Mikesj36

Bangkok: Best Gay Bars and Massages?

I bet you're the type of guy who walks into a new supermarket and goes directly to an employee for help, rather than searching for an item.

There are 15 years' worth of posts, extensively researched and reported by forum members, with all the information you need for a memorable trip.

21 hours ago, Mikesj36 said:

I will be visiting Bangkok for just a few days. What are your top recommendations for gay bars and massage venues? Thank you!

As this board is devoted mainly to those topics, it s hard for people to even know where to start answering such a general question.

Perhaps if you narrowed it down, people could help.

Like...are you looking for mainly paid encounters, or free?

If paid, are you looking for more twinky guys or more muscly guys?

Also, for a gay massage do you want just a hand job or the whole works. Again, do you prefer a masseur who is twinky or muscular?

And so on.

16 hours ago, AlexThompson said:

I bet you're the type of guy who walks into a new supermarket and goes directly to an employee for help, rather than searching for an item.

There are 15 years' worth of posts, extensively researched and reported by forum members, with all the information you need for a memorable trip.

I can appreciate that, and while I do consider myself resourceful and willing to put in the effort before asking for help, I was hoping you all could weigh in with the BEST options during this unique time as we start to recover from the pandemic (July 2022).

In response to a couple of the questions…I’m more interested in muscly guys and a muscly masseur - but not the full works. Also looking for gay bars with a friendly clientele (and workers) that preferably attracts more gay men than straight women. Thank you!

2 hours ago, joshhb said:

Hang out on Silom 4 for the mixed gay-centic bars and restaurants.

"Full service" massage places will do less if you want. Arena and Sabaidee Spa would give you hunky masseurs. Arena is probably easier for a newcomer to find.

Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

10 hours ago, Mikesj36 said:

I can appreciate that, and while I do consider myself resourceful and willing to put in the effort before asking for help, I was hoping you all could weigh in with the BEST options during this unique time as we start to recover from the pandemic (July 2022).

In response to a couple of the questions…I’m more interested in muscly guys and a muscly masseur - but not the full works. Also looking for gay bars with a friendly clientele (and workers) that preferably attracts more gay men than straight women. Thank you!

Amongst the host bars, Tawan, Moonlight and Jupiter have more muscly guys, the Tawan guys in particular have many with a bodybuilder physique.

If you search for the names of those bars, you will find several posts withing the last month where people visited them and gave their opinion.

• Members
On 7/20/2022 at 1:52 AM, AlexThompson said:

What you say may be true but I think it is being unnecessarily rude to the person who made the inquiry.

• Members
7 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

What you say may be true but I think it is being unnecessarily rude to the person who made the inquiry.

Very well said. I am returning to Bangkok in November after a 3 year absence. The scene has changed markedly in that time and despite having been to Bangkok at least a dozen times I am following this forum closely and will be seeking advice from people who have visited recently. 

21 hours ago, forrestreid said:

Perhaps if you narrowed it down, people could help.

the thing I’ve noticed about this board, especially among very new members like the OP - they don’t know what they want. Or, haven’t taken the time to actually think about that question.  

If you walk into a grocery store and ask where to buy food - you’ll likely get a blank stare. Yes, there’s food there, but infinite choices not worthy of an explanation.  If you go to the vegetable stand and ask for the organic bananas - they’ll point you to the exact produce. Or say they don’t have it and go to another place. 

A little research (here or elsewhere) goes along way in planning for trips.  There’s updated information on almost every destination of interest to those that use this forum.  And it’s always good to get information from several sources (here & elsewhere) bc it can be just a couple of peoples descriptions of a place that may not sync with your pov.  

Contrary to some posts here, I’ve found this board easy to use w a basic search function that will return dozens of posts with almost any keywords. It’s not that difficult.

• Members
On 7/19/2022 at 7:47 PM, Mikesj36 said:

I will be visiting Bangkok for just a few days. What are your top recommendations for gay bars and massage venues? Thank you!

One of the problems is that, unfortunately, all of us are less knowledgeable about massage places because many of the places we were familiar with are gone and the newer ones have not been tried and tested by many of the members of this board.  Hopefully members who do go for a massage will post more information.

I try to pass along info I come across during my stays but I defer to both Divine Madman and Toyally Oz as they are long-time residents of this great town and have a keen eye for quality and recent developments in that industry we all love. For sheer volume in this area, Vinapu may well hold the indoor record on a time/experience ratio.

There is a new msg shop in Silom road at the mouth of soy 8 that you will also find with a profile on grindr. I would say it is a typical "gay silom msg shop" in the sense that the msg is rather average and you won't probably get more than a hand job (after some haggling during the massage, which i dont like). A shop you only try if you see a cute guy sitting in front of it. Rooms are nice and clean. Massage table with a staple of cushions.

Actually, am I the only one here who prefers a flat cushion over a hole in the table? From an anatomical standpoint the hole makes more sense i guess, but having my head in the hole, when the masseur applies pressure on my back, i have a feeling in my throat like i get strangulated...