Min

Min's tidbits about my Thailand and Vietnam experiences

On 7/11/2022 at 12:02 AM, a-447 said:

I also had some fun times at Natureboys so I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening there these days. 

I presume Super A has also gone.

It looks like someone else took over Super A pre-Covid's location and it's now a different business the last time I checked.

I walked past Nature Boys many times (on my way to the nearby market and/or New Twilight) and can sense that there are some activities going on behind their thick door curtains. But never have had the courage to enter (I feel like it's too small and thus too intimate for first-time visitors like me)

31 minutes ago, Min said:

But never have had the courage to enter (I feel like it's too small and thus too intimate for first-time visitors like me)

I try to be bold regarding entering bars, but am also prepared to immediately walk back out of the bar if it's not to my liking.

About 10 years ago, Nature Boys used to be quite interesting with the lads wearing little aprons and some of them were quite cute.   I'm glad I didn't miss that.

In more recent years, the aprons have been replaced by underwear and the selection of lads is less to my taste.

I visited NB one time. It's so small inside. I was the only customer. So there was no need to feel self-conscious. I think there were three boys working. It was an interesting experience but I didn't find any of the guys especially attractive so I didn't go back.

2 hours ago, Min said:

So if you really like a cute but unwilling boy, just try to get him into bed first. Then with patience, temptation of extra tip and the psychological power of situation, we and he himself would never know what he's capable of doing. Like that time a boy moved to French kiss me when he was about to cum, his first man-to-man kiss ever, as he later admitted, blushingly , and that he didn't think it could be so hot.

Outside go-go bars, there are now quite a few Viet boys who work freelance on the app in Bangkok. They are mostly gay, from the south (read: more open- and business-minded), taking good care of their appearance, willing to do many things in bed sometimes for less (they still earn more than what they normally make at home though). I frequently ran into some of those southern boys in Silom road (their favorite spot is the the bus stop located between Patpong 1 and Silom Soi 6), who openly solicited in the street with "massage offers".

Thank you for your perspective on the Viet boys.

If I find a cute but unwilling boy, I simply move onto a cute but willing boy.     If I'm committing to tip someone, then he needs to commit to certain levels of service in return.

However, the freelancers are a far more interesting prospect.    I need to keep my eyes open more. 

10 hours ago, Min said:

One thing I certainly have problems with is the increasing number of straight MBs, who appear to use "being man" as an excuse for doing next to nothing in bed. I understand if they are unwilling about being f*ck, but no sucking and no kissing?

I agree with you here. I'm the kind of person that is adaptable and flexible to the situation presented to me, however when they don't even touch you it gets old pretty quick. I respect their boundaries though and would never force anything they are not comfortable with, so for me I think I probably need to be a little more pickier in my selection so that all parties are satisfied.

5 hours ago, a-447 said:

Similarly,  I learnt how to bottom so that now I have doubled the number of guys I can have fun with. Top or bottom, it no longer matters. If he's attractive, I'll take him!

Yes! Being versatile definitely opens more options.

17 hours ago, a-447 said:

Straight guys who refuse to do anything in bed because "I am man" are not uncommon.

I know. It's just that nowadays if I want someone who can bottom in a bar, mamasans automatically search for gay boys.

19 hours ago, z909 said:

If I find a cute but unwilling boy, I simply move onto a cute but willing boy.     If I'm committing to tip someone, then he needs to commit to certain levels of service in return.

15 hours ago, Lucky said:

If a guy is unwilling, I move on. I don't see an alternative.

Usually, I don't waste my time on unwilling cases either. Unless the boy was so cute, to the point that I was willing to pay just to see him naked :) I guess, my tip may not make sense to some people in the same way stories of other members here chasing after non-MB straight guys (which is IMHO even more hopeless) do to me. They probably get some thrills out of the process, regardless of the result, but I just don't get it.

11 hours ago, floridarob said:

Happens to us too because of wrong or delayed decisions....🤔

We find boy A in bar X very cute and offable. Then we move to bar Y and see that boy B is also desirable. We go back and forth in our head, thinking boy A appears a bit better, so we return to bar X only to find that he's taken. Then we hurry back to bar Y... You probably know where I'm heading with this right ;)

I absolutely love your trip reports, especially all the small details you share.  

The reviews of the guys at Moonlight sound spot-on.  I think they need to do a hard-reset on their models -- almost like the old studio system where whey plucked talent from obscurity and groomed them to be stars.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:25 PM, reader said:

Personally, I'd hope it adopts the Lucky Boys approach. It has the stage and lighting to put on the same type of floor show entertainment along with the ever-popular rotation of 30-40 guys representing a cross section of ASEAN. I really miss that place.

One of the reasons why Lucky Boys boasted a large daily rotation of boys was probably every boy showing up for work before a certain time cutoff received a daily allowance from the bar (7h30 pm and 300 if memory serves). Most Viet boys working there, from what I heard, did not bother (like that money was just a pittance to them).

On 7/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, reader said:

The problem Twilight has at the moment appears to be indecision: does it want to be another Jupiter or Moonlight or does it wish its own, unique identity which so far doesn't seem to be catching on all that well.

They could apply some common sense.

One board member here reported that prospective customers were looking inside the bar and turning around & leaving.  So they could position someone by the door to ask those people (i) what they don't like about the bar  and (ii) what they look for in a bar.

Then if they are struggling, they could try a few variations in their offering and monitor the results. 

If I was a bar owner, I'd want to know why a prospective customers walked out without making a purchase. Maybe it's something I can't do anything about (i.e, too crowded). But it's more likely it's something I can.

I've posted in the past about the idea of bars experimenting with promotions from mid-week beer specials, half-price off fees, 2-for-1 drink nights. The idea would be to get more people in the door than the other bars. In short, becoming competitive. But I don't think that's ever going to catch on in Bangkok. The attitude seems to be customers come or they don't. Mai pen rai.

3 hours ago, Min said:

I was back to Bangkok last night. Saw three Viet freelancers around 10 pm near the bus stop and in vicinity of Bangkok Christian Hospital (they were usually there much earlier). Also saw all three of them on Grindr.

Thank you for posting this.   I must be more observant when walking past the BCH and also make sure I'm on this side of the road.

Waiting to catch a bus looks more tempting than visiting New Twilight bar, since at least the bus stop boys wear shorts and we're not going to get deafened by the music.

Although the orgy didn't turn out to be what you originally had in mind, it had a quality about it that seemed to fall somewhere between rodeo and whimsy. I think you still managed to have some fun while making the others happy they met you.