Olddaddy

Mike's taxi service

I can't find the thread now,but a few weeks ago I asked about transport to Pattaya and got quite a few answers regarding taxi services.

I chose Mike Taxi , and I used the Line app and always got a response immediately.

I told him/her my concerns and how I worry if the taxi doesn't arrive etc and how paranoid I am it's not going to be there etc and they respond immediately " I will make sure the driver meets you "

I think I have anxiety disorder so I tend to catasphrize ( if that's the right word) things that possible could happen eg the taxi doesn't meet me etc and I'm stuck at the airport.

So I emailed & line apped Mike's a few times before arriving so much that he responded to me " Is that you emailing me as well as on Line ?

I said yes ,I just want to make sure it arrives to meet me.

He responded " I will make sure ,no need to keep emailing me "

He obviously thought I was  paranoid  😂 he went quiet for awhile when I said the driver can spot me from my hot pink baseball cap, 🤣 after that he probably confirmef his suspicions I was some kind of nutter 😂

So here I was yesterday my plane arriving in Bangkok and I'm sitting there on the tarmac when a line message beeped from Mike's Taxi " I see your plane just arrived the driver is waiting for you "

I got off the plane quickly and walked fast the "several miles" to the arrivals got thru very quick,so glad I didn't buy the Fast track no need for it.

Waited like 15 minutes for the luggage to arrive and walked out to see my driver walking towards me, ( I told them I was wearing a hot  pink baseball cap,so that helps being spotted😁 Walking towards the carpark the driver suddenly stopped, " oh I forget they want me to tell them when I pick you up"

with that he started texting , I bet they may have asked him " Did you pick up that weirdo yet who sent me 50 emails ! 🤣🤣

approx 1 hour to Pattaya no traffic at that early morning time 

Im not sure if " Mike" is a farang owner or not but his contract drivers are excellent!

1200 baht all up ,great value but I gave him a tip too,he waited for my late arrival plane and didn't complain so he was a great driver ,can't remember his Thai name though, apparently he is a contract driver for Mike's and a few others, I didn't ask him if Mike was a farang perhaps.

Now you have to walk to the carpark with the driver, that didn't worry me as I'm quite fit , he offered to wheel my luggage but I declined .

I was surprised when he told me he gets customers who demand to smoke in his car, i don't smoke so I wasn't concerned but I'm shocked people can be so rude 

I recommend Mike's Taxi service , I don't know what kind of drivers you may get but it seems the management are very efficient 👍

11 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I think I have anxiety disorder so I tend to catasphrize ( if that's the right word) things that possible could happen eg the taxi doesn't meet me etc and I'm stuck at the airport.

you are not , there's bus from airport to Jomtien almost every hour not to mention normal tax from the rank will take you there.

In May while walking around Silom and Suriwong I was few times offered unsolicited taxi ride to Pattaya with 1200 quoted.