Guest guest_BenG1000

First time Pattaya

3 hours ago, kokopelli 2 said:

All I know of Dragon Man Club is what is on Facebook. Sorry .

I was in jomtien complex last month,I didn't see this place,I believe it's closed down.

6 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

I see. But that's only half the question. According to Immanuel Kant, is a closed bar still a bar? 😕

according to his Critique of Pure Reason, chapter 14, paragraph 27, verse 6

" if bar is closed for the day it's still a bar , if it's closed permanently is not a bar anymore "

I last went to Sunee Plaza in March and will give it another (final) try while I am here now.

To give some perspective even the motor bike taxi driver cautioned/queried why I wanted to go down such a long and dark soi. 

It is certainly not worth coming to Pattaya or even Thailand (!) just to sample it. A new visitor definately needs to ensure he does his homework re. BT and Jomtien to avoid a serious disappointment.

1 minute ago, gerefan said:

I last went to Sunee Plaza in March and will give it another (final) try while I am here now.

To give some perspective even the motor bike taxi driver cautioned/queried why I wanted to go down such a long and dark soi. 

It is certainly not worth coming to Pattaya or even Thailand (!) just to sample it. A new visitor definately needs to ensure he does his homework re. BT and Jomtien to avoid a serious disappointment.

I don't understand what your trying to say? You mean walking down the long dark Soi re safety reasons ?

21 minutes ago, gerefan said:

Exactly. I was on a motor bike taxi and the driver was being cautious. 

Oh ok ,well I walked all around Sunee at night last month and had no problem,I even walked and lurked around that Soi that was opposite the old Le Cage /Mike's bar.

I think people seem to be wary of me with my long beard and beanie on😅walking in a dark Soi .I'm relatively big guy with long beard so I may not appear weak and frail 

I was more concerned of motorbikes driving fast past me than people 

I was a bit cautious in Walking Street however particularly on a weekend night with a lot of drunk young farangs around , thankfully it wasn't too busy,but one only has to bump into these young farang guys and next thing they want to fight 

But of course like anywhere you need to have your wits about you,  I tend to be aware of my surroundings and what's up ahead,if I see some drunk guys or something I cross the road.

THe Philippines particularly Manila I had to have my wits about me and be aware and confident .

You can always buy pepper spray as well from the market shop near Boyztown .

I know this was an unpopular view on another forum but one of the reasons why Sunee became a dark, depressing and near-deserted area a few years ago , was the closure of the shisha bars. They'd added colour and vibrancy (harmlessly to us, I hasten to add|)  but for some- not on this board- their very presence  was an affront.

I know it wasn't a gay forum that finished Sunee  but let's just say it didn't exactly help to keep the area alive. " Be not deceived....as ye sow so shall ye reap."

15 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I know this was an unpopular view on another forum but one of the reasons why Sunee became a dark, depressing and near-deserted area a few years ago , was the closure of the shisha bars. They'd added colour and vibrancy (harmlessly to us, I hasten to add|)  but for some- not on this board- their very presence  was an affront.

I know it wasn't a gay forum that finished Sunee  but let's just say it didn't exactly help to keep the area alive. " Be not deceived....as ye sow so shall ye reap."

Let's face it , there's not another gay farang nowadays to keep a lot of separate gay areas in Pattaya 

Less gay people paying for sex, more areas in the world to visit etc .to be honest I see even less gay bars in the Future 

There's becoming less and less, most of the old timers have died off .

Different farang generation coming along 

3 hours ago, gerefan said:

not to dispute what you said but keep in mind any newcomer looks at the places with different set of eyes than almost domesticated multiple times visitors.

we may yawn at Winners or Nice Boys but for somebody being first time is such a place if may still cause premature ejaculation just by peeking  inside. When I first time saw sign' Boy bar" walking  Suriwong all those years ago my pulse was at last deafening 120 and I did not come from specially restricted place when comes to those things but still.

14 hours ago, aussie_ said:

I worry more about the boy's cock being in his girlfriend's pussy just before going to work at Nice Boys 55

Recently, one of them even told me as much. I asked how many times he cums in one day. He said average 3 times at NB and 2 times with girlfriend. Odds are good, you're right to be worried, assuming he's telling the truth.

1 hour ago, thaiophilus said:

Agreed. Except that "crime of any kind" includes dangerous driving, of course...

liking Bangkok I'm not any expert on Pattaya and even less on Sunee but truth must be told, while hearing about Arabs racing their bikes through Sunee I never experienced it by myself. Crossing 2nd road is more dangerous as far as I'm concerned

Hijacking this thread about Pattaya sorry, but I am in the planning stages of a Pattaya trip soon and looking for hotel options. As I try to quickly requalify for American Airlines Exec Platinum Status for 2023, I wanted to use Rocketmiles.com to book my hotel that will enable me to get the Loyalty Points I need to get me over the line to get over 200,000 points. (Background here for the curious: https://thepointsguy.com/news/rocketmiles-vs-booking-direct/)

Using this website does limit my options, and if I was wanting to stay within sane walkable distance from Boyztown Pattaya, it looks like I have 3 main choices:

PTYHotel.thumb.png.0bedb3d3521f70a12ba1905e7591444c.png

$43/night - Baywalk Residence (1500 miles)

$44/night - Aya Boutique Hotel (2000 miles)

$83/night - Avani Pattaya Resort (2500 miles)

Anyone have any insight on any of these three hotels?  I have stayed at the Baywalk and Aya before, but this was 2015-2016 time, so things may have changed since then. I am curious about the Avani Resort, pricier and arguably the least miles for the buck, but I wouldn't mind a little bit of luxury if its worth it. Obviously the joiner situation needs to be liberal. 

Thanks!