Olddaddy

Where are the cheapest Gay4pay countries?

14 hours ago, zsolec said:

Philippines:  I have few gay friends in Manila, they introduced me to straight boys hunting on the streets. Certain areas of the city the boys are hanging around in the night and as we walked by the negotiation started. Then I had a chance to choose any boys I wanted. My friends knew short stay cheap hotels and remember it was around 5 usd for the boys and I was told not to pay more to keep the local business running. Probably it was the cheapest sex I ever paid for and I was gladly walking around the streets every night. 

Are we talking about many, many years ago...? Or are the boys in Manila still that cheap? And I was thinking Thailand was already a bargain... Lol

No-in ASEAN TH is by far the most expensive-not just in the usual price, but also ratio of MB vs free guys. But it has the ease and ample supply-in the cities concerned. If you translate the usual fees into US$ or €, TH is up to double its neighbors. (except Singy of course).

I really liked this review of zsolec above-really agrees with my own experience-though a lot of it was quite some time ago by now.

But then Indonesia has much more to offer as just Bali an Jakarta (dirty city). Cities like Yogyakarta, Solo and Malang on Java are /were very good for finding happy meets on the street-free or a few 1000 ( the local money rupiah has very low value, 1€ is now like 14/15k) and even more on Sumatera in some of its big cities )which however have nothing of interest to a normal tourist). But that was way before the apps and sites and I also speak the lingo fairly fluent.

For me I travelled on the cheap like a bekpekker-not specifically aiming for the other goodies-but by then was always surprised at the ease and willingness of many guys you meet to step a little further.

7 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

Are we talking about many, many years ago...? Or are the boys in Manila still that cheap? And I was thinking Thailand was already a bargain... Lol

It was at least about 6 years ago. These boys are straight, they would do only 2 things, you can suck them and they could fuck you. Not all the boys are available, my friends were checking who wanted to make some money with sex and it was discussed publicly with the group but not all the boys were up for it. Sometimes I could not really choose because of the selection was lacking boys I like. I did not have a chance to go back in the last couple years  so can not confirm if this is still available but you need a local to help you. 

• Members
4 hours ago, zsolec said:

It was at least about 6 years ago. These boys are straight, they would do only 2 things, you can suck them and they could fuck you. Not all the boys are available, my friends were checking who wanted to make some money with sex and it was discussed publicly with the group but not all the boys were up for it. Sometimes I could not really choose because of the selection was lacking boys I like. I did not have a chance to go back in the last couple years  so can not confirm if this is still available but you need a local to help you. 

Your friend plays the role of a mamason for you.  But do you think you can negotiate a boy yourself without your friend's help?

18 minutes ago, scott456 said:

Your friend plays the role of a mamason for you.  But do you think you can negotiate a boy yourself without your friend's help?

I used mostly the apps last month when I was in the Philippines.

But all the boys speak English there .

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Thailand is not cheap for sex if you count the Go Go bar drink prices, the boy off fees and even the guys wanting 3k for short time in some places .

Still not that difficult to find 1500 short time fun.

• Members
4 hours ago, scott456 said:

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I used mostly the apps last month when I was in the Philippines.

But all the boys speak English there .

I was not referring to the language.  I was referring to the ability to just go on the street, find and negotiate with boys.  Of course anybody can use the Apps nowadays, but I am sure you know there are problems with Apps meets by just looking at photos.

21 hours ago, scott456 said:

I don't think so. First, you need to know which part of Manila to find them. If I remember well these were local areas with high rise condominiums where plenty people live in a congested area. The next problem you could face that not all the boys speak English. If one of the boy helps you with the language then you need a place to do it, unless if you are willing to take it back to your hotel room. Lots of road blocks.

9 hours ago, zsolec said:

I don't think so. First, you need to know which part of Manila to find them. If I remember well these were local areas with high rise condominiums where plenty people live in a congested area. The next problem you could face that not all the boys speak English. If one of the boy helps you with the language then you need a place to do it, unless if you are willing to take it back to your hotel room. Lots of road blocks.

