12is12

Hotels in Laureles, Medellin?

• Members

I have stayed at Laureles Factory Lofts on the Circular 1 which are a nice, open concepts room with basic kitchen in the room. New building and clean, operated by Caracol Investment group 

Laureles Factory Lofts  6C Cra 69  Medellin, Antioquia

The largest hotel on La Setenta is Hotel Dorado La Setenta 7C26CP Medellin, Antioquia and there are at least a dozen hotels along Circular 5 on either side of La Sententa. Most will be small hotels (under 30 rooms) with a small breakfast room and sundeck.  It is normal to include breakfast with your stay at all Colombian hotels, and many of them put out a massive morning spread of food each day.

There are several nice Airbnb apartments in Laureles. Example: San Peter Apartments near Ave San Juan (which will take you right to Centro) and almost on Carrera 70, the main/busy "going out" street in Laureles with bars. restaurants etc. The area is considered safe.

Thank u both.

It seems there r different interpretations regarding the 'borders' of Laureles....

I prefer a hotel with breakfast, so I guess Dorado 70 is optimal. Its also quite north, which means closer to the metro. 

OTOH, if I undrstnd correctly, its farthest from most attractions, including Sillon.

Is the triangle - Dorado 70, sillon, primer parque laureles - walkable at night ?

• Members
On 6/26/2022 at 3:10 PM, 12is12 said:

Is the triangle - Dorado 70, sillon, primer parque laureles - walkable at night ?

Yes, absolutely. La Setenta (Carrera 70) is the heartbeat of Laureles and is loaded with bars, restaurants, vendors and pretty much everything you expect in a Latin American city. At the end of the La Sententa is the Giradot stadium which the two major Medellin fútbol clubs call home. It is also the finishing spot for the parade of Silleteros during the Fiesta de las flores in August.  You willl find that La Setenta is busy all of the time, but on weekends it is packed with people looking to get out and socialize. As a result, there is always a police presence on this street.

Walking in Laureles at night is very safe in the zone you described.  Be certain to take a GPS enabled phone if you are walking down to Sillón Rojo from Laureles, as the street change from the circles (Circular) to the grid pattern below the Universidad Pontificía. You need to navigate across the Diagonal 66B to Avenida 33 which can be tricky as both are very busy traffic thoroughfares.

I have always understood Avenida 33 to be the north-south border between Laureles and Belén barrio. There are several gay bars along this avenue between Carrera 78 and 80 (Purple, Happy, and Rainbow).   Sillón Rojo sits very close to the intersection of Avenida 33 and Carrera 65, however it is located on the south side of the Avenida 33 where all of the moto shops are located, not on the North side as shown on Google maps, so grab a picture from the web and maybe have them on WhatsApp just in case they need to send someone to find you (crazy, but I have seen them do this). There is also a special Uber service some nights for pick up and drop off at the club so maybe check ahead before you go.

I thought this article was pretty good to describe the different neighborhoods....

On 6/26/2022 at 3:10 PM, 12is12 said:

It seems there r different interpretations regarding the 'borders' of Laureles....

https://www.theunconventionalroute.com/best-neighborhoods-in-medellin/

c08a52f0-8098-4e16-ba5d-d62070c14a95.thumb.jpg.35ce80e67ba2e0f258bd4a5eac14af1e.jpg

On 6/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, macdaddi said:

I have stayed at Laureles Factory Lofts on the Circular 1 which are a nice, open concepts room with basic kitchen in the room. New building and clean, operated by Caracol Investment group 

Laureles Factory Lofts  6C Cra 69  Medellin, Antioquia

The largest hotel on La Setenta is Hotel Dorado La Setenta 7C26CP Medellin, Antioquia and there are at least a dozen hotels along Circular 5 on either side of La Sententa. Most will be small hotels (under 30 rooms) with a small breakfast room and sundeck.  It is normal to include breakfast with your stay at all Colombian hotels, and many of them put out a massive morning spread of food each day.

I was looking at Laureles Factory lofts. I see they have security. Did you have any problem bringing guys home?

• Members
7 hours ago, joizy said:

I was looking at Laureles Factory lofts. I see they have security. Did you have any problem bringing guys home?

No problem.. You will need to register the guest with the reception and return together when he exits (guest cannot leave until they confirm your wellbeing).

No first hand experience, but most likely not (in particular if you booked a room for two).

During my recent visit to Pereira I stayed at hotel in the city centre (nothing fancy) where it was published at the reception that any guest going to the room - for more than 15min ;) would be charged 25,000 COB (and indeed it was!)