12is12

Reporting on pre-trip hook-ups

This is for those who like me prefer to search for and 'interview' local guys before arrival. I do this mainly when I'm looking for more than one-time sessions, when I want boyfriend material for longer stays and/or as 'guides'. Also, I'd rather not spend too much time in my first two days in sitio, sifting through scores and scores of Grindr messages. This is the way 8 years ago I found a hot guide in Lima, and 6 years ago - a great guy in Barranquilla. With the second guy I have travelled since then 3 times.

Grindr doesn't offer shifting your location in advance. In the past, GRomeo allowed this, and that's how it worked for me. Nowadays GR offers only the  option of registering your trips two weeks in advance, and locals will view you only if they actively go into the travel section. Per LatBear's recommendation, I also resurrected my account in Scruff, which offers the same option as GR. [Scruff is for free; in GR you have to upgrade for $9 per month.] I titled my profile (in Spanish) "looking for young companion" explaing that it's for hanging out, travelling the city, practicing my Spanish, fun and sex.

During the last 3 days I was messaged by 5 Scruff guys and 8 GR. Disappointingly, most of them weren't my type, but that speaks not to their looks but to my taste. The hottest one was the only guy who was angeling for money; he wrote he lives in Cali, and wanted me to send him money for a plane ticket. Of ocurse I declined and he disappeared.

As of now, one correspondence has bloomed into a definite meet, mainly bcs he seems to be able to hold a conversation. [I forgot to mention I enjoy intermediate Spanish proficiency.] After he mentioned that he'll be short on money for transportation, I answered that of course all expenses (transportation, food, hotel, etc) would be paid by me, and asked (VERY politely) if he expects anything beyond that. He answered with a simple no. This doesn't preclude the possibilities of him changing his mind, or of me adding gifts/money if his companionship would be especially enjoyable.

Another message was from a self-described 'guide', who clearly wrote that he's not promising sex in advance. I took that to mean there's no chance of sex. Pity, bcs he's one of the hotter responders. Anyway, since I DO need a guide for a couple of days, I might avail myself of his services. His rate is 40,000 cop per hour. Does anyone know if that's a reasonable-acceptable rate for a non-professional?

As mentioned at the top, m sharing with you this info, for those who might want to take the same path. It seems to me very useful / efficient.

Happy hunting.     

• Members

Good for you @12is12  It is an efficient way to find a guide and get some company when you visit a country for the first time. And I agree that it avoids wasting a lot of time in the first few days somewhere by endless online chat.

I did this also on my first visits to Argentina. I found 2 guys who on paper were promising and the suggested fee was reasonable fee (with me picking up all costs). One was Marcelo (proficient in English, goodlooking but very argumentative) but I dropped him when I found he’d tried to cheat me with a grossly inflated restaurant bill. Marcelo was still active as a guide for foreign visitors 5 years ago. The second guy was Alexis (no English, short but muscled blond) who was pleasant, informative and helpful. He insisted on walking me back to my hotel after our first dinner…eagerly stripped off, sucked me off and stayed for breakfast.

Thanks for sharing your pre-trip prep and asking lots of questions. This will definitely be useful when I return to Medellin, and for those planning their first trip. You're going to have a great time. I'm excited for you! Looking forward to your post-trip report.

I think 40,000 pesos is on the high end. This is what I paid a guide with a car. I found one guy on Grindr who had a rate for 4 or 5 hours, but I don't remember what he was asking for. In the end, he didn't really seem interested, so I ended up going with someone I'd already seen a few times and there was no time limit. We spent about 5 hours sightseeing, had lunch, and then he came back to my place and we had fun. I gave him 200,000 and he was very happy with that.

I think in the end what matters is if you want to be with this guy. If so, then the price is right.

What I would advise is not to lock anything in yet. When you get to Medellin and turn on Grindr, you're going to be inundated with messages. In my first few days, I was getting upwards of 50 messages/taps per day. It was non-stop. I couldn't even keep up with them to delete them (lots of blank profiles and just "hola", and a lot that were not my type). You are going to have lots to choose from. You definitely don't need to fly anyone in :) Medellin is filled with some of the hottest men I've ever met in my travels.

Enjoy!

