Olddaddy

How much to tip boy next to you

Guys help me out ,I feel dumb 

I'm in Pattaya now and I haven't been in a gay go go for years.

Last night I was in one, had a boy sit next to me bought him a drink etc.

I touched his dick ,he drank the drink in about less than 10 minutes, 

I should be honest , I touched his dick and sucked him for a few minutes didn't cum

How much is a tip that's not under or over 

Now I saw other farangs kissing boys next to them ,one in particular didn't look like he was enjoying it but on leaving the Farang must of left a small tip because the boy never even said goodbye to him and opened the folder and turned his back on the Farang.

I noticed he had been deep kissing him for like 20 minutes 

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Farang must have left a small tip because the boy never even said goodbye to him and opened the folder and turned his back on the Farang.

Of course the tip in the folder is not relevant to the boy as this (should) go to a pot and be shared between all the staff.
Any tip personally for the boy or (god forbid the mamasan) should be given to the boy personally (maybe avoiding in front of mamasan's eyes or he may be demanding a share of it from the boy).
In restaurants, the same applies -- tip your waiter (if he deserves it) into his hand and any general tip into the folder. This is quite normal in Thailand and can be done openly in any bar or restaurant, gay or straight..

One big gay bar (not agogo or host) that I know well, has two pots -- one for waiters, another for bar staff-- both administered by the staff themselves with nothing going to the management. The waiter is NOT allowed to slip the folder change into his pocket.
The kitchen staff have enhanced salaries to compensate for no tips.

In a 'host' bar the boy will get a small percentage of the price you paid for his drink (possibly an enhanced price to yours to compensate).

Finally, many host bars, not all, do not give any salary to waiters, hosts etc.  and they rely on tips and share of drink prices.

4 minutes ago, zoomomancs said:

IMO about 300 bt is the minimum, as he also gets a drink tip. More if it was especially fun or good service. I might tip 500 just for chatting and looking cute. I think 1000 is a bit on the top side but would make the lad happy.

I think the lad did a bit more than chatting and looking cute. Isn't making a guy who provided you with good service happy the whole idea in a mutually beneficial arrangement?

I would have thought that 1000 for a sucking his dick in a bar would be being quite generous. After all, if you take him out, he loses the opportunity to gain another customer, wheres as if you pay him and leave the bar, he could be sitting with another customer in 5 minutes.

It would depend for me whether he cums or not, as this may be unable to do so again for another customer that night , and so lose out if that is important to a prospective customer.

I would say that just for oral without cumming in a bar, 500 would be  generous amount, but if the guy came I would give him 1000 at least.

Obviously if you want to be generous, that is great too.

16 minutes ago, reader said:

I think the lad did a bit more than chatting and looking cute. Isn't making a guy who provided you with good service happy the whole idea in a mutually beneficial arrangement?

Well, I think the OP wants to do just that, but without paying over the odds.

The name of the bar was not mentioned,  but I presume that it is one of the anything goes places in Sunee. Their business model is for customers to come in and buy drinks and spread a few red notes around for a bit of a feel, maybe a purple note for a suck.

If customers felt obliged to pay 1000 every time they briefly sucked off a guy in such bars, I suspect the bars would not probably be around for much longer, as this would destroy their business model.

Obviously if one wants to pay 1000 (or 10,000) baht for good service, and and to make the guy happy, that is great, but if one is asked about the "going rate" in a visitor-oriented message board, I think it is only fair to give the "going rate" rather than the "generous guy" rate.

"Over the odds"? He's not at the track, betting on the outcome of a race.. He's sexually servicing--and being serviced by--by  a young man. I don't think this is something to be reduced to a mathematical equation.

But let's for the sake of argument pretend that it is. You deep kiss a 60+ guy in a bar for 20 minutes in front of your peers and strangers. How much do you think you'd deserve?

Probably north of $35.

You may try to fool yourself with terms like "business model" but their are other terms applicable in this situation.

33 minutes ago, reader said:

"Over the odds"? He's not at the track, betting on the outcome of a race.. He's sexually servicing--and being serviced by--by  a young man. I don't think this is something to be reduced to a mathematical equation.

But let's for the sake of argument pretend that it is. You deep kiss a 60+ guy in a bar for 20 minutes in front of your peers and strangers. How much do you think you'd deserve?

Probably north of $35.

You may try to fool yourself with terms like "business model" but their are other terms applicable in this situation.

+1

Totally agree. I think that some believe that a boy getting a blow job should be fun for him. It is not. It is work. There is a discrepancy in income and for this service, 1,000 is extremely fair. Let's not kid ourselves into think they love sex with old men. It is a job and one that should be well rewarded.

