Guest guest_BenG1000

First time Pattaya

1 hour ago, Shonen said:

He came towards me and asked/demanded 100 baht. He sounded desperate, this was during the worst of the pandemic and he was probably hungry. He wasn’t a thief, just another Thai in need. As I gave him it a couple of motorbike taxi men laughed at the situation. 

Probably because he asks every farang ! 

11 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Since I'm drawn to inspect the more promiscuous conduct in Nice Boys, this description of its vicinity is quite depressing.... )-:

don't be scared or depressed , just go there and you will like it. Never had any problems even taking dark shortcuts by the Hindu/Sikh temple

11 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Since I'm drawn to inspect the more promiscuous conduct in Nice Boys, this description of its vicinity is quite depressing.... )-:

Sunee Plaza was busy tonight with 4 bars open (Winner, Rainbow, One, Green) with patrons in all the bars. New overhead lighting helped to brighten up the area. A pleasant surprise!  But no go-go boys in "uniform" at Winner.

6 hours ago, BenG1000 said:

Can you have dinner in Boyztown? Would love to see the place come alive and see the boys arrive.

not until Ambiance opens their restaurant if at all. Have dinner somewhere else and than enjoy your drink in one of Boyztown bars watching what you desire

Forget about sunee plaza its a nightmare getting there & their is about 2 hundred idiot arab kids on motor bykes just mindlessly going back & forwards up the same street they have killed tourists in this soi a few times, it was the worse expierence of my life, the police pretend to make arrests every year, but it has been going on their for 10 years, the locals are furious. No matter what anyone says avoid it., honest facts, look it up on google arab kids pattaya arrests the latest this month.

When i went to pattaya in late july it was empty boystown 5 boys usually in 3 bars and no one dancing, very old boys, jontiem complex was better, my best trick was on gayromeo in pattaya, pattaya is dead on its feet it has been completely taken over by indians and arabs all around boy bar areas.

10 hours ago, BenG1000 said:

Can you have dinner in Boyztown? Would love to see the place come alive and see the boys arrive.

Nope. No restaurants in Boyztown.

Try Jomtien if you want to eat in a gay area. It has at least 5 full blown restaurants and many bars which do food as well as drinks. Times have certainly changed. 

10 hours ago, RobinHood said:

Forget about sunee plaza its a nightmare getting there & their is about 2 hundred idiot arab kids on motor bykes just mindlessly going back & forwards up the same street 

that's too catastrophic.

Getting to Sunee is easy and while complaints about Arab racers abound I personally never had any problems with them running me over or something

Guest guest_BenG1000
11 hours ago, RobinHood said:

When i went to pattaya in late july it was empty boystown 5 boys usually in 3 bars and no one dancing, very old boys, jontiem complex was better, my best trick was on gayromeo in pattaya, pattaya is dead on its feet it has been completely taken over by indians and arabs all around boy bar areas.

Yikes, that doesn't bode well for me. We're almost 2 months later, I hope things have started to pick up again.

Otherwise, off to Bangkok I go ...

Forget about sunee plaza its a nightmare getting there & their is about 2 hundred idiot arab kids on motor bykes just mindlessly going back & forwards up the same street they have killed tourists in this soi a few times, it was the worse expierence of my life, the police pretend to make arrests every year, but it has been going on their for 10 years, the locals are furious. No matter what anyone says avoid it., honest facts, look it up on google arab kids pattaya arrests the latest this month.

My experience is that the motorcy traffic getting to Sunee is no worse than any major road in Pattaya. In the Plaza itself, where Winner Bar, One Bar, Rainbow Bar are located, there are gates which prevent traffic from cruising through that area. There is however, traffic on the soi where Nice Boys is located.

I was in Pattaya during July and had an enjoyable time having a boy in my bed most nights. Getting to Sunee was no problem by walking or taking a motor bike taxi, where I offed boys from Winner, taking them back to Boystown where I had a nice stay in the Ambiance. Bringing boys there from The Complex was also easy, helped by the quieter roads in that period. As you mentioned checking the websites Romeo and Grindr produced good results.

