ichigo

My long-awaited and glorious return to Thailand

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

It's exactly why I prefer to fix financial issues before taking off from bar. Doesn't guarantee performance but at least joy killing haggling is avoided.

3000 for short time seems very  generous unless guy is built like  Adonis  and performs very enthusiastically in the room.

Clearly guys are trying to make up for the lost time

Yes I agree every side has its own expectations so it's better to negotiate the rates in advance to avoid unnecessary arguments later on.

Back to my first visits at the early 2000's it was a bit different I don't remember any negotiatiations with  boys they were happy to receive 1000-1500 BHT for ST and 1500-2000 LT and nobody complained but things changed since then living cost raised up and the Thai economy improved dramatically so boys demand much more now and closing fee in advance is a must nowadays.

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

It's exactly why I prefer to fix financial issues before taking off from bar. Doesn't guarantee performance but at least joy killing haggling is avoided.

I've tended not to negotiate before leaving a bar, on the basis the boys ought to know the going rate.    Perhaps I should review this.

But I do confirm prices on Grindr, on the presumption that some of them might be very much part time MBs & not really understand the market.

The most straightforward and reasonable experiences from the Bangkok gogo bars were when I was chatting to a lad on Grindr, who happened to be in his gogo bar.   So the price was agreed before I went into the bar

4 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Back to my first visits at the early 2000's it was a bit different I don't remember any negotiatiations with  boys they were happy to receive 1000-1500 BHT for ST and 1500-2000 LT and nobody complained but things changed since then living cost raised up and the Thai economy improved dramatically so boys demand much more now and closing fee in advance is a must nowadays.

Thai GDP per capita has gone from:

2000:    USD 2000  at  41 baht typical = 82000 baht = 224 baht per day

2020:   USD 7189   at 31 baht typical = 222859 baht = 610 baht per day

I would have thought that 1500 for short time would have been rather generous back in the early 2000s.

Even in 2022, in Bangkok 1500 is still a very commonly quoted price on the apps.   Less than 1500 in Pattaya & more like 2000 from the BKK gogo bars. 

1 hour ago, z909 said:

I would have thought that 1500 for short time would have been rather generous back in the early 2000s.

Even in 2022, in Bangkok 1500 is still a very commonly quoted price on the apps.   Less than 1500 in Pattaya & more like 2000 from the BKK gogo bars. 

on my first trip in 2001 I did not know difference between short and long time, read somewhere that tip ( for long time ) of 2000 is generous. So when offed guy from bar  to short time room in Suriwong hotel and gave him 2000 because I wanted to be generous , I remember his squeek of joy to this day, day or two later my eyes were opened when boy from BoysBangkok quoted me 1000.

Not that I was very active  on apps last trip but I can second your findings, out of 2 guys who actually found me on the apps one quoted 1300 another 1500 and one who happened to be my neighbor in hotel also wanted 1500 for not so short time from 3 am till morning.

2000 from bars seems to be what they quoted although some brave ones go to 2500 , whether they are keen on reducing , I did not test but I'm sure most of them will gladly.

Discretion in negotiation may be in order as in some bars it seems buys are asked to hold the line so they may say no and then whisper 'ok, ok" 

Disturbing trend I noticed is the better looking guys want up to 5000 for long time so prospective buyers better be mentally prepared to counteroffer and stand your ground.

Some boys will too though, when I said I only can spent 3000 because that's all I have at disposal for tonight one of guys told me that I can pay difference in dollars so I left empty handed, LOL but fortunately LINE provided me with so called V solution

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

day or two later my eyes were opened when boy from BoysBangkok quoted me 1000.

The Boys Bangkok bring back so many wonderful memories it was for me the best all time ever gogo bar in Thailand so many amazing boys to choose from and the best fucking shows I ever saw .

4 hours ago, z909 said:

would have thought that 1500 for short time would have been rather generous back in the early 2000s.

Yes you are right most boys were happy with 1000  ST only the star boys expect to receive more than that back then.

Thanks for all of the replies guys. 

