Guest guest_BenG1000

First time Pattaya

17 hours ago, Im23XXzz said:

Boyztown was already quiet before COVID. I’m not sure about high season because I’ve never been, but in low season it’s been quiet every time I’ve visited. When I was there in august, on a Saturday night, it was actually the busiest I’ve ever seen it. Every seat in BoysBoysBoys was taken. (However, there were also quite a few women). That said it was quiet all other nights.

Jomtien Complex is a little livelier but it’s unbearably loud for me. The bars there have an ongoing loudness war. The drag shows there are also insanely loud, as in hearing damage loud. I wouldn’t go without ear protection. (I know Thai bars are loud in general, Jomtien was even loud by Thai standards)

In Boystown there are a lot of older boys right now, but there’s still a few younger cute ones to be found if that’s what you’re looking for. BoyzBoyzBoyz still has at least 4-5 very handsome muscular guys to choose from. Also one, not so handsome in the face, but extremely buff bodybuilder guy if that’s your thing. He’s also a lot friendlier than he looks, and he speaks good English.

If you’re still deciding where to go in Thailand however, I would say that the scene is better in Bangkok right now. All the go to bars there are quite lively, with a large selection of boys to choose from.

I know exactly what you mean when you say it's too loud, some bars in jomtien play loud music opposite each other , 

But you know the saying when we were young, "If it's too loud ,your too old ! 😂

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I always wonder if Sunee will ever come back ,or it designed for redevelopment.

I guess in probality it will either be a shopping mall or new Condos in 10 years or so 

It won't . the current gay generation aren't coming and the older ones who came in big numbers are slowly disappearing first gone the gay bars at soi day-night area then Sunnee plaza ,Boyz Town is in slow decline .only left Jomtien Complex. 

4 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

It won't . the current gay generation aren't coming and the older ones who came in big numbers are slowly disappearing first gone the gay bars at soi day-night area then Sunnee plazaz ,Boyz Town is in slow decline .only left Jomtien Complex. 

Your very right , some would disagree with us however 

But I can't see the next generation doing the same now, even it's different 20 years ago ,

The latest arrests of arab kids in their hundreds going down sunee plaza main road was last month, this is a fact it was all over the news in july i was never so terrified in my life, it was like going down a motor bike race track with no pavements.

& multiple tourists have been injured & killed by these lunatic kids also facts, as for posters saying they were not affected well if you go on foot in the evening you would be. There are thousands of news reports on this problem.

Boystown has always been my favourite in 20 years i have never been to jontien, but even i had to go there because of the lean pickins in boystown, look lady bars are busy as hell from what i seen, but boys town is empty and arabs and indians are buying all the property here, this is not racism, the problem is they do not frequent gay bars as a race, so they are a minus to the area when they are dominating the streets around boys town, & i forsee violence from these arabs to the gay community there soon if thai businesses keep moving out. I love thailand i lived here for 22 years in bangkok, pattaya used to be the best for bars now bangkok is.

Please be honest in reports here i feel i wasted my time going to sunee based on inaccurate info here on winners boy, nice boys they were both no good, winners was empty with 3 kids sitting with their clothes on a table outside, nice boys had 4 old guys on the stage, and to get there was a nightmare 30 minutes of dodging hundreds of arab motorbike kids & none of them have driving licences, i think you have expat bar owners at sunee promoting this area in this forum, hence the biased comments.

In 22 years of living here this was the worst & most scary time in thailand going down that soi at sunee, for gods sake take a cab if you need to go there.

• Members
16 minutes ago, RobinHood said:

Please be honest in reports here i feel i wasted my time going to sunee based on inaccurate info here on winners boy, nice boys they were both no good, winners was empty with 3 kids sitting with their clothes on a table outside, nice boys had 4 old guys on the stage, and to get there was a nightmare 30 minutes of dodging hundreds of arab motorbike kids & none of them have driving licences, i think you have expat bar owners at sunee promoting this area in this forum, hence the biased comments.

In 22 years of living here this was the worst & most scary time in thailand going down that soi at sunee, for gods sake take a cab if you need to go there.

I was last in Pattaya about 5 years ago. I went to Sunee once. If you were into pubescent, tattooed anorexics you would have thought you’d have died and gone to heaven. I like men.

On 9/17/2022 at 4:13 PM, BenG1000 said:

Can you have dinner in Boyztown?

