TotallyOz

Help me map out the best time to visit Gay GoGo Bars in Bangkok

I want to visit the main GoGo Bars in Bangkok (not Tawan) but I want to miss all the damn shows. I can start fairly early as I just want to see the guys on stage. I don't mind going to all the bars in one night and don't care how long I stay as long as I see them on stage. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I want to visit the main GoGo Bars in Bangkok (not Tawan) but I want to miss all the damn shows.

Someone else with similar objectives 😀

As far as I can tell, the show time varies according to the bar, so some on the ground research is needed to safely avoid the show.   

Quite a few years ago, when I first went to Thailand, I was going into bars at about 8:30 pm, in order to get the first pick of the boys.   At that time, this worked.

However, earlier in 2022, despite the 11:00 pm closing at that time, some bars had hardly any staff on stage just after 9:00pm.   In some cases, I saw what looked like gogo boys on the way to their bar. 

Jason's more recent experience seems to confirm this. 

My recommendation.

1) Skip Jupiter. Hardly any smiles from guys and not cheap to off them. But it's fun to start with a drink at Circus or Telephone and people watch at 9pm.

2) Check out Banana Bar at Soi 4 at 9.30pm.

3) Leave at 10pm to go to Soi Patpong and visit Freshboys, HotMale and Dreamboys.

4) Go to Moonlight at 11.30pm after their model show has ended.

If along the way, you see any guy you are keen to off, talk to him. If guy is ok with your arrangement, take him back to room and forget about the other bars!

while Jason's recommendation are sensible and workable my advice will be don't let and prejudices to cloud your judgement and visit all bars, Tawan and Jupiter included and don't forget about New Twilight where you can have buys on display as early as 9 pm. that's advice I'm always giving to myself as well

If I , sworn hunk lover can find interesting guys in twink kingdoms of Fresh Boys or HotMale downstairs and even off some from time to time  what makes you thinking  any bar is out of bounds for you. 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

If I , sworn hunk lover can find interesting guys in twink kingdoms of Fresh Boys or HotMale downstairs and even off some from time to time  what makes you thinking  any bar is out of bounds for you.

On the one hand, I'm impressed by your diverse selection.

On the other hand, I'm wondering about calibration differences and where your twinks might fit on my rating scale.  

On 6/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, TotallyOz said:

I want to visit the main GoGo Bars in Bangkok (not Tawan) but I want to miss all the damn shows. I can start fairly early as I just want to see the guys on stage. I don't mind going to all the bars in one night and don't care how long I stay as long as I see them on stage. Any suggestions?

Did you manage to visit all the bars and see the guys on stage?