Guest guest_BenG1000

First time Pattaya

Guest guest_BenG1000

Hey guys,

After having extensively explored the Bangkok bars, I decided it was time to visit Pattaya end of September.

Not sure what to expect, my friend says it can be a bit trashy but the boys are less maintenance than Bangkok guys and the tips are less. True?

From other posts I read that Winner might be worth a visit.

Anyhow, I'll happily receive any info.

Cheers

Ben yes, I prefer Pattaya as it's less "chaotic" ,but some guys on here just love the hustle & bustle of he City of Bangkok.

I think the Bangkok boys are more full time student types rather than the usually full time money boys of Pattaya.

Yes prices are usually cheaper in Pattaya ,of course depending where you shop at 

Nothing  much to add to vinapu's comprehensive (and accurate) post except to underline the fact that  the Jomtien Complex  is the only gay area left in Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok or Chiang Mai, where there is a real sense of vibrancy  comparable to that of the Good Old Days. 

And yes, Terminus 21 and Central have an array of restaurants at all prices that would  keep anyone happy. Predominantly Asian cuisines, of course.

Guest guest_BenG1000

Thank you everyone, much appreciated! Can't wait to visit in a few weeks.

Dragon was mentioned in previous posts, is it just a bar with a cabaret like show or is it also a gogo?

For some reason, after being in Thailand for a few days ... I end up craving a nice steak. I read Patrick's and Beefeater might be the place to be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, BenG1000 said:

Thank you everyone, much appreciated! Can't wait to visit in a few weeks.

Dragon was mentioned in previous posts, is it just a bar with a cabaret like show or is it also a gogo?

For some reason, after being in Thailand for a few days ... I end up craving a nice steak. I read Patrick's and Beefeater might be the place to be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Krazy Dragon? Long closed if that's the one?

4 hours ago, gerefan said:

I arrived in Pattaya this week for a short (4 week) visit.

On Saturday evening at about 10 pm I decided to give Boyztown a look over, as I haven’t seen it since the reopening after Covid. 

I decided to try 3 Gogo bars.

The first I visited was an old favourite Toyboys and I was greeted warmly by the Manager/Boss/ Owner, or whatever he is. Name Put or Pat.

There were in excess of 18 boys working all in underwear. Most if not all could be called Twinks. About 5 customers.

Unfortunately, I was then “greeted” by a male Mamasan. I recognised him from a few years ago. Bad news. He must have graduated top of the class from the “Pesky Mamasan” University. He wouldn’t leave me alone, sat beside me and demanded a drink. Ignoring him eventually did the trick but it must have taken 15 minutes, before he went to pester another customer. Nasty piece of work. 

I made 100% sure he was outside when it came to paying the bill. Only had one drink and decided enough was enough.

Next I went into BBB. Some boys on stage in full clothing and about 10 customers. I left without buying a drink.

Next I went round the corner to see how things were at Dreamboys. As I approached the door a guy went straight inside. Bad sign. I ŵas right and there were no customers and about 5 boys scrambling to get on the stage. I decided it was not for me sitting there alone.

As I was leaving BT I walked past A Bomb and so had a look inside. Again no customers. A few boys in underwear.

All rather disappointing for a Saturday evening between 10 and 11 pm.

I returned to Jomtien which was heaving! 

Thanks for the report. Keep us update !

Like Ben, I've never been to Pattaya and intend to visit (Nov). I went over Vinapu's post, and marked all the places on gglmps. Here comes my first batch of newbie questions.

1. Why r NiceBoys & others defined as Jometien Complex, when they r so far from it?

2. Given Gerefen's report (which reinforces Londoner's observation), why bother with Boyztown at all?

3. If indeed Jometien is all that's left and it's all about twinks, what do I do as a non twinks-oriented guy? 

4. According to gglmps, Sunee Plaza bar is "prmnntly clsd"....

5. Do I rmmbr crctly, that Dreamboys is the most promiscuous place, inclding patrons-boys sucking in pblc?

5 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Like Ben, I've never been to Pattaya and intend to visit (Nov). I went over Vinapu's post, and marked all the places on gglmps. Here comes my first batch of newbie questions.