I believe you can still eat meals at the outside tables of Ambiance and Le Cafe Royale, where you can order off the hotels' restaurant menus. There used to be a place called Amor. If you're looking down the soi at Panorama, Amor was the next shop over to the right. It was run by an old Western man who had retired from the restaurant industry back home, moved to Pattaya and decided to open a dinner spot in Boyztown. The food was usually excellent. And it was definitely part of the Boyztown experience. Some tables had couples, a Western dude and a young Thai man, neither really knowing what to say to the other. Other tables had foursomes, with the two Western guys having their own conversation and their Thai boyfriends having another. Across the soi, right in front of that side of BBB, was a food cart where a lot of the go-go dancers from the various bars would eat their dinner before starting the night. It was quite a contrast. On one side of the street were foreigners spending 500 baht on lavish dinners. A few meters away, the entertainers were spending less than 50 baht for their dinners. A lot of kids would come by trying to sell gum or cigarettes or even offering to shine your shoes. Mahouts would bring elephants by. As the evening progressed and the bars started to open, the street's lights would come one and the guys from BBB would put on a mini pageant to welcome customers. Some of the other bars had similar opening ceremonies.

So, yeah, have a meal there. Watch the street come alive. Just make sure you time it right.

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

But I can't see the next generation doing the same now, even it's different 20 years ago

I think today's young gay travelers save their money for big events where they can meet each other and show off to one another, like Taipei's Halloween gay pride weekend and Bangkok's White Party every New Year and the SK parties every Songkran. I've never actually counted, and I don't know how to estimate crowd sizes, but the Bangkok events seemed to be attracting more than 10,000 young Asian gay men before COVID. I've also been to big nightclub events in Taipei that are equally massive and wild.

I can't describe how exciting these events are. In a previous post I wrote about a Thai friend who used to go to the SK parties with me. I remember the first one. We were both so in awe of the event hall's luxurious trappings -- it was held on the 31st floor of a building behind Central World. It was a long way from where we met in Sunee Plaza. We were both floored by all the chiseled young bodies in the crowd. We both loved the music, loved dancing to it, loved taking cigarette breaks on a veranda that, well, I wanna say had a beautiful view but the view was actually of a slum. Still, being outside 31 floors up was quite a thrill.

For the next six months it was all we could talk about. We couldn't wait for Songkran to roll around again.

But these parties are completely different experiences from those on offer around Silom or anywhere in Pattaya. You're not going to have the opportunity to "off" anyone if you go to these events. In fact, there's very little sexual tension. Most of the guys come in groups. Most are in their 20s, and most are there to show off their beautifully chiseled bodies. So much eye candy, but I never see these young gay travelers in Bangkok at any other time of the year.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, BenG1000 said:

Can you have dinner in Boyztown? Would love to see the place come alive and see the boys arrive.

You can order food from a food cart in Boyztown (near Panorama) and, I believe, from another source that will bring food to your table, but this would not be considered a "dinner"  as it once was. There are a few restaurants in nearby sois such as Sue's Mexican and Lewinsky's plus a few Indian restaurants. 

3 hours ago, RobinHood said:

& multiple tourists have been injured & killed by these lunatic kids also facts, as for posters saying they were not affected well if you go on foot in the evening you would be. There are thousands of news reports on this problem.

If there are thousands of news reports, why don't you cite them?

Boystown has always been my favourite in 20 years i have never been to jontien, but even i had to go there because of the lean pickins in boystown, look lady bars are busy as hell from what i seen, but boys town is empty and arabs and indians are buying all the property here, this is not racism, the problem is they do not frequent gay bars as a race, so they are a minus to the area when they are dominating the streets around boys town, & i forsee violence from these arabs to the gay community there soon if thai businesses keep moving out. I love thailand i lived here for 22 years in bangkok, pattaya used to be the best for bars now bangkok is.

In this post it's Arabs and Indians. in another it's Vietnamese. You seem to harbor a hell of a lot of prejudice.

You claim to have lived in Pattaya for 22 years yet you still rely on posts to find your way around town? And you accuse other members for being less than honest? And in those 22 years you only joined the board last Saturday?

4 hours ago, RobinHood said:

i think you have expat bar owners at sunee promoting this area in this forum, hence the biased comments.

Really? Perhaps you could name them so in future we won't be swayed by their biased comments.

And "to get there was a nightmare 30 minutes" ? Via where? Sunee is all of 270 metres from the VC hotel on Pattaya Sai 2.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/23/over-30-middle-eastern-allleged-motorbike-racers-arrested-in-pattaya-last-night/

https://thepattayanews.com/2019/07/06/police-arrest-and-fine-multiple-young-arab-nationals-for-racing-motorbikes-in-pattaya/

As you see from the links you will see the chaos in pattaya, i live in thailand i  am not a tourist, so i have some grasp of what goes on here. These arrests have been going on for 10 years & tourists have been injured & killed by bykers at the sunee entrance road.

"In this post it's Arabs and Indians. in another it's Vietnamese. You seem to harbor a hell of a lot of prejudice. "

I know of no muslims who promote homesexuality, everthing they say about gay people is negative including muslims knighted by the Queen in the UK, thats a basic fact.

