lemme know when you are ready to meet up. I'm curious about your Grindr guy too. Could he be your Bangkok guy in Curtis' story?

6 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

They should do the way Vinapu did: chain-introduction: so the customer picks the first guy, who suggests his cousin, who suggests his roommate, who suggests his bar co-worker, and so on.  

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

I like that farang and boy sitting beside each other and both glued to their phone, strong romantic bond indeed

I sat in Sun bar last night and saw an elderly farang, who was with a boy, in the @home bar opposite. They didn't talk, didn't hold hand. Boy on the phone the whole time, and the customer just sat motionless, staring into infinity for a couple of hours. He didn't even "people-watching".

53 minutes ago, Min said:

I sat in Sun bar last night and saw an elderly farang, who was with a boy, in the @home bar opposite. They didn't talk, didn't hold hand. Boy on the phone the whole time, and the customer just sat motionless, staring into infinity for a couple of hours. He didn't even "people-watching".

may be it was his way of achieving moments of cheap happiness

Sometimes, the boy doesn't speak much English and the farang doesn't speak much Khmer, so conversation is difficult.   

Fortunately, well over half the time, the language skills do allow for quite a long conversation.   Usually because the boy studied some English at school and has since figured out learning some more English is useful for his earning potential and travelling outside his own country.     The farang has fewer incentives to learn Khmer, Lao, Vietnamese AND Thai, although some expats obviously learn the language of the country in which they reside.   

Then we have conversations like:

Farang:  What did you do today ?

Boy:   Nothing.