Travellerdave

Back in Pattaya after 2 years and 4 months

A good start; I'm happy for you!

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who panics when confronted by a phones. Fortunately, I have my personal Technology Advisor who, among other attributes, is able to transform tablet, phone and computer with a couple of touches. And a twinkle in his eye which some would interpret as pity.

If I were still in the game, I'd go to Winners; sounds my type of place. And reminiscent of the bars  that drove to me to early retirement in 1998. As for the disappointing performance; mai pen rai....it's an occupational hazard. The next ones will  be better. Though I do recall that a communication failure can lead to other failures in the bedroom.

5 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

...  his English was negligible and a rather unsatisfactory experience resulted. The preliminaries were fine but when it came to pénétration things came to a grinding halt with him stating - “I sorry -‘cannot’ . Oh well I thought you can’t win them all so he got minimum tip and I changed mode and read a book for an hour or so before sleep.

I suspect negligible English is often deliberate, as saying they will not do certain things will not lead to an off, whereas pretending they don't understand often gets an off.

The most obvious example I had was in Siem Reap, where a lad was struggling to communicate on Grindr, but I overlooked this and invited him to my hotel.  He turned up, speaking fluent English and declared he was studying English at University.    Of course, he was a dud.

These days, if a lad doesn't speak enough English to discuss the basics of his trade, I'm inclined to look for another one.   The majority do have sufficient English.  

Good to hear that Winner Boys has correctly attired staff.   Some bars maintain standards.

8 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Yes Winner was certainly thriving last night when I was there at 10pm with around 10 boys still there - 2 or 3 outside sat at tables with customers and the rest taking it in turns to dance or with the 3 customers including myself. Drinks are inexpensive and the music volume is reasonable. Boys were all in briefs apart from one in a g-string. It’s an Oasis in the mIddle of a ghost town. The owner certainly has got the formula right, but then it always used to be right in days gone by. Sunee’s decline could be judged by the motor bike taxi driver I engaged on second road not knowing where it was situated - I had to direct him. When I told him to stop at the entrance  he looked down the dark deserted Soi appeared worried and said “sure ?”

If Winner bar has a viable business model, they really should get out of Sunee; the dreariness of the neighbourhood will put a ceiling to their customer traffic and revenue. There must be plenty of vacant shoplots, if not in the Boyztown soi, then in the adjacent sois, e.g. where A-bomb is. That said, the Boyztown area will not have the al fresco space that the Sunee area has, but some shoplots have balconies.

The pity is that the Jomtien Complex does not allow gogo bars.

7 hours ago, Vessey said:

Actually I disagree with that for the simple reason that Sunee is exactly a dark and out-of-the-way sort of place.

In Winner Boys it is still possible to have discrete, but 'very intimate' conversations with the boys; dark corners for dark deeds, so to speak, and even occasionally with 'happy' conclusions to those conversations. Not as 'in-your-face' as the more openly 'hands-on' that you get in Nice Boys, but still a level of customer/boy 'intimacy' that you never see in Jomtien Complex, or in Boyztown now for that matter.

Not to mention the rent should be much cheaper than the other places.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:30 AM, Travellerdave said:

My evening campaign was largely focussed on Winner Boy Bar, where at 10 pm the boys were still dancing in briefs inside. Selecting a  cute one I tried to describe what my expectations were but his English was negligible and a rather unsatisfactory experience resulted. The preliminaries were fine but when it came to pénétration things came to a grinding halt with him stating - “I sorry -‘cannot’ . Oh well I thought you can’t win them all so he got minimum tip and I changed mode and read a book for an hour or so before sleep.

Did you off the tall boy wearing dark blue shorts and sleeveless T-shirt? (He was the only one not in underwear, kinda cute but with attitude)

No it was not him I offed, in fact I cannot remember seeing that tall boy you refer to at all. My off wore standard white briefs, but he had two rather large dangling earrings. Prior to calling him down from,the stage I had also cuddled a boy in white briefs with a large front label stating “BMW” . I amused myself by speculating if he was sponsored by the motor company/.

Were you in Winner Wednesday night or perhaps you spotted the tall boy on another occasion ?.

8 hours ago, Min said:

Did you off the tall boy wearing dark blue shorts and sleeveless T-shirt? (He was the only one not in underwear, kinda cute but with attitude)

45 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

walking back to Pattaya

I’ve done the walk from Jomtien back to Pattaya (and the reverse direction) and it is tiring! Especially in the heat and humidity. I was wrecked. But how nice it must be to be slim and lean without exercising! So jealous..

I regularly walk between Jomtien & South Pattaya, although usually after 4:00 pm, when there is more shade.    I did once bump into a Lao friend walking the same route, but he's an exception.

A more typical daytime walk might be up to North Pattaya and back, as this route can be arranged to benefit from more shade of buildings.    Naturally, I would stop off for a coffee en route.

One of the reasons the boys are slim and lean is because those are the ones we select.   In my case they are often from Cambodia and Laos & they haven't been in a rice field for years, if ever.   Some of these haven't even been home since the Covid pandemic started.

I think eating and drinking sensibly has a lot to do with it. 

When I meet one who isn't particularly slim and is describing himself as pompui, I of course try to reassure him that he isn't.  Whilst also suggesting that rather than pay for a gym membership which he isn't using, he might start by giving up all those sugary drinks.  

10 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Thai boys don't like to walk at all even very short walks they will take some kind of transportation. They also don't like explosion to sun and sitting in the beach isn't attractive thing .

you are right , I had them asking for taxi on such short distances like Moonlight to Tarntawan or  Tawan to Chong Nonsi BTS.

On another hand I once took 30 seconds trip on motorsai taxi from Senso to Silom but it was for fun, he just stopped there to unload somebody and I asked

" how much to Silom ?" , 20, ok

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

you are right , I had them asking for taxi on such short distances like Moonlight to Tarntawan or  Tawan to Chong Nonsi BTS.

On another hand I once took 30 seconds trip on motorsai taxi from Senso to Silom but it was for fun, he just stopped there to unload somebody and I asked

" how much to Silom ?" , 20, ok

You probably broke all time Thai record for the shortest motorsai ever made :pardon:

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

is life worth living without those?

Life is far better without sugar added to everything.   

As far as I can see, the only useful purpose for sugar is for fermenting into alcohol.    In this case, it's still unhealthy, but there is some pleasure as compensation.