Newcomer999

Are there any "Gay" bars left in Bangkok?

Hey Guys I am new to this forum-

-Just visiting Bangkok for a few days after some years and the other night I went for a meal in Soi  No 4. Balcony Bar. It was busy and the food was good. Quite a few eye candy to look at- though most seemed to be already paired up .  My preference is slim cute guys who can bottom. So I decided I would go to a few bars and I started off with Jupiter:

Jupiter Bar

As I arrived at this place not ong after opening time I was the only customer and having waited to be served for some minutes a waitor come and basically shoved a drinks menu in front of me.It seemed I was doing him a great favor. Whilst i was waiting I could see some of the go-go boy muscled types who appeared to be on a surfeit of steroids.

I made my excuses and left. I had a few more drinks at Balcony and then continued.

I found myself in Patpong so I decided on-

Freshy or is it Fresh Boys-

This bar definitely had more my style but most of the cute ones were already occupied with a few customers who were monopolising the boys with drink parties. A couple of mama sans tried to persuade me to have a boy sit with me. The first MS was a kind of grosteque ladyboy type; the other mama san looked spaced out with bad breath. At least during my conversation with her or is it him she told me "all bottom boy go off already".

My drink was 350 baht.

Next-

Dreamboy

This was was quite busy , a lot of women customers  too. The majoirty of the boys looked like they had been recruited from local construction sites. Must of been about 30+ boys working. A waiter who I had known from years back told me the out of all the boys there only a couple could accomodate my preference. He pointed them out. Neither were suitable.

So I moved on.

I crossed the soi and went to :

Hotmail

This was the worst of the lot. A watered down drink was 400 baht. A show was in progress and all the performers were clearly straight boys. The main sitting area in the bar was dominated by a gaggle of females who were being entertained by the cock teasing "men". Male customers being ignored.

I actually asked one waiter was this bar for gays or for women. He tried to  say it was for gays but when I pointed out that most of the customers were women he just  gave me a blank look.

Enough was enough. I returned to my hotel which fortunately was nearby.

Can anyone here recommend  a supposedly gay go go bar that has more gays inside than straights???

Another member reported that Banana Boy Bar is open again (soi 4), when I last visited that gogo before Covid they had more of the cute slim type. I'm not entirely up to date on the type of boys and situation in that gogo at the moment though.

You should also try Fresh boys again earlier in the night and you might have better luck, sounds like you might have missed out on the full lineup.

Hopefully Lucky Boys will open again soon.

There seems to be a shortage of bars with a nice selection of skinny twinks in Bangkok.

In recent years, Fresh Boys has been the best bet.     Screw Boys used to be the next best after Fresh Boys, but I don't think it's reopened.    I don't bother with the other bars on your list, as the selection of guys is unsuitable.

In recent years, Fresh Boys would typically have a range of skinny twinks, in thin white underwear.  Which is very easy on the eye and exactly what I like to see in a gogo bar.

However, when I visited back in February, they had a rather disappointing selection of larger lads in jeans, so I didn't stay.    I had read reports of improvements in both the boy selection and the dress code since.  If they still don't have a decent selection of boys after showing up earlier the next night, try the phone apps.

The Fresh Boys mamasan problem can be solved by sending them away and selecting a boy yourself.   

I think you’d be better off on the apps. 

Bangkok is a great town and one of its assets is that it welcomes all comers into its bars, whether predominantly gay or predominantly straight.

And neither do they employ weight restrictions. You have just a good of chance of finding the overweight as you do the underweight. 

On the apps you can discriminate till you heart’s content.

• Members
1 hour ago, reader said:

I think you’d be better off on the apps. 

Bangkok is a great town and one of its assets is that it welcomes all comers into its bars, whether predominantly gay or predominantly straight.

And neither do they employ weight restrictions. You have just a good of chance of finding the overweight as you do the underweight. 

Ok, here is my Gridr profile:

Not looking for overweigh pigs, or skinny monkeys, or hairy bears, or girly men, or baby dicks, or shorties, or bald heads, or older men above 35 y.o.  Please send me your face pictures before you start the chat. Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, reader said:

I've yet to see anyone who doesn't discriminate when dating.   ie Would take any gender, any age, any body mass, any role, any body shape and so on.      There might be one or two among the 7.95 billion people on the planet, but I wouldn't count on it.

Then whether we like it or not, quite a few of the bars discriminate when they're selecting staff.   Jupiter, Moonlight etc all go for a certain type of lad and they don't seem to include skinny twinks among them.  I see no problem at all with that, as if all the big muscular lads are packaged up in such bars, they are easier to avoid.  

What is disappointing is the decline in the numbers of bars with skinny twinks.    If we end up with none, I'll just use the apps.

3 minutes ago, z909 said:

What is disappointing is the decline in the numbers of bars with skinny twinks.    If we end up with none, I'll just use the apps.

perhaps it's result of improving life standards and better, often too good, nutrition?

Pattaya seems to be better for your preferences, specially Jomtien Complex.

And as we know, disaster for one is blessing for other ( I like visiting bars with you as we are sure not to compete for the same guy)

1 hour ago, scott456 said:

Ok, here is my Gridr profile:

Not looking for overweigh pigs, or skinny monkeys, or hairy bears, or girly men, or baby dicks, or shorties, or bald heads, or older men above 35 y.o.  Please send me your face pictures before you start the chat. Thanks for reading.