14 hours ago, RobinHood said:

pattaya is dead on its feet it has been completely taken over by indians and arabs all around boy bar areas.

I was in Pattaya last week. You can read about my Boyztown visits here and here in my trip report. 

Off course it's (still) not how it was before covid (and I doubt I will ever be again...). But same can be said for Bangkok, Phuket and other places. 

Pattaya is not dead at all. Still more than enough fun can be found. 

About Indians and Arabs: in the area around Boyztown (let's say Pattaya City) they indeed are biggest part of the visitors at the moment. But in Boyztown itself (and Jomtien) you hardly see them. 

Same for Phuket where I am now : many Indians everywhere, expect for in the gay street.... Lol

2 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

I was in Pattaya last week. You can read about my Boyztown visits here and here in my trip report. 

Off course it's (still) not how it was before covid (and I doubt I will ever be again...). But same can be said for Bangkok, Phuket and other places. 

Pattaya is not dead at all. Still more than enough fun can be found. 

About Indians and Arabs: in the area around Boyztown (let's say Pattaya City) they indeed are biggest part of the visitors at the moment. But in Boyztown itself (and Jomtien) you hardly see them. 

Same for Phuket where I am now : many Indians everywhere, expect for in the gay street.... Lol

Boyztown was already quiet before COVID. I’m not sure about high season because I’ve never been, but in low season it’s been quiet every time I’ve visited. When I was there in august, on a Saturday night, it was actually the busiest I’ve ever seen it. Every seat in BoysBoysBoys was taken. (However, there were also quite a few women). That said it was quiet all other nights.

Jomtien Complex is a little livelier but it’s unbearably loud for me. The bars there have an ongoing loudness war. The drag shows there are also insanely loud, as in hearing damage loud. I wouldn’t go without ear protection. (I know Thai bars are loud in general, Jomtien was even loud by Thai standards)

In Boystown there are a lot of older boys right now, but there’s still a few younger cute ones to be found if that’s what you’re looking for. BoyzBoyzBoyz still has at least 4-5 very handsome muscular guys to choose from. Also one, not so handsome in the face, but extremely buff bodybuilder guy if that’s your thing. He’s also a lot friendlier than he looks, and he speaks good English.

If you’re still deciding where to go in Thailand however, I would say that the scene is better in Bangkok right now. All the go to bars there are quite lively, with a large selection of boys to choose from.

5 hours ago, Im23XXzz said:

. Also one, not so handsome in the face, but extremely buff bodybuilder guy if that’s your thing. He’s also a lot friendlier than he looks, and he speaks good English.

I 'm under impression I know who you are talking about and if I'm right I can only confirm first had your observations. Well build everywhere I add.

On 9/17/2022 at 5:46 PM, RobinHood said:

" they have killed tourists in this soi a few times" "the police pretend to make arrests"

I think you're over-dramatizing. Many of the regular posters on this forum have a long and intimate acquaintance with Pattaya and their reports don't match what you are saying or indeed my own experience.

I took your advice and Googled and yes, The Pattaya News has a number of recent articles reporting where the police have indeed made a number of arrests recently. As for "killed tourists" the only ones I found were riding the motorcycles, not innocent bystanders.

7 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

" they have killed tourists in this soi a few times" "the police pretend to make arrests"

I think you're over-dramatizing. Many of the regular posters on this forum have a long and intimate acquaintance with Pattaya and their reports don't match what you are saying or indeed my own experience.

I took your advice and Googled and yes, The Pattaya News has a number of recent articles reporting where the police have indeed made a number of arrests recently. As for "killed tourists" the only ones I found were riding the motorcycles, not innocent bystanders.

In July when I was In Sunee walking about I may have seen 2 such motorbikes.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:05 AM, kokopelli 2 said:

Sunee Plaza was busy tonight with 4 bars open (Winner, Rainbow, One, Green) with patrons in all the bars. New overhead lighting helped to brighten up the area. A pleasant surprise!  But no go-go boys in "uniform" at Winner.

I always wonder if Sunee will ever come back ,or it designed for redevelopment.

I guess in probality it will either be a shopping mall or new Condos in 10 years or so