1 hour ago, reader said:

You may try to fool yourself with terms like "business model" but their are other terms applicable in this situation that aren't so flattering.

Please elucidate. I a not really a fan of "Cocks out" sleaze bars myself, so dont worry, I wont take it personally.

My understand of the rates in the sleazy bars is more from talking to people who are fans of such places than personal experience. Certainly, in my limited experience, the customers leaving those particular bars seem to have more been giving a clutch of 100 baht notes to the guys they had been sitting with than anything larger. Perhaps I was just there on nights stingy guys were in, if other posters who have personal experience of those particular bars want to chime in, I for one would be interested to read their views.

You seem to think that discussing the issue of the going rate for sex providers dispassionately makes one a bad person or something, Reader, a slightly unusual viewpoint for somebody who has over 4,000 posts on this particular message board, I would have thought.

It is just a fact  that there are several different types of gay sex-orientated bars in Pattaya with different business models.There is the  gogo bars with shows in Boyztown, the host bars and "hands on" bars of Sunee, and the host bars and massage outlets of Jomtien.

I think it is fair on a board such as this to discuss the business models of the various establishments without worrying that people will get  all het up. Obviously, the guys providing the service should never be short-changed, but I think that if there is a going rate for a service, mentioning that amount honestly is fair.

Personally, I feel that the going rate for guys in Pattaya is in general probably too low, considering that there seems to be a difficulty in attracting enough workers to gogo bars and the Sunee Plaza sleaze bars, and the particular, often demening, demands of such work . But that is another question to what the going rate currently is.

18 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

+1

Totally agree. I think that some believe that a boy getting a blow job should be fun for him. It is not. It is work. There is a discrepancy in income and for this service, 1,000 is extremely fair. Let's not kid ourselves into think they love sex with old men. It is a job and one that should be well rewarded.

I dont disagree with any of that, but I don't think that is necessarily incompatible with my comment above that  "if there is a going rate for a service, mentioning that amount honestly is fair". Obviously any opportunity to suggest people be generous or pay over the odds should be taken also, imho.

I'm not into having oral sex in bars and have no experience of appropriate tips.    I'm more into offing lads.  But I don't see brown notes being handed over inside Sunee gogo bars. 

1 Down the road at Nice Boys, people frequently mention 300 tips for boys tossing off into a cup.   Or even putting 300 on the table to initiate a competition amongst several bar boys.   I have no interest in that.     However, it might serve as a equivalent comparison for the 10 minutes activity described in the opening post.

2 The short time tip range in Pattaya typically considered to be 1000~1500.  Sitting with him in the bar for 10 minutes, sucking his cock and him not cumming is nowhere near equivalent to the level of service received on a short-time off, or the time spent.   So I don't think the tip should be equivalent either. 

3 Asking some of the elderly expats that frequent Winner might be appropriate.

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

How much is a tip that's not under or over ?

4 The post is missing one point.  What did you tip ?     Did his body language indicate that the tip was good ?     Is he all over you next time you go to the bar ?

1 hour ago, forrestreid said:

I think it is fair on a board such as this to discuss the business models of the various establishments without worrying that people will get  all het up. Obviously, the guys providing the service should never be short-changed, but I think that if there is a going rate for a service, mentioning that amount honestly is fair.

I agree entirely.    Trying to understand what the average tip is for a level of service is perfectly fair.   The customers can then decide where they want to tip relative to that figure.  

Also, comparisons with what we would expect to be paid for that are irrelevant.   Many of us are from high labour cost countries, so rather than a minimum wage of 330 baht per day, it's over 330 baht per hour.  As professionals, many have probably been earning quite a lot more than this.  It follows that our expectations will be very different & are not at all relevant.   Other than for keeping it in perspective.  

When we are in Thailand, the average or median rate for a job should be considering Thai rates, not Swiss rates.   

Once we have established the average rate, we can then decide if increasing or decreasing the tip is appropriate. 

32 minutes ago, z909 said:

even putting 300 on the table to initiate a competition amongst several bar boys.   I have no interest in that.     However, it might serve as a equivalent comparison for the 10 minutes activity described in the opening post.

In other words, what's the most I wrangle out of you guys for my 300?

38 minutes ago, z909 said:

Sitting with him in the bar for 10 minutes, sucking his cock and him not cumming is nowhere near equivalent to the level of service received on a short-time off, or the time spent.   So I don't think the tip should be equivalent either.

You left out the part about 20 minutes of deep kissing. Is there a special rate you can recommend for that?