On 7/10/2022 at 5:45 AM, 12is12 said:

Another message was from a self-described 'guide', who clearly wrote that he's not promising sex in advance. I took that to mean there's no chance of sex. Pity, bcs he's one of the hotter responders. Anyway, since I DO need a guide for a couple of days, I might avail myself of his services. His rate is 40,000 cop per hour. Does anyone know if that's a reasonable-acceptable rate for a non-professional?

When I first read this, I read 40,000 per day.  and could not understand why you asked the question (40 COP/day ~ 10usd ) is essentially minimum wage for government employees and very fair.

but 40/hr seems too much without some fringe benefits. (Siam Roads is 99$ for a full day)

I offered $50 a day (24/7) with of course transportation, food expenses  for my guide/companion.  He was very happy with that.  ( I know from offering others $30 USD a day was good enough). In the end, with bonus and gifts ended up at 250COP/day which included some days he did not work. 

The going rate the locals (non professional) charge each other for short time sex is ~40,000 (according to my guide).  My lowest short time was 80COP plus taxi 100COP + 20cop tip for great performance  or about 30usd.  Most grindr short time wanted 120COP for foreigner plus taxi (I rarely negotiate).  short time Street whores in Plaza Botero was 30 to 40cop (for women reported to me by an experienced sexpatriot).

On 7/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, maump said:

My lowest short time was 80COP plus taxi 100COP + 20cop tip for great performance  or about 30usd.  Most grindr short time wanted 120COP for foreigner plus taxi (I rarely negotiate).  short time Street whores in Plaza Botero was 30 to 40cop (for women reported to me by an experienced sexpatriot).

Your experience mirrors mine. Grindr guys/scorts are 120-150 mil in Medellin and Bgta. Elsewhere (not Cartagena) it is a bit cheaper, e.g. Cali and Pereira you will find guys in Grindt provding rates of 70-80 mil. Often the rate is lower if you come to their room (easier and more convenient for the guys). If you find the published rate a bit on the high side, make a reasonable counter offer; it will most likely be accepted. 

I have no experience with female prostitutes in Plaza Botero but the street guys in nearby Parque Bolivar will charge 50-80 mil for a quick session (of course their asking price will be higher, but again it is negotiable) + 15-20 mil for a nearby "ocasional" hotel room; see my recent report on Parque Bolivar lads in a different Medellin thread.

• Members

Hi.I am also planing a trip to colombia-  for my first time.  I was many times in Brazil and enjoyed the saunas and garotos. So many muscled hot guys there.

I am still not sure how it works in colombia? are there male brothels/ saunas? or is it just grindr and co?

• Members
On 7/22/2022 at 2:59 PM, maump said:

When I first read this, I read 40,000 per day.  and could not understand why you asked the question (40 COP/day ~ 10usd ) is essentially minimum wage for government employees and very fair.

but 40/hr seems too much without some fringe benefits. (Siam Roads is 99$ for a full day)

I offered $50 a day (24/7) with of course transportation, food expenses  for my guide/companion.  He was very happy with that.  ( I know from offering others $30 USD a day was good enough). In the end, with bonus and gifts ended up at 250COP/day which included some days he did not work. 

The going rate the locals (non professional) charge each other for short time sex is ~40,000 (according to my guide).  My lowest short time was 80COP plus taxi 100COP + 20cop tip for great performance  or about 30usd.  Most grindr short time wanted 120COP for foreigner plus taxi (I rarely negotiate).  short time Street whores in Plaza Botero was 30 to 40cop (for women reported to me by an experienced sexpatriot).

How much is a boy overnight?

1 hour ago, redxs said:

How much is a boy overnight?

I rented a man long term 24/7 for 50usd a day.  of course I bought everything we ate/ drank.  we fucked twice a day.  he was my guide and companion. in the end I gave him another 50cop/day tip.  we had a pretty good time, although his english was weak and he was submissive (what ever you want boss, I make you happy)

On 10/25/2022 at 5:48 PM, Alex_Berl said:

Hi.I am also planing a trip to colombia-  for my first time.  I was many times in Brazil and enjoyed the saunas and garotos. So many muscled hot guys there.

I am still not sure how it works in colombia? are there male brothels/ saunas? or is it just grindr and co?

also https://co.mileroticos.com/  is a great option for whores.