Homosexuals are hanged in  many muslim countries so don't play the racist card, indians, never seen 1 in a gay bar in my entire lifetime there culture is nagative to gays too, so if they  both cultures by up all the businesses in pattaya near boystown is that positive or minus??????????

Of course any sane gay person wants cultures & races that respect gay people living near by, thai people are deeply respectful  of gay people, muslims are not neither are indians, yes i want thai people living there i came to thailand to  live not iran to live.

Covid caused a vacumn the thai authorities filled it with muslims and indians in pattaya & there only based in Boystown & sunee the 2 gay areas, i would rather thais moved back.

I also have a singaporean partner & i am white so stop calling me a racist, i  am dead against cultures that hang gay people including children which are muslim ones. As for vietnam i said i met wonderful viet guys in the UK studying there, however the boys working in the bars in thailand are very bad, a fact verified by numerous mammasuns.

2 hours ago, Shonen said:

Robinhood must be a troll. I won’t even repost anything he wrote. Does he even know where Sunnee plaza is? I doubt it.

He claims it takes 30 minutes to reach Sunnee, he must be using a walker. It’s a five minute walk and he’s certainly exaggerating about the Arab motor bikes.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/23/over-30-middle-eastern-allleged-motorbike-racers-arrested-in-pattaya-last-night/

https://thepattayanews.com/2019/07/06/police-arrest-and-fine-multiple-young-arab-nationals-for-racing-motorbikes-in-pattaya/

Apparently the TV stations & mewspapers are trolling the same information  i am too, please stick with facts not fantasy, i am from the UK we don't tell  porkies, i am aware many who post here own bars in sunee but stop telling lies to people.

2 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

Really? Perhaps you could name them so in future we won't be swayed by their biased comments.

And "to get there was a nightmare 30 minutes" ? Via where? Sunee is all of 270 metres from the VC hotel on Pattaya Sai 2.

It feels like a lifetime when you trying to look front, left, right, and behind while walking just to dodge hundreds of idiot arabs on bikes the time was to go there and back, you could not pay me a million to go back there. Every thai business is closed or leaving that soi they have all had enough, maybe you know more than them too. Thais are complaining in there hundreds about these idiots for years no one wants to live there any more.

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/bike-racing-tourists-arrested-in-south-pattaya

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2374876/foreign-street-racers-arrested-in-pattaya

https://pattayaone.news/fine-multiple-young-arab-nationals/

Sunee plaza is a race track for arab kids with no licenses so if they injure you, your stuck with the hospital bills, most of them are in thailand illegally too. Don't listen to bar owners in the sunee area praising there venues, i have been there its a nightmare & i listened to their nonsense 3 months ago. i only learned about the crazy arabs thier high on bikes when i went there. I learned the hard way, stick to jontien or boystown.

Just now, vinapu said:

Well regarded source of unbiased information you forgot to add

Very simply next time your in any thai gogo bar in bangkok ask Mammason about vietnam boys do they offer good service compared to thais or laos or cambodia, all of there answers are the same the best are thai or laos boys & in my 22years of living here i would say exactly the same, laos & thais 100% the best, vietnam the worst by far 0% service, cambodia 70% service, cambodia boys are friendly but service is not as good.

According to Pattaya Police, nearly all the suspects arrested had no license, insurance, registration, tax, helmet, or other requirements to legally drive in Thailand. Pattaya Police noted they are also working on identifying the rental shops renting to these foreign tourists to hold them responsible for renting vehicles without verifying the driver is legal and understands road laws in Thailand.

The quote, above, is from one of the linked news articles.  Chaos is not a description universally agreed to, but I haven't been present when the incidents occurred.  However, the way to put a stop to this is to concentrate on the rental shops and shutting-down those who've rented the equipment in violation of regulations.

3 minutes ago, Mavica said:

The quote, above, is from one of the linked news articles.  Chaos is not a description universally agreed to, but I haven't been present when the incidents occurred.  However, the way to put a stop to this is to concentrate on the rental shops and shutting-down those who've rented the equipment in violation of regulations.

"all the suspects arrested had no license, insurance, registration, tax, helmet, or other requirements to legally drive in Thailand."

well i would define this very statement as chaos, hundreds of kids on bikes, tourists being injured 1 report of a russian killed in 1 of these links, most of these arabs are in thailand illegally, if you wind up in hospital because of them the chaos of trying to get anyone to pay your hospital bill other than yourself would be the definition of chaos.

I would not take a free house on that street its a glorified race track for hundreds of high as a kite kids on bikes, both me and my friend were furious at being trapped their for what seemed a eternity.