43 minutes ago, z909 said:

Many of us are from high labour cost countries, so rather than a minimum wage of 330 baht per day, it's over 330 baht per hour.  As professionals, many have probably been earning quite a lot more than this.  It follows that our expectations will be very different & are not at all relevant.   Other than for keeping it in perspective.  

When we are in Thailand, the average or median rate for a job should be considering Thai rates, not Swiss rates.   

Once we have established the average rate, we can then decide if increasing or decreasing the tip is appropriate. 

They are professionals because they accept money. Fine. But lets not lose sight that we're professional "johns" because the transaction would be impossible without our active participation.

And you suggest that we should consider the average minimum wage in Thailand when computing compensation. This may come as a  complete shock, but the average laborer in Thailand doesn't routinely deep kiss and get sucked by johns in public in the course of a day's work.

2 hours ago, forrestreid said:

You seem to think that discussing the issue of the going rate for sex providers dispassionately makes one a bad person or something, Reader, a slightly unusual viewpoint for somebody who has over 4,000 posts on this particular message board, I would have thought.

I never said "bad". You're the first one to suggest that.

And how does the fact that I've posted 4k times relate to this discussion?

32 minutes ago, reader said:

You left out the part about 20 minutes of deep kissing. Is there a special rate you can recommend for that?

Of course I left it out, since that was a different customer.

32 minutes ago, reader said:

And you suggest that we should consider the average minimum wage in Thailand when computing compensation. This may come as a  complete shock, but the average laborer in Thailand doesn't routinely deep kiss and get sucked by johns in public in the course of a day's work.

The average freelancer trading on the apps is suitably compensated by getting between 3 and 6 times the daily rate of a labourer, for one hour's short time.  

The guy in the opening post received more than the minimum daily wage for having his cock sucked for 10 minutes.      

These MB rates make sense by comparison with Thai labour rates.  

Also, Vessey's advice based on real experience in the Sunee bars is far more helpful than some daft comparison with what westerners would expect to charge for such services.  

10 minutes ago, z909 said:

These MB rates make sense by comparison with Thai labour rates.

Using the minimum wage as the basis for compensation for the highly personal nature of providing sexual services makes no sense whatsoever to me.

For the record, I believe that Olddaddy was attempting to be fair in how much he paid the young man. What I find disappointing is that he felt concerned about over paying and violating some vague limitations people refer to in Pattaya. I think people should feel free to pay as much as they wish without fear or favor.

1 hour ago, reader said:

Using the minimum wage as the basis for compensation for the highly personal nature of providing sexual services makes no sense whatsoever to me.

As everyone else can see, I'm quite clearly referring to multiples of the daily minimum wage for 10~60 minutes work.    

So don't twist what I'm saying.   

Just in case you can't do the maths, getting 1500 baht for an hours prostitution is over 30 times the hourly rate on the Thai minimum wage and getting 500 for 10 minutes is an even higher multiple.

1 hour ago, reader said:

For the record, I believe that Olddaddy was attempting to be fair in how much he paid the young man. What I find disappointing is that he felt concerned about over paying and violating some vague limitations people refer to in Pattaya.

For a proper record, lets compare with what Olddaddy said.

9 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

How much is a tip that's not under or over

He's clearly looking to neither over pay nor under pay, which is perfectly reasonable behaviour.    

Are you intending to twist what everyone says today in order to attack them ?    

19 minutes ago, z909 said:

Just in case you can't do the maths, getting 1500 baht for an hours prostitution is over 30 times the hourly rate on the Thai minimum wage and getting 500 for 10 minutes is an even higher multiple.

You're quite fond of tossing around "prostitution". Is that your way of characterizing the boys so it's easier to think of them in as a commodity? What do you care if they earn 1500 of 15,000. What business is it of yours? You speak of multiples as if you were evaluating a prospective stock buy. Start thinking of them as humans and not numbers to be acquired for the lowest price.

27 minutes ago, z909 said:

Are you intending to twist what everyone says today in order to attack them ?    

You're doing an adequate job of attacking yourself. You don't need my help.

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I tipped 500 ,bought him a drink,sucked his dick around 10 minutes 

If he's on stage next time you go in the bar, do let us know what his response is.   My guess is he will be almost inviting himself to sit next to you.  

Don't be put off by the trolling on this thread.     It's perfectly reasonable to ask what the expected tip is.      

Neither underpaying nor overpaying, but finding a sweet spot where both parties think they have a fair deal.    Get this right and he leaves with a big smile and will soon be chasing you for more business.