PeterRS

Dame Olivia Newton-John R.I.P.

One of the biggest stars of the 1970s and beloved by milliuons for her performance with John Travolta in the movie "Grease" has died. Out of the limelight her life was beset by tragedies that she accepted and almost overcame, never losing the lustre of beauty and a lovely woman.

Twice she overcame breast cancer. She did not hide the diagnosis and shared her journey overcoming it with the world. After 2005 she was haunted for years by the disappearnace without trace of her boyfriend. He had gone on a fishing trip and never came back. As she told Larry King on his show a year later, "It's probably the hardest thing I have ever experienced, and I've been through a lot of things!" In September 2018 cancer hit her again, this time at the base of her spine. Again she showed amazing courage in facing up to it although it seems this may have resulted in her death.

I had the utter joy of working with her once in Hong Kong. And joy is absolutely the right word. She was so easy to work with, charming, fun to be with and clearly loving every minute of life. One of life's gorgeous ladies, taken from us aged 73.

Yes both Olivia Newton John & Judith Durham from The Seekers died this week.

Both from Cancer 😟

Terrible disease ,both my parents couldn't beat it either,I remember my Dad saying just like Olivia that he was going to beat it , I knew he never would, most times it comes back with a vegeance ,terrible terrible thing to fight 😭

I Ioved them both  singers although The Seekers were more 1960's , with my favourite song "Georgie Girl" & my favourite Olivia song was "Let's get physical 😊