Connery43

How Many Days In Colombia?

• Members

This will be my first trip to Colombia.

Your suggestions on how many days to spend in Bogota, how many in Medellin.....and then how many in another city...would be appreciated.

I like architecture and museums - but I primarily there for the hot guys.

Thanks!!

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

Mmmmhh... I wonder whether a soteropolitano would agree with this statement.

Jajaja Carnival in Barranquilla is a BIG deal with the crowd at the main event reaching 3MM people. It is recognized generally as #2 after Carnival in Rio de Janeiro.

https://www.newyorklatinculture.com/barranquilla-carnival/

Events go on for a week in total with different parties (burritos in local slang) (including a gay dance party) finishing with the big parade. The entire city is jammed (similar to Rio) with partying crowds going all out. There are some folkloric elements to Baranquilla's carnival (like this guy below) and also nods to colonialism and slavery unique to this event.

The entire city sells out during Carnival so there are shuttle buses from Cartagena that run 24 hours during the major days. Nice way to visit then go home to get some rest and quiet :)

Carnival.jpg

The destination of my first (of 4) trip to Colombia was the carnival in Brnqlla. Not that Mcdaddi needs support from me, but I too rcmnd visiting there (in February of course).

I wld also add to the list - Cano Crystales, a unique phenomena of multi-colored river water. However, no hot guys there.