peterholland

The agate hotel or East suites Jomtien

No I haven't yet.....I managed to book my first 3 nights at the Ayiaree hotel which is only £9 per night. I will go and see the staff after I arrive 👍

On 7/22/2022 at 10:38 AM, kokopelli 2 said:

Where is Rolins Cambodian restaurant?

On the corner directly opposite the entrance to The Agate.......there is no sign. It is a cheap restaurant with mainly Cambodian community 

On 7/21/2022 at 1:20 PM, traveller123 said:

Have you contacted The Agate by e mail and mentioned you are a returning customer.

No I haven't yet.....I managed to book my first 3 nights at the Ayiaree hotel which is only £9 per night. I will go and see the staff after I arrive 👍 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:10 AM, newalaan said:

I can only give a recent experience of East Suites in Jomtien (as have never stayed Agate) where I stayed for 10 nights last month, my first trip to Pattaya for 30 months. Despite the length of time since my last stay I found East Suites as immaculate as before. I had booked the Executive Suite 70sq m which is huge, but the other standard suites are 50 sq m and also very large. One difference post-covid was the entry system. Before East Suites had 24hr reception, but now has a key fob which 'beeps' for the auto open/close front door, I found that easier than the previous 'pick-up keys at reception' routine. The reception was open from early morning until about 6-7pm where free coffee and croissants are available at breakfast time, so the key fob only really used at night, so therefore no issues with joiners. 

The room was as usual immaculate. One thing it does have compared to most hotel rooms is a small kitchen area with coffee maker and microwave with cutlery/glasses etc which we found very handy and are used to with staying primarily in apartments. Possibly for some the fact Est Suites has no lift is an issue, but there are ground floor rooms available. I prefer using stairs no matter where I stay and only use the lift when checking in and out with luggage, but at East Suites the male receptionist is available to assist with luggage and is very helpful. The prices Bt1400-Bt1700 depending on room size never really change, but compared to what you get are excellent value for money. Compared to The Agate the room sizes at East Suites will probably be about double the size. 

John the owner is usually around the reception daytime and is very approachable and helpful. I had no issue with noise from the Complex at East Suites. 

I did miss a microwave actually,needed for those times I bought a pie or sausage roll from nearby Tinnies and wanted to hear it up later 

I stayed at the Zing resort,you can get a room with balcony overlooking pool for around 800/900 baht a night.

Cheaper options with no balcony from 700 baht a night I believe,but I needed a balcony .

On 7/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, Guest said:

My holiday breakfast usually consists of a small probiotic yoghurt in the hotel, followed by a coffee and croissant in a coffee shop.  

The yoghurt is usually home made, as that seems to be the only way to get one that's not poisoned with sugar.

Having a modest breakfast seems to be the main reason why my weight doesn't get completely out of control in Thailand.   Whilst I have taken the buffet breakfast in certain hotels, making a habit of that would have consequences.

Very similar to my thoughts on breakfast while vacationing in Thailand. Why waste my calories on breakfast food when mango and sticky rice and the world's greatest cuisine awaits in all its lunchtime and dinner glory? I usually wake up to one of the low- or no-sugar protein drinks sold at convenience stores, then head out for a good cup of coffee. The only place I've found in Pattaya that sells good coffee is an open-air, full-of-character shop called Benjamit, which scouts the Mekong Delta countries for beans then roasts them itself. But I'm not sure if the place has survived the pandemic. The most recent Tripadvisor review is from October 2021. If Benjamit is closed or too crowded, I go to Central Festival, buy a plate of mango and sticky rice and bring it to Starbucks to enjoy with an iced latte. Mmm. Can't wait till my next Thailand vacation.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:06 PM, WelshGuyUK said:

$9 a night ,good value 

Agate's prices at the moment are good value. I paid 1000 pn last month; and I'm paying 1,200 for my next trip (for which I cannot wait!) in November.  No breakfast though; we ate at Zing. Charming staff there too!

Agate's public areas are 4* plus, if that's important to you.  They are to us. P and I would gaze at and appreciate all the exhibits in the glass cases in the corridors. Other Agate guests will know what I mean! And its two pools are a blessing if sprogs appear.... P and I always had the sea-water one to ourselves.

As I always say, don't use Agoda or Booking; book direct with the hotel. Much cheaper.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:49 AM, vinapu said:

Venue is also economical but tends to be noisy

I've always stayed in a back facing room, never heard any noise.

For this next trip, I'm staying in Classroom...guys that I like seem uncomfortable being paraded in Jomtien Complex or a Boystown hotel.....the discreet side entrance is very appreciated 😉

On 9/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, floridarob said:

I've always stayed in a back facing room, never heard any noise.

For this next trip, I'm staying in Classroom...guys that I like seem uncomfortable being paraded in Jomtien Complex or a Boystown hotel.....the discreet side entrance is very appreciated 😉

East Suites is a very small guesthouse with luxurious rooms and friendly staff at the reception they really don't care who you bring with you and no questions ask it's the same advantage as discreet entrance. 

On 9/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, floridarob said:

Gives me something to think about. ... Do you hang out in Boyztown, then, and skip the Jomtien nightlife? If it weren't for your friends' discomfort, would you recommend staying in a Jomtien hotel? 

7 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

Gives me something to think about. ... Do you hang out in Boyztown, then, and skip the Jomtien nightlife? If it weren't for your friends' discomfort, would you recommend staying in a Jomtien hotel? 

commuting between two is easy, 10 minutes , 10 baht on baht bus, 60-100 baht on mototaxi so where you stay  really depends which type of boys you prefer.

If you like shows, BBB,  Castro  and according to some reports ABomb in Boyztown   have one so Boyztown  may be your prefered option.

Utilizing cheap rates in ZIngResort you may have best of both worlds, stay in Boyztown and keep also room in Zing just in case. I did it once by mistake but liked idea and repeated on 2 or 3 occasions for 1-2 nights (I never stay in Pattaya too long preferring Bangkok ) 

10 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

I like guys that are more masculine and even  better with tattoos, so between the apps, Boystown area and Nice boys is where I find myself. I'm not a beachgoer , but I might go 1 or 2 days and get a massage on the beach or something.

Lot's of guys in Jomtien.....just not my type typically. I have stayed there several times over the years, rented an airbnb, the Venue, Agate.....Venue is fine, especially with their price...

Classroom is part of a girly bar, but after Vinapu mentioned Classroom and I stayed there once, is ok place....the entrance doesn't pass reception and there is an electronic lock you let yourself in. I've stayed at the Ambiance a bunch of times and with the prices there is a good value....but like I said, many guys don't like to be seen going into a gay hotel....

On 7/21/2022 at 12:16 AM, Min said:

because I need energy to start my day and also for gym later. I skip lunch and only have one more main meal after gym (early dinner or should I say linner ) For me "buffet breakfast" means unlimited servings of salad - mostly raw vegetables, and fresh fruits.

Where have you found good gym facilities in Pattaya?   costs?

I liked trinity hotel in Silom because, in part, access to a big (outdoor) pool an gym for exercise.

12 hours ago, maump said:

Where have you found good gym facilities in Pattaya?   costs?

I liked trinity hotel in Silom because, in part, access to a big (outdoor) pool an gym for exercise.

Jomtien gym ,main road ,near the complex ,run by a nice Iranian guy 

995 a month or 150 casual visit 

23 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Jomtien gym ,main road ,near the complex ,run by a nice Iranian guy 

995 a month or 150 casual visit 

https://www.facebook.com/jomtienfitnesspattaya

this one?  I'd like to find a club with a pool (for laps), but I guess that is common enough if I do airbnb condo.....