TotallyOz

Odd Question from Guy Wanting Laos Boy LINE ID

On 6/28/2022 at 7:06 AM, TotallyOz said:

Line is the Asian WhatsApp and EVERYONE here has it.

Broadly true.  
In a part of Asia called China, WeChat is the WhatsApp.  Line is popular in various other Asian countries.  I think it's of Japanese origin.

In some respects Line is superior to WhatsApp, as there's no obvious link to your phone number.   Give a MB your Line ID and he doesn't have your phone number.  

Whereas, in some parts of Europe, MBs use WhatsApp and if you give them that, they have your phone number.   There are work arounds, but it's a lot of faffing around.

As for using it on two devices, last time I looked, you could use it one one Android device and a Windows device.    Two Android devices didn't work with one account.       I presume similar principles might apply with Apple.    

Communication frequently includes the "stickers".   A selection is shown below.  

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

those stickers are taking me to early grave. I hate them. But since boys I mostly like very much use them I keep quiet and suffer in silence.

One with hearts farting chicken, third from the left on top is one I hate the most

Stickers help bridge the language barrier hahahaha. 

5 hours ago, spoon said:

Stickers help bridge the language barrier hahahaha. 

Do they?  Often I have no idea what the sticker is supposed to mean - and there are many more than the ones z909 posted.

Bottom right, just above the rabbit holding a baseball bat - a bear with something hanging out of his ear.  I don't have a clue.  And there are many more like that.

12 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

a bear with something hanging out of his ear.  I don't have a clue.  And there are many more like that.

Its actually rock thrown to the bear, hitting his head lol how it was used im not sure as i dont recall anyone use it before. Most of the time, the boys use sticker to indicate love, miss, hugs etc lol

Sometimes they use the sad stickers when the money requests is impending lol

I typically see 4 types of them:

1   Anything with a heart, usually the rabbit or the farting chicken = I love your money

2  OKAY rabbit  

3  Begging Rabbit = Please off me again

4  Anything sad -when I have not agreed to meet the lad today.

Understanding that is easy enough. 

33 minutes ago, spoon said:

Its actually rock thrown to the bear, hitting his head lol how it was used im not sure

I've never received that sticker.  I'm glad - because I still have no idea what it is supposed to mean.

That old saying, "One picture is worth 1000 words" - yes, if you can at least figure out what the picture is supposed to represent. 

With these stickers, all too often I'd rather have the 1000 words . . .

34 minutes ago, z909 said:

I typically see 4 types of them:

1   Anything with a heart, usually the rabbit or the farting chicken = I love your money

2  OKAY rabbit  

3  Begging Rabbit = Please off me again

4  Anything sad -when I have not agreed to meet the lad today.

Ha ha, you make it seem as if the stickers were designed for us and our specific interactions.... if only!  And judging by Gaybutton's reaction, the stickers only leave us more confused. If they were designed for us, the whole thing would be a major fail.

Apparently, the stickers are major revenue-generators for LINE. Users buy sets and sets of them. And the revenue graph at https://www.statista.com/statistics/1227434/most-popular-messenger-apps-worldwide-by-monthly-iap-revenue/ comparing LINE with other messaging apps, is stunning. Other sources of revenue, such as business advertising, contributed a lot too.  According to statista, LINE is the top revenue-grossing messaging app in 2021 even though it has big market share in only four countries: Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand.

In 2020, it had $1.5 billion in revenue (https://distinguished.io/blog/line-statistics-net-worth).

(What's even more surprising from the graph is the absence of WhatsApp. It's not there among the top ten.)

My best experience with the stickers was when I was explaining rimming to a guy. To show he understood, he somehow found a perfect sticker of, iirc, the rabbit with two hands in front of its face with its mouth open. That got a chuckle out of me. 

Edit: Turns out it's not the rabbit. I did some digging in messages and found it. This is about as perfect a sticker as could exist for explaining rimming in simple terms.IMG_20220630_185713.jpg.ab0a38d07f4692cdae25d69424c9c0c4.jpg

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

According to statista, LINE is the top revenue-grossing messaging app in 2021 even though it has big market share in only four countries: Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand.

not surprising , 4 countries but more than 400 million people

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Gee, I thought it was cat

Even Line seem to represent cats with short pointy ears. 

Although, I am making the assumption that the cat is the one on the left and the rabbit on the right.

Capture.JPG

13 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

My best experience with the stickers was when I was explaining rimming to a guy. To show he understood, he somehow found a perfect sticker of, iirc, the rabbit with two hands in front of its face with its mouth open. That got a chuckle out of me. 

Edit: Turns out it's not the rabbit. I did some digging in messages and found it. This is about as perfect a sticker as could exist for explaining rimming in simple terms.IMG_20220630_185713.jpg.ab0a38d07f4692cdae25d69424c9c0c4.jpg

Barry - that’s a really useful sticker. I’ve always found checking that boys will rim me and vice-versa especially over the telephone.  I will be using it soon.

On 6/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, z909 said:

Most of us know you give nothing you shouldn't to unknown people on the internet. 

That's all we need to know and then there is nothing to worry about.

The above statement is not accurate.

One well-known member here was stalked on IG by way of someone here getting enough information from this forum to identify him.  He had to delete his IG account and has stopped posting here for the most part.  
Another well-known member here had his posted information used w contacts in Santo Domingo to smear him - for whatever reason.  My understanding is this information was taken from public posts and used by trolls for their own nefarious purposes. 

and I’ve been contacted by many members via PM telling similar stories - that their public posts were somehow used to identify them (the member) or sex-workers for purposes of harassment.
Im not referring to trolls that may be fishing for information via private messages, although that happens too.

So, yes most people know not to give away information to unknown people on the internet - but these trolls are devious and determined.  There have been many many instances on this forum of users abusing the information that has been posted in good faith by other members.

That abusive use of information should stop - and when users appear that fit the pattern of trolls that abuse the information, then don’t be surprised when they get questioned.