numazu

Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?

Is it just me, or are others also wondering what the fascination is with 2 guys beating up on each other?

Being elbowed in the face or kicked in the ribs doesn't do it for me.

What am I missing?

Mind you, I would love to admire those toned bodies, but only in the gym, not in the ring. There was a Thai kickboxer who got into trouble for posing naked in a gay magazine. My God, he was hot!! 

Here's hoping Tiago doesn't get hurt!

4 hours ago, numazu said:

This bar was probably the singular bar that made me want to visit out Thailand. I was always curious about all the Bangkok boy bars, but Rush’s Bangkokbois blog (@ggobkk now I remember extensively reading it, once I googled it) has heavily featured Tawan, and it had captured my imagination ever since. And the bar has delivered on its promise of muscular boys to have sex with. So I kept going to Tawan.

Hi Numazu,

Please tell us that you are Rush reincarnated.  >))

Since you were an avid reader/follower of Bangkokbois blog, you have to admit that your writing style is very similar.

This is a BIG compliment by the way.  I truly enjoy your updates and writing style - especially when you leave us hanging for the next piece of meat - sorry, I meant to say, segment....

17 hours ago, numazu said:

The agent then said that they could not put the bag in the plane without taking out the power bank

So is the problem having the Power Bank in the Hole of the Plane? You could have brought it as Carry-On??

• Members
45 minutes ago, GWMinUS said:

So is the problem having the Power Bank in the Hole of the Plane? You could have brought it as Carry-On??

At least if the same rules apply there as in the USA - yes it could have been in carry-on. When checking luggage the agent will almost always ask whether you have any laptops, power banks etc. in the luggage being checked and if you answer yes, they will require you to shift it to carry-on bags before accepting it.

This is due to some kind of fire risk of having batteries in the plane hold from what I understand.

29 minutes ago, belkinDC said:

At least if the same rules apply there as in the USA - yes it could have been in carry-on. When checking luggage the agent will almost always ask whether you have any laptops, power banks etc. in the luggage being checked and if you answer yes, they will require you to shift it to carry-on bags before accepting it.

This is due to some kind of fire risk of having batteries in the plane hold from what I understand.

So the Gate Agent should have asked?

And they did not ship back the Power Bank? F*ck Bangkok Airways!!

• Members
1 minute ago, GWMinUS said:

So the Gate Agent should have asked?

And they did not ship back the Power Bank? F*ck Bangkok Airways!!

I don’t know if it’s a legal requirement that they ask this - but I would bet a fair amount of money that if he wasn’t asked by an agent, he probably used a self-check computer terminal and had to declare “no” to a written prompt asking about having batteries in luggage. 

I wouldn’t fault the airline too much here - and sounds like Numazu doesn’t either.

I usually check in online and there's always a question about "do you have any of these items in your checked luggage?" and it lists a whole bunch of things including Li-ion batteries. They can be a fire risk. I guess the theory is that if they start smoking in the cabin the crew can deal with it, but if they catch fire in the cargo hold everything burns.

Just to piggy back on the power bank. I believe Bangkok airports is one of the rare airport (or maybe China, I can’t remember now that China borders are practically cut off from the rest of the world) that have a strict regulation on power bank as a carry on. I have been through on a number of airport security and the security handling agents do not really bother on power banks that are hand carried. However in Bangkok through my limited experience the security handling agents would inspect them to ensure that they are not over 32,000mAh. So do ensure that the battery specification are labeled or risk getting them confiscated.