Min

Min's tidbits about my Thailand and Vietnam experiences

3 minutes ago, Min said:

So the one I thought was the manager is actually the owner, and Mena is the mamasan who often helped me with offing a boy (his name does strike some bell).

Mena is a good friend of mine and always steered me right. He would never deliberately not recommend a boy, but would simply say "I think you can do better" when it came to the ones that had bad feedback from customers. 

He also introduced me to a lot of Khmer guys in the club's that I would not have met through the bar... The good old days!

7 hours ago, Min said:

Feel free to ask whenever. I will repeat in this thread some tidbits I already shared about Viet MBs in various threads to make it easier for future references.

I would also be keen to learn from you about the scene in both Hanoi and HCMC, but I  would suggest that the threads - separate threads by city or type of services - be in the Gay Vietnam forum so that they will be easier to find in future and be more useful to members.

41 minutes ago, spoon said:

What club? Am i missing something? I want a lot of khmer guys too lol

Still Toy Boys, if I follow it correctly.    

There are plenty of Khmer guys in Pattaya, particularly on Grindr and in Jomtien Complex, including Home Bar & others.

7 hours ago, colmx said:

NAB (when it was still open), Dragon, Sinlapin Issan and the early morning after hours joints like Version (or what ever was in fashion at the time)

I once offed a boy from Power Boy in Sunee. He was 19 years old at that time, tall (more than 1m80), lean and smooth, playing basketball in high school, so basically model materials if he gym-trained right. A couple of years later, I ran into him on Hornet. He moved to NAB but told me NAB charged a lot for both bar fine and boy fee (a few thousands each, if memory serves) so don't go there. Just contact him directly if I want to off him again.

Thank you for taking to share the story of the boy’s life as he related it to you. There are many things that did not surprise me but one that made me angry. That the guy’s bf thought he was entitled to manipulate him into bottoming simply to satisfy his own needs I find despicable. There are so many great moments the guys we meet can provide as long as we treat them with respect.

I take the guys as they are because that how they take me. 

5 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I know the feeling. I have offed dancers from bar and I asked them to dance in hotel room for me!

Wow, I really should try this :)

5 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Glad to read about this Pattaya guy. I think you are a really good listener @Min and I believe your patience and empathy led Pattaya guy to tell you everything!

I do like listening to people's stories as long as they are willing to share. 

19 hours ago, Min said:

my boy quota for the day was met.

He concluded his story, saying with regret: I used to have a lot of money, but I didn't save. Now I learned how to save but I don't have much anymore.

I did not even know there's such thing " boy quota for a day" but actually makes sense specially for financial loose cannons

Second problem is typical of boys and I don't blame them , who was supposed to teach them money management? parents living hand to mouth ?

I don't care much how they spent their money but must admit when one of boys I met and remunerated very generously admitted to having recent 13000 baht nose improvement and looked at me like at an idiot when I told him he can take bus to Pattaya instead of taxi  I was bit upset witch such frivolousness.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Second problem is typical of boys and I don't blame them , who was supposed to teach them money management? parents living hand to mouth ?

They would all have to learn it the hard way I guess but better late than never.

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

I don't care much how they spent their money but must admit when one of boys I met and remunerated very generously admitted to having recent 13000 baht nose improvement and looked at me like at an idiot when I told him he can take bus to Pattaya instead of taxi  I was bit upset witch such frivolousness.

I've also seen boys waste money.  Such as: Botox, taking taxis everywhere and buying a ridiculous number of bags. 

I've also seen careful ones.  Such as the one who used to walk straight from my room to the bank and deposit the first 1000 of his tip there.  There are others who get an awful lot of use out of their few sets of clothing, which I approve of.

As for money management, whilst being taught that helps, you don't have to learn it from parents.   There are quite a few very rich people who come from poor families (Lord Sugar etc).  

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

I was fascinated by vinapu's story. Some falangs develop a sense of ownership which is overpowering, and in the case of long-distance relationships, completely counter-productive...and ultimately destructive.

that was Min's  story,  not mine

3 hours ago, z909 said:

I've also seen careful ones.  Such as the one who used to walk straight from my room to the bank and deposit the first 1000 of his tip there.

Very sensible! I reckon he has saved enough to start a small business by now!

I recall visiting a Sunee bar on one of my first trips to Thailand many years ago. I really enjoyed spending time with one of the boys in the bar and his cute friend. I tipped them overly generously - I still recall how shocked he was by how much money I gave him at the end of the evening. When I went back the next day one was sporting an enormous knock off wristwatch that seemed to already be broken. His friend gave him quite a ribbing over it. I remember thinking it was a pretty dumb thing to waste his money on. But they were quite young, and as said they certainly didn't have any kind of money management skills. I think it's a society-wide issue though in many ways. Everyone trying to impress others with money and living beyond their means. 

These days apparently a lot of younger people in America have fallen into debt thanks to all of these online shopping apps that have "buy now, pay later" credit. Buy this t-shirt for $60 and pay it off in 6 months sort of thing.

9 hours ago, Min said:

Some do look like they just murdered some customer somewhere and then came back here to murder some more. I know a certain member in this forum would be in heaven if he were in my shoes, so I discreetly tag him @vinapu.

You got it right!!!

next time I'm in Phnom Penh I know where my first steps will be.

Thank you for very informative  and time consuming to prepare ( I know a thing or two about that) report from PP

I like guy in white shirt and knee revealing jeans sitting with the girl in 4part picture above