That’s not your profile. It’s profile for those you don’t want to meet. Lol 😆 

21 minutes ago, z909 said:

What is disappointing is the decline in the numbers of bars with skinny twinks.  

Twinks, sure, but why do they have to be skinny? I think Vinapu’s right: improved nutrition is responsible for decline.

40 minutes ago, vinapu said:

perhaps it's result of improving life standards and better, often too good, nutrition?

Pattaya seems to be better for your preferences, specially Jomtien Complex.

Wrong type of nutrition  -too much sugar, to many carbs.   Often, almost no exercise.   Thankfully some stay in remarkably good shape.   (Must confess, my reading on the bathroom scales was a shock today)

Jomtien Complex certainly has lots of cute slim lads.    However, if we want to see cute slim lads packaged up in underwear, just as they are traditionally dressed in your favourite bars, then the choice is much more limited.    We have Winner Boys in Pattaya.    After that, we're left hoping for a reopening and return to form at Toy Boys (Pattaya) and Fresh Boys and Screw Boys (Bangkok).

15 minutes ago, reader said:

Twinks, sure, but why do they have to be skinny?

That's what I prefer.   

Some prefer the large muscular lads at Moonlight and we see very little dissent when people rave about that place, despite them excluding skinny types.

I and some others would rather see some gogo bars offering employment to smaller skinny types.   Then we have some diversity.

A slim skinny twink is my idea of perfection, in the same way that others see the Mr National Universe candidates as perfection.   However, I have some flexibility and enjoy spending time with other lads who carry a few more kg and have other endearing characteristics.    

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

And as we know, disaster for one is blessing for other ( I like visiting bars with you as we are sure not to compete for the same guy)

is why we'll never be able to hang out together, Paulsf told me that you and I have the same taste....not only in boys, but in sarcasm as well it seems  😝

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

is why we'll never be able to hang out together, Paulsf told me that you and I have the same taste....not only in boys, but in sarcasm as well it seems  😝

no need for prejudices  or preconceived notions.

First my comment to z909 you quoting  was not sarcastic at all.  We met several times, visited few bars together  and both of us know that we are not competing with each other. What he likes I don't, what I like z909 runs away from. It doesn't stop of having fun going to bar together if only to tell mamasans pushing for off to give that fake excuse " not today , I have boyfriend with me", nobody believes but message ' get lost ' is received with smile. ( If I go alone , I tell them " I like girls" with the same effect )

Second , if I'm able to hang out with spoon or 18past19 what makes you thinking we can't handle each other.

Third , I'm least competitive person you never met and can assure you that I will yield to you 11 times out of 10 so please , after you. Only exception will be if I tell you up front ' if we go to Sexy Boys bar and XYX will be there , he is mine "

So next time we are together on BKK or Pattaya don't be afraid  to hang together with almost invisible quiet church mouse Vinapu , of course if you wish. I already met 27 members over the years and did not bite anybody. Actually I think hunting for boys together is more fun. 

16 hours ago, z909 said:

A slim skinny twink is my idea of perfection, in the same way that others see the Mr National Universe candidates as perfection.   

It looks like we share the same taste :)

16 hours ago, z909 said:

enjoy spending time with other lads who carry a few more kg and have other endearing characteristics.    

Didn't you just call Vinapu as "other lads"?

23 hours ago, z909 said:

Wrong type of nutrition  -too much sugar, to many carbs.   Often, almost no exercise.   Thankfully some stay in remarkably good shape.   (Must confess, my reading on the bathroom scales was a shock today)

Jomtien Complex certainly has lots of cute slim lads.    However, if we want to see cute slim lads packaged up in underwear, just as they are traditionally dressed in your favourite bars, then the choice is much more limited.    We have Winner Boys in Pattaya.    After that, we're left hoping for a reopening and return to form at Toy Boys (Pattaya) and Fresh Boys and Screw Boys (Bangkok).

That's what I prefer.   

Some prefer the large muscular lads at Moonlight and we see very little dissent when people rave about that place, despite them excluding skinny types.

I and some others would rather see some gogo bars offering employment to smaller skinny types.   Then we have some diversity.

A slim skinny twink is my idea of perfection, in the same way that others see the Mr National Universe candidates as perfection.   However, I have some flexibility and enjoy spending time with other lads who carry a few more kg and have other endearing characteristics.    

Toy Boy is open - With new signage/name. But locations, staff, ect are all the same as before. 

On 6/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, vinapu said:

But let's be honest if somebody has to have bad luck in them  it's better you than me.

yes - 100% agree.  “whoremongering” (not my word, but captures the general pursuit here) can be analyzed in a statistical context

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

no , z909 called me "other endearing characteristics"

There are a very wide range of endearing characteristics.     Some characteristics make people of any age good company for a beer and others work well in the young lads I off from a bar.

3 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Toy Boy is open - With new signage/name. But locations, staff, ect are all the same as before. 

Have they got cute twinks in the traditional white underwear ?        I thought I'd read some reports suggesting otherwise, but hopefully they have resolved that by now.

I'm happy to pay 250 baht per drink, but only if the entertainment meets my expectations & is providing a superior experience to a host bar.