TotallyOz

Odd Question from Guy Wanting Laos Boy LINE ID

There are wierdos all over the internet. 

Unless it's obvious that consent would be given, I never pass contact details of people on without asking them first. 

28 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

Whether he has zero posts or 1000 posts, I would not give out any information about anyone without permission from the person he's asking about.

If you have the massage guy's LINE ID, you could contact him, tell him the new poster's LINE ID, or whatever contact information you have for him, and leave it up to the massage guy  whether to contact him or not.

I'd say either that or just forget the whole thing.

What makes this person think you have the massage guy's LINE ID in the first place?

In a post about massage boys at Silom Spa, I mentioned I was in contact with him.

But, to answer  your question, I never give out contact info for anyone. I just find odd that someone I don't know and been here less than a month would ask.

Now, Gaybutton, I know you. I have met you. If you asked me for someone's LINE, I would reach out to them to see if it is OK. But, then follow their directions. However, in 20 years, I have not had this happen more than a few times. I think he is reaching out to many via PM's and I just wanted to give a heads up to all.

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I just find odd that someone I don't know and been here less than a month would ask.

I find nothing odd with such request, it's why people are joining , hoping to get information about this or that but Gaybutton is right, whether somebody has 0 or 1000 posts we should obtain consent first

Its probably the spillover from the fiasco from Latin forum. Apparently there is a troll that has been asking GP contact and went on to harrass the GP using your name as the friend... That troll has been registering new account multiple times after being caught. @Slvkguy @Latbear4blk and @SolaceSoul has been in a crusade to catch these trolls hahaha. I find it amusing but if i were in their shoes, id be fuming mad too. That guy has been unsuccessful in Latin forum, and now is trying to infect thailand forum as well it seems.

Im not too sure how, but if Moderator/admin/owner of the website can verify members IP, maybe it can finally shed light to whether its really same person trolling or not. But then again, this could be easily masked too.

52 minutes ago, spoon said:

Its probably the spillover from the fiasco from Latin forum. Apparently there is a troll that has been asking GP contact and went on to harrass the GP using your name as the friend... That troll has been registering new account multiple times after being caught. @Slvkguy @Latbear4blk and @SolaceSoul has been in a crusade to catch these trolls hahaha. I find it amusing but if i were in their shoes, id be fuming mad too. That guy has been unsuccessful in Latin forum, and now is trying to infect thailand forum as well it seems.

Im not too sure how, but if Moderator/admin/owner of the website can verify members IP, maybe it can finally shed light to whether its really same person trolling or not. But then again, this could be easily masked too.

It is not the same IP. I checked that first.

6 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Good, then its just a curious newbie who wants "guaranteed" fun with tried and tested masseur? But i agree, unless the information u had is already on public sites like rentmen, itll be weird to share it with a total strangers. I hope it will not become a trend. 

1 hour ago, spoon said:

Its probably the spillover from the fiasco from Latin forum. Apparently there is a troll that has been asking GP contact and went on to harrass the GP using your name as the friend

just to clarify - my issue with the trolls (for lack of a better word) in these forums is less than 60 days old.  It all started on April 30 when I was leaving São Paulo.  I was getting multiple PMs from @iveryhotijake00 asking for specific sex-worker contact information & that’s when I began to see a pattern in how trolls use this forum. 

There are two types of “trolls” - the first is the ones looking for contact information to harass the sex-workers.  The second type is just going for attention & to create controversy & drama within the forum.

The main area of interest for most users of this forum is hiring guys while traveling  & everything related to that.  When a new member comes here & stirs up a lot of drama - and says he doesn’t hire guys then you have to wonder why he’s even here ???  Also - the personal insults are a giveaway when interacting w a troll.

And - to clarify: there are 3 different screen-names that appear to be the same person. And that’s all in the last 60 days.  So, this hasn’t been a topic I’ve posted on before April 30 this year.