1. Why r NiceBoys & others defined as Jometien Complex, when they r so far from it?

1. *Where*  are they defined as Jomtien? Nice Boys and Winner are both in Sunee (ok, NB is technically just outside, but it's at the entrance)

4. Sunee Plaza contains many bars. Not all are shown on Google. Some are closed, permanently or otherwise, but not all.

6 hours ago, 12is12 said:

2. Given Gerefen's report (which reinforces Londoner's observation), why bother with Boyztown at all?

3. If indeed Jometien is all that's left and it's all about twinks, what do I do as a non twinks-oriented guy? 

5. Do I rmmbr crctly, that Dreamboys is the most promiscuous place, inclding patrons-boys sucking in pblc?

1.Likely poor choice of words or lack or come where it should be. Winners and Nice Boys are like others said in Sunee

2.always go and see for yourself, why bother with Boyztown ? BoyzBoyzBOyz, ToyBoys, Castro, Picketty(spelling?- bar with host boys across BBB ), Scandic and Paradise massage, ABomb, Dreamboys and XBoys is your answer

3. Boyztown , massage places across the city and apps is your help

4.Google Maps lies

5. that would be Nice Boys. Is that really your thing watching patrons sucking boys in the bar ? You want be next to suck that boy right after previous buy finished? Live some fun for your room

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

( I should add that I use the word "guys" rather than the word "boys" which I'm sure many "Karen's" that read these forums would take meaning as something else,so I use the word "guys," rather than boys which to me people/Karen's could interpret as another meaning IE underage, hopefully many of you will follow suit rather than use that outdated word "boy" )🔵

I wouldn't be too inclined to worry about the "Karens" of the world. Judging by recent posts, us old timers have too many other pressing issues that concern us.

(BTW, I had no idea what the term referred to and had to look it up.)

1 hour ago, thaiophilus said:

4. Sunee Plaza contains many bars. Not all are shown on Google. Some are closed, permanently or otherwise, but not all.

“Sunny Plaza contains many bars”

Are you sure about that? Apart from the two Gogo bars (Winner and Nice Boys) there are perhaps only 2 or 3 other bars left. They are usually empty.

Compare that with Jomtien which now has almost 30 bars of various descriptions ranging from show bars to small stall type bars. 

It also has many good restaurants. Boyztown and Sunee both have none.

1 hour ago, reader said:

I wouldn't be too inclined to worry about the "Karens" of the world. Judging by recent posts, us old timers have too many other pressing issues that concern us.

You obviously don't watch TikTok 😂

39 minutes ago, gerefan said:

Are you sure about that? Apart from the two Gogo bars (Winner and Nice Boys) there are perhaps only 2 or 3 other bars left. They are usually empty.

Compare that with Jomtien which now has almost 30 bars of various descriptions ranging from show bars to small stall type bars. 

It also has many good restaurants. Boyztown and Sunee both have none.

All well & good but no go Go bars in jomtien complex where you can line the guys up and look at their balls 😊

1 hour ago, reader said:

And all this while, I was wondering why we're being morally policed by an ethnic minority of Myanmar, the Karens!

I will continue using the word "boys". Trying too hard to avoid doing so renders our speech stilted and artificial. In any case, remember the sitcom "Golden Girls"? Those girls were way older than our boys.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

5. that would be Nice Boys. Is that really your thing watching patrons sucking boys in the bar ? You want be next to suck that boy right after previous buy finished? Live some fun for your room

But some of us love the decadence, sitting there with a boys' cock in one hand and a beer in the other, taking it in turns to suck one then the other until both are finished/'finished' haha.  Makes my cock stir just thinking about it :) 

For the uninitiated, the definition of Karen  from the Slang Dictionary website:

Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors.

As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.

In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.

2 hours ago, gerefan said:

So even by your reckoning that's at least four or five functioning bars, empty or not.  I hope you'll agree that a bar with no customers is still a bar?

How big is "many", and is a bar that's closed still a bar? 😵