RockHardNYC

Good Luck to You, Leo Grande

• Members

Don't be put off by the awful title of this film. This is one of the best movies about sex workers to come in a long while.

Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack are brilliant actors with oodles of chemistry. The script by Katy Brand is superb. Sophie Hyde's direction is what gets movies awarded. It's a simple movie that's deep and complex. There is something here for every adult to chomp on, especially those among us who struggle to find sexual happiness and fulfillment.

Sadly, it's only available on Hulu at the moment. If and when you get a chance to see it, run. It's fabulous. And, yes, Daryl McCormack is quite delicious naked.

• Members

It’s on Amazon Prime, in Canada anyway, included in the annual subscription. I just downloaded it. I don’t think we get Hulu up here but certain Hulu productions land in Prime or sometimes our Crave channels, which seem conjoined to HBO and Starz. I’ll never sort it out. But if I want to search a production up here I use an app called JustWatch; it seems to automatically outline production access for Canada specifically. 

• Members

Oh I really liked this film, and could relate to some of it experientially, obviously on the ‘nancy’ side of things and in terms of navigating boundaries, not really client repression. Can’t say much more without plot-spoiling.

I must catch up with Peaky Blinders where DM is listed in the cast of Seasons 5 & 6. I think I left off at the end of 2 or 3, will have to look at the episode synopses to determine where to jump back in. 

• Members
1 hour ago, xpaulo said:

You may have since seen him in the series Bad Sisters, where he plays an endearingly hot insurance agent.

Yes I did by the way, immediately when it debuted. That was a good series. I pretty much keep up with most well reviewed offerings on Apple, Netflix, Prime, and Disney, even CBC Gem for Harlots and Great British Baking. Have yet to return to finish later Peaky Blinders seasons, though. 

He is starring with Ruth Wilson in the series The Woman in the Wall but I am not about to subscribe to Paramount, yet anyway. Maybe when there is a bigger payload to make it worth it. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, xpaulo said:

I sort of felt the last season of Peaky Blinders was, "okay, lets just get this over with."

I’m in the habit of setting Netflix at 1.5X speed, except for savouring Jacqueline Novak’s stand-up. 

12 minutes ago, Riobard said:

That was a good series.

Ha, ha, I kept watching it mainly just for him. And then when I saw Leo Grande some months later, I was like, OMG, OMG, that's that guy... and he's naked... it was like Christmas morning and Halloween combined in terms of excitement.