For whatever reason - it’s played like a con-game w the trolls.  Meaning they come on here and try to establish some legitimacy w some generic posts, then move into asking for specific referrals via PMs.  They also come on and publicly ask for information about a destination that is extensively covered here in the hopes someone will engage via PM for the information they want.  Even more puzzling - they come on here while they’re supposedly in some city and start asking for basics about that city.  When I was a first time visitor in SP recently, it never occurred to me to come here and ask questions - since I was in SP and could easily get information from any local.  That’s kind of basic, right ?

These trolls are very determined and clever. I wouldn’t doubt they have VPN to mask their IPs.  Just don’t fall for giving them any contact information.  

BC9AF579-949A-4B35-A996-67C2E37AD7EF.jpeg

938B6CD2-FB7E-4E9C-9C60-8AC6F298EF93.png

Most of us know you give nothing you shouldn't to unknown people on the internet. 

That's all we need to know and then there is nothing to worry about.

Also, since such matters have already been discussed at length in other sections of this site, we don't need a repeat here.

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Damn, Vinapu. I am sorry. This cute twink asked me for your number and I just gave it to him. :) Is consent implied if they are cute?

Oh, that's you ! Neither cute nor twink but indeed I got a message on Line this morning asking if I can help with rent payment .

1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

Thank you for confirming. I've been accused by the three trolls mentioned here of being someone else. I have never been to Brazil and have no intention of going to Brazil, so I don't really care about GP contacts (I didn't even know what I GP was until I started reading this forum). I think the accusations that are being made against me are slanderous and need to be stopped. I have been contributing to the Thailand forum because there were questions asked that I knew the answers to (question about a hotel I've used for years). The ganging up that I've been experiencing here is far worse than any bullying I ever experienced from straight people for being gay. It is especially disturbing because it's gay Pride month. This is the way gay men treat each other?

I think the intent is to drive me off of this forum, for whatever reason. I just don't understand it.

I have never asked for contact information for anyone, anywhere. If anyone is accusing me of that, then they'd better bring some receipts, otherwise, it is delusional slander.

7 minutes ago, z909 said:

Such matters have already been discussed at length in other sections of this site.

It seems that one or two people had a bad experience with someone getting contact information and then harassing people. That certainly is behavior that needs to be condemned. But when those people then accuse newcomers of having the same intent, or accusing newcomers of being those people, it's problematic. The paranoia then takes over, and this forum becomes toxic.

16 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Oh, that's you ! Neither cute nor twink but indeed I got a message on Line this morning asking if I can help with rent payment .

This is more like a topic for the Gay Thailand section🙂.   

12 minutes ago, joizy said:

It seems that one or two people had a bad experience with someone getting contact information and then harassing people

wrong.  

after I started posting about my experience about 60 days ago - several other long term members posted about their harassment from trolls from this forum.  One guy had to delete his IG bc of troll harassment. Another had online trolls slandering him among his contacts in Santo Domingo.  There are many stories from many different members. I’ve had several PMs from members w similar stories. 

yeah - I agree.  The subject is beat to death.  

It would be great if this forum was for people who want to use it as intended & contribute accordingly.  But, as this is an online anonymous message board with paid sex as main subject matter - the nutjobs will always be here. 

Don’t do the things trolls do & you won’t be accused of being a troll.  Really simple.  

3 hours ago, spoon said:

Since I'm "that guy" I would like you to back up your claim that I'm trying to "infect the Thailand forum as well". I answered a question there. Is that your idea of "infecting" a forum? Seriously, what is wrong with you guys?

The three crusaders you mentioned have been harassing me since I joined a week ago. Apparently, they think I'm someone else who was someone else who was someone else. As TotallyOZ has confirmed, I am not whoever they are claiming I am. Now, can you please leave me alone?

3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Damn, Vinapu. I am sorry. This cute twink asked me for your number and I just gave it to him. :) Is consent implied if they are cute?

Did someone mention cute twinks?

Feel free to send any my way - but only if they are cute though 🤣

But tell them they will probably have to wait until September :) 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

it looks that in Thailand buys don't use phones to talk anymore , they just exchange messages on Line, very popular communicator there. In three weeks I was there nobody , neither boys nor farangs asked me about phone number, everybody asks ' do you have Line" or simply says ' give me your Line' matter of factly

Do you mean they exchange regular messages or via apps like WhatsApp?