peterholland

The agate hotel or East suites Jomtien

Agate has been our home for  recent visits. Rooms in November cost only 1200 bht pn.  Gay-friendly with many single gay men enjoying local  opportunities. Two swimming-pools, blessedly child-free. 

East suites are well-appointed but I would suspect that, unlike Agate, subject to noise -pollution from the bars.

Funny you should ask. This week I'm going to stay in Agate for a few days then move to East Suites for a few more days (I'm gonna try their famous King Jacuzzi Suite to see if it's really as nice as some members here said :) I'll give feedback once I complete my stays. But I heard that East Suites staff couldn't care less about whom you take to the room though.

FYI, I stayed in Poseidon and Zing in previous weeks and both were a disappointment for different reasons, especially Poseidon. Zing was also worse than pre-Covid period.

I stayed at the East Suites 2 years ago at their best room Jacuzzi 2 rooms suite it's the best room I ever had in Thailand very luxurious , the staff is very friendly no one cares about visitors you can bring anyone you want and the big plus you have a free access to Zing hotel swimming pool , I also used to have breakfasts at the Zing it's just opposite East Suites.I really enjoyed my stay there.

The Agate is joiners friendly but is not exactly a gay hotel and as far as know they are not serving breakfast at the moment due very low occupancy.

I don't like the breakfast at Agate, but the rooms and the pool are both very nice. As others have said, joiners are fine but they just want to hold on to the boy's ID and then call when he goes to collect it.

I've tried Poseidon and the room was nice, but pretty expensive for what you get. I think I will try The Venue next, I still have dreams of trying to get one of the cabaret dancers up to my room haha.

Whenever we go to Pattaya/Jomtien I always stay at The Agate, the entry level Crystal rooms are not huge but are fine for me and my partner. the staff are also very friendly.

We spent a couple of nights there early June and they were not serving breakfasts which wasn't a problem as there are plenty of places to eat round about

8 minutes ago, traveller123 said:

We spent a couple of nights there early June and they were not serving breakfasts which wasn't a problem as there are plenty of places to eat round about

Which places you would recommend for breakfast in Jomtien Complex, esp. a buffet-style one. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Min said:

Which places you would recommend for breakfast in Jomtien Complex, esp. a buffet-style one. Thanks.

Min, we enjoy breakfast at the French restaurant on the corner near the hotel and a western breakfast at Tinnies, sometimes we will also walk down the promenade past the gay beach to the restaurant on the sea front at Pratamnak.

Sorry I have never looked for a buffet style breakfast although if you want a songkaw trip the breakfast buffet at Casa Pascal on Pattaya second road is well liked.

2 hours ago, Min said:

Funny you should ask. This week I'm going to stay in Agate for a few days then move to East Suites for a few more days (I'm gonna try their famous King Jacuzzi Suite to see if it's really as nice as some members here said :) I'll give feedback once I complete my stays. But I heard that East Suites staff couldn't care less about whom you take to the room though.

FYI, I stayed in Poseidon and Zing in previous weeks and both were a disappointment for different reasons, especially Poseidon. Zing was also worse than pre-Covid period.

I like the Zing,the day manager is always very nice to me everytime I walk past etc, I find it run efficiently.

May I ask what problems you had at the Zing 

We all have different experiences so just like to know

1 hour ago, Min said:

I'm not aware of any good buffet style in the complex, but if you want a good hotel buffet breakfast the Hilton near CentralFestival would possibly be worth checking out.

O Delices in Jomtien Complex was the best breakfast option I found on my April trip, but there's not much competition.

My holiday breakfast usually consists of a small probiotic yoghurt in the hotel, followed by a coffee and croissant in a coffee shop.  

The yoghurt is usually home made, as that seems to be the only way to get one that's not poisoned with sugar.

Having a modest breakfast seems to be the main reason why my weight doesn't get completely out of control in Thailand.   Whilst I have taken the buffet breakfast in certain hotels, making a habit of that would have consequences.

I stayed in the Agate in April/ May this year and was 1000 baht per night without breakfast. Half the hotel was closed off and just the one lovely pool. Staff were faultless. Lovely people.

Yes, happy for guests and I had a few, but no identification needed as the boys were local and knew the staff.

Fabulous to come out of the hotel into the gay surroundings for breakfast at Rolins Cambodian restaurant right outside and have a massage watching the boys wake up and come out for a walk 💓

However, I have booked a another flight in October and the prices at the Agate have more than tripled and are now way too pricey for me.....3000 baht per night 😩

2 hours ago, WelshGuyUK said:

However, I have booked a another flight in October and the prices at the Agate have more than tripled and are now way too pricey for me.....3000 baht per night 

Two weeks ago I booked the Agate for 4 nights in September, still for the discounted 1000 baht per night.... Never stayed there before but I thought a good price for how the hotel looked in the pictures. Happy to read so many positive feedback about the hotel.

Happy me. 

4 hours ago, WelshGuyUK said:

However, I have booked a another flight in October and the prices at the Agate have more than tripled and are now way too pricey for me.....3000 baht per night 😩

I have just looked up prices for October on their website  and they want 1000 baht per night.

I then looked at Booking.com and the price is indeed 3000.

Try booking on their website or by email. I emailed for a trip in August and it’s 1000 per night.

https://www.theagatepattaya.com/

On 7/20/2022 at 2:36 AM, peterholland said:

I cannot choose between the Agate hotel and East suites in Jomtien, Pattaya. How is their joiner policy? I want to stay near the boyscene in Jomtien. 

Last night (my first night in Agate), I had 2 Lao boys back with me around 10.30 pm. One of them had the physical passport, the other - only a picture on his phone. Both were accepted by the receptionists. No joiner fees were asked (I booked a double room). 

If you bring a boy back quite late (probably around mid night), there are no receptionists on duty (there is one night guard outside but he couldn't care less) and hence probably no Id check.

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

May I ask what problems you had at the Zing 

I'll give more details and tag you when I write my reviews of all four hotels in Jomtien Complex I have stayed on this trip.

19 hours ago, z909 said:

Having a modest breakfast seems to be the main reason why my weight doesn't get completely out of control in Thailand.   Whilst I have taken the buffet breakfast in certain hotels, making a habit of that would have consequences.

My breakfast is more like brunch (quite late, usually toward the end of the service time) but a big one because I need energy to start my day and also for gym later. I skip lunch and only have one more main meal after gym (early dinner or should I say linner ) For me "buffet breakfast" means unlimited servings of salad - mostly raw vegetables, and fresh fruits.

We are eating breakfast at Zing. Limited menu but charming service. Unusually good coffee, by the way....and you won't hear me saying that about many places in Thailand.

I'd be surprised if any hotel is serving buffet breakfasts when occupancy rates are so low. It's just not profitable to do so. We are booked in Chiang Mai's Amora  for November and I was even  unable to choose a breakfast option  there.

18 hours ago, WelshGuyUK said:

I stayed in the Agate in April/ May this year and was 1000 baht per night without breakfast. Half the hotel was closed off and just the one lovely pool. Staff were faultless. Lovely people.

Yes, happy for guests and I had a few, but no identification needed as the boys were local and knew the staff.

Fabulous to come out of the hotel into the gay surroundings for breakfast at Rolins Cambodian restaurant right outside and have a massage watching the boys wake up and come out for a walk 💓

Have you contacted The Agate by e mail and mentioned you are a returning customer.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:57 AM, Min said:

What was wrong with Poseidon? I always liked it there, even if it was a more expensive then Zing.