Everyone I met in the pH spoke English, especially the young ones .

If I had my time again there I would walk around see the shirtless boys ask them for a pic with me for 100 pesos and take it from there .

Plenty of guys 

Next year in all probability I will skip Thailand, too businesslike in terms of sex now ,and getting expensive 

Taiwan will probably top my list of visiting.

Haven't tried African countries yet 

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

Taiwan will probably top my list of visiting.

I love Taiwan. It's not only the beauty of the island as a whole, I find much to see in Taipei for a gay guy. The Red House in the centre is a great meeting place with its plethora of bars, cafes, restaurants and gay-related shops. Not that you are kikely to make friends there as Taiwanese tend to go out in groups. But there are other bars - even a leather bar with a very dark room and often shows - saunas, massage spas and one of my favourite attractions the hot springs developed by the Japanese mostly to the west of the city but easily accessible by the very efficient subway. One atracts mostly gay guys. Although there is rarely any action, you see many wonderfully toned young Taiwanese in all their glory walking between the pools and in the steam room (unlike Thais, Taiwanese have no issue walking around naked without covering their fronts). I have found chatting to some very easy, exchanged contact details with some  - and made two very good friends

The apps will be quite busy. Above all, I find Taiwan guys the most attractive and polite of all Chinese. It's such a pity that the borders remain closed due to covid. I was hoping they might open in time for the gay pride parade on the last Saturday in October but increasingly that seems unlikely. I have been to 7 of the Parades since 2011 and just love the atmosphere. Around 200,000 now attend, many from around the region. As with most similar Parades, there are official parties around the week-end.

Returning to my first point, a few years ago I took a 5-day round the island tour. The scenery is understandably very varied but also incredibly beautiful. Well worth the expense - and the apps are certainly far from inactive outside Taipei!

3 hours ago, Rick7235 said:

Anyone try any club in Singapore ? Any gogo bar in Singapore like those here in Bangkok ?

And is Singapore really that Expensive ? I asking as i am planning to make a trip there for holiday.. never been there yet .

Singapore still has the colonial British law Section 377A which prohibits sodomy - and which the government interprets as homosexuality. That's not to say there aren't lots of gays in Singapore or gay venues, but forget gogo bars. There are a few gay saunas and a few gay bars. There is no gay club but some mixed clubs  attract quite a few gay guys. I used to go to Zouk in the 1990s which was fun. I know it's still open but have not been since then.

Frankly, SIngapore is not really a gay destination unless you want to spend your time shopping and wandering around in high heat and humdity - although the subway is very extensive. The main shopping streets will have a lot of eye candy, but Singapore guys seem not to have a developed gaydar! As others have said, it's also expensive compared to most other Asian cities.

6 hours ago, Rick7235 said:

Anyone try any club in Singapore ? Any gogo bar in Singapore like those here in Bangkok ?

And is Singapore really that Expensive ? I asking as i am planning to make a trip there for holiday.. never been there yet .

I think PeterRS covered it well. I really like Singapore but it is the most humid place I have ever spent time. Great for your skin though! I find the people there to be extremely attractive. It's been a melting pot for a long time so there is a nice mix of people. They're quite body-conscious and the young men are required to do national service so they're pretty fit. From an eye candy perspective it's great. But can be a little frustrating.

It's more expensive than other places in SE Asia but I always found plenty to do that wasn't so expensive. For such a developed place there are nice parks. I want to explore more of the island some time as there is a good bit of nature there. The public transport network is quite extensive and ever-growing so it's easy to get around. 

12 hours ago, Rick7235 said:

Singapore is expensive compared to the nearby countries, however it is a destination you can make as cheap or expensive as you like - if you eat at hawker's centres it is relatively cheap (and on the other end of the spectrum there are many expensive restaurants also), and public transport I think was actually cheaper than Bangkok if I remember correctly. There are some gay saunas and massage places as well. I do like Singapore and hopefully I'll get some time to go visit again, rather than use it as a layover in between flights.