Just regarding tip expectations, my last trip in 2019 I didn't discuss the tip beforehand with any of the guys and they were all happy with 2000 baht, which is why I didn't bother discussing the tip beforehand. I understand that inflation happens, and not being able to work for a while during the pandemic so I'm happy to go a little higher if required. I was in Freshboys last night and the mamasan actually told me to tip my guy 2000 baht. I think in future I will discreetly discuss the tip with the guy just so we are all on the same page. 

Will report on Freshboys later, and also wherever I decide to go tonight - I'm thinking hotmale as I haven't been there before, the new twilight or even dreamboys again as I liked the look of many of the guys there. On another note, I will be going to Chiang Mai on Monday and the flight has already been booked. Pretty excited as I have not been there yet.

23 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

@ichigoYou mentioned that you're not going to connect with everyone and I think that's important for many readers to learn.

Agreed. Not every experience will be perfect (well in my case anyway) but on the plus side, it is always nice to spend some sexy times with these handsome young men.

22 hours ago, vinapu said:

3000 for short time seems very  generous unless guy is built like  Adonis  and performs very enthusiastically in the room.

Agree - the better they make my experience, the more money I will give. They could be faking it for all I care but as long as it is believable and memorable, I don't mind too much!

12 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

Hi ichigo, I am also in the Tarntawan since 28th. If you have time to do a coffee and chat sometime, message me on terry6082@gmail.com

Will email you if I find myself at a loose end!

7 hours ago, ichigo said:

Will report on Freshboys later, and also wherever I decide to go tonight - I'm thinking hotmale as I haven't been there before, the new twilight or even dreamboys again as I liked the look of many of the guys there

I think you might find similar types in HotMale and DreamBoys. I loved the rough, straight, and well-built guys I saw there last night and liked the vibe way more than Jupiter or Moonlight. 

3 hours ago, a-447 said:

On my first visits in the early 2000s I was paying my regular guy, Jack, 3000 baht ST

At that time I was top only, as was he, but we still had a good time. If I met him today I'd willingly bend over for him.   lol

that was princely sum indeed at that time , hope he did not squander that money

world is small place and you may bump into him somewhere sometime

on my last trip I met accidentally few guys from the past I thought I'll never see again

14 minutes ago, ichigo said:

Hotmale: My first time here last night. The grabber hugged me on the way in and out as if he knew me, seems nice though. Quality selection of guys here, mostly muscly (but not Tawan muscly) and some twinks too.

Glad you went to check it out! They weren't joking about the hot part in Hot Male. I only wish they would learn a lesson from Boyz Boyz Boyz in Pattaya and make the show sexier and with a lot more guys participating. While I love the muscle at Tawan, Hot Male has a much higher quality of eye candy than I remembered from my previous trips.

Funny story about the eye candy part from last night. I was leaving my hotel to get dinner, and I saw a really good looking guy hanging out in the lobby. Based off the way he was dressed, I had a feeling he was an MB and maybe waiting for a client. 

Then, a couple hours later, when I went to Hot Male downstairs and was having a drink, I saw that same exact guy going up the stairs to go into the bar. No wonder he gave me a look of recognition because I must have seen him on stage two nights ago when I offed a guy from HotMale.

Actually, I am finding that the tout and older man mamasan in Hot Male are quite friendly and I get just an overall good vibe from the bar. Now I just need to find a way to let the Cambodian in the downstairs bar know that I'm not interested.

31 minutes ago, ichigo said:

G's Bangkok ...... and the owner circulates around and talks to the customers and at one point calling me a young boy - 

I wish I could say the same , even if I was dining there almost daily it never happened but at least he did not call me KFC

54 minutes ago, flashbarryallen said:

Now I just need to find a way to let the Cambodian in the downstairs bar know that I'm not interested.

That Cambodian is crazy about Caucasian males. Every time a farang customer walks by, he's literally salivating. 

49 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I wish I could say the same , even if I was dining there almost daily it never happened but at least he did not call me KFC

He might think it though