zoomomancs

This is Thailand (TiT)

I've come to Thailand about 40 times since 2011 so I have seen a few things but I've had new experiences in the last few days. Today I went to the massage shop behind Tukcom. I got the man's clothes off in the end for kissing and wanking. When I tipped him 700bt he said: 'Too much'. Most massage men when it comes to 'extras' say 'how much you give me or '1000'. I didn't reduce his tip, which I thought was fair.

I googled for a laundry near Jomtien, took my favourite pants and about 5 t shirts. The next day the laundry woman said a falang had insisted my clothes were his clothes. He didn't return them over the next few days so the laundry woman said she would pay me. I suggested 1000bt which she agreed to. If I'm back in 3 months and my clothes are returned we can reverse this. 

A Thai man I have known for years visited my hotel in Jomtien. Reception asked to keep his id card while he was there. (The night before reception had photocopied another man's id when I brought him back.) We left for a drive and he discovered 50 km away that the hotel had given him someone else's id card. He said that he should have checked when the hotel gave it back to him, but didn't. Happily, we rang the hotel and his id was still there. But suppose it wasn't, his id had been given to someone else and was now 200km away. Or what if it was the passport of a man we had taken back to the hotel, who had no visa and was here illegally, which was given to the wrong person? For this reason I now prefer a hotel which does not keep passports in this way as I no longer think I can trust hotels. Maybe I can trust laundry women despite some crazy falang about.

33 minutes ago, zoomomancs said:

I've come to Thailand about 40 times since 2011 so I have seen a few things but I've had new experiences in the last few days. Today I went to the massage shop behind Tukcom. I got the man's clothes off in the end for kissing and wanking. When I tipped him 700bt he said: 'Too much'. Most massage men when it comes to 'extras' say 'how much you give me or '1000'. I didn't reduce his tip, which I thought was fair.

About 3 years ago, the Pattaya massage places would typically ask for 5~600 extra for a HJ, usually with nudity as well.     I would have thought your 700 would be about right, for nude massage + HJ, without much else.

At another massage place facing Tuk Com, the massage always lasts the full time, usually 90 minutes.  The massage is very good, with nudity, kissing etc.   A 1000 baht tip always gets a beaming smile, even though he's done quite a bit more than just massage + HJ.

As for declining tips, there used to be a Thai masseur operating in Hemel Hempstead, UK.   The professional side of the massage was very good, he was rather cute and also totally refused to take any extra payment for extras.   The massage used to be £30 for an hour and £45 for 90 minutes, which were very good prices for the UK.  The extra service was thrown into encourage repeat business.  I was absolutely gutted when he went back to Thailand. 

33 minutes ago, zoomomancs said:

I googled for a laundry near Jomtien, took my favourite pants and about 5 t shirts. The next day the laundry woman said a falang had insisted my clothes were his clothes. He didn't return them over the next few days so the laundry woman said she would pay me. I suggested 1000bt which she agreed to. If I'm back in 3 months and my clothes are returned we can reverse this.

I've occasionally had an "unknown" T-shirt mixed in with my washing in Pattaya.  As a countermeasure, I've taken to using one of those coin operated Otteri washing machines, which is better for quality control.   It doesn't take that much time, as I can go off for a coffee or something whilst the machine is running.   I set the alarm on the phone to make sure I get back for when it's finished.