Olddaddy

Why not retire to Thailand?

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Ouch, you can tell you are from Boston.....this, along with "you's guys" .....co-workers ridiculed  me to death until I stopped using them 😆

"you's guys" was the patois of the North End and Eastie. You really didn't want to be caught speaking the King's English in either place. 😄

• Members
11 hours ago, scott456 said:

.  I can always visit Thailand, it is just a 13 hour flight away (business class).

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

I wonder how long flight in economy would be?

24 minutes ago, alvnv said:

I wouldn’t want to be on a plane that lands nose first 

Economy class is the same 13 hours.  What I meant was, I fly business class, and 13 hours in business class is not difficult for me at all.  That's why I say Thailand is only a 13 hour business class flight away.

I am so sorry some people react to business/economy class issue so strongly.

6 hours ago, scott456 said:

Economy class is the same 13 hours.  What I meant was, I fly business class, and 13 hours in business class is not difficult for me at all.  That's why I say Thailand is only a 13 hour business class flight away.

I am so sorry some people react to business/economy class issue so strongly.

Scott, don't take that personally , posters are just having a joke , and a bit of banter 👍😅

You must admit you found some of the posts funny too,the one where the front of the plane arrives first😂

No it's good fun , nothing personal 👍

56 minutes ago, floridarob said:

The copilot replies, "I told her the front half of the airplane wasn't going to Jamaica."

while just a joke  when come to airplanes it may prove true when comes to trains as sometimes different carriages are going to different destinations splitting somewhere on the way.

as for arrival at the same time I recall situation from Honolulu years ago when for some reason boarding for delayed  Melbourne bound flight was quite unruly with people crowing up instead of lining neatly.

Seeing what's going on,  desperate employee announced though loud speaker ' please line up as captain assures us all passengers will arrive at the same time".

It did the trick almost immediately with most of us hanging head low in bit of shame