12is12

Farang fraternising?

Hi Guys,

Do mmbrs of this forum fraternise when in Thailand, or is anonymity the rule?

I dont rmmbr reading here reports, that included any interaction btw ourselves.

For example: when seating in venues, do u always seat only with the boys, even though there r other farangs who might b nice company?

When I'll visit Pattaya in Nov, will I b able to meet vetrans, if only for guidance? Drinks on me.....

I have met a couple of the members from here for a beer or two but generally I like to socialize with the locals, after all I travel there to see and experience the country and all its pleasures (those massage boys are a real pleasure😋). I don't mind meeting the members for a quick drink and to say hello but then it's off for some fun.  

When going to Bangkok or Pattaya, I will post my dates in the forum and ask if anyone will be in town when I am in Thailand.  While the number of members I've met doesn't total near as many as @vinapu, it is enough to have made for many interactions, some looking for spies at now gone Madrid pizza.  It's been fun to be with @vinapu and @spoon as they tend to look for companions slightly different than my searches.

I have met quite a few members from the 3 gay boards in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai over the years.

Apart from the now deceased Neal, they have been very enjoyable encounters. We've shared meals, met over coffee, gone to bars together, gone out for drinks etc. 

1 hour ago, a-447 said:

I have met quite a few members from the 3 gay boards in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai over the years.

Apart from the now deceased Neal, they have been very enjoyable encounters. We've shared meals, met over coffee, gone to bars together, gone out for drinks etc. 

😂Neal 

He was always very polite to me,but they the bar owners were characters in those days you must admit ,must be 2014 he left? 

Now I guess you really couldn't name any bar owners.

Times change ,there was a lot more "social" among farangs 15 years ago 

It started more or less to go when The Corner Bar changed hands,and a few other bar owners disappeared and of course many of the friendly farangs died TJ , Richard ,Monty,  , etc a lot more 

The corner bar was great place to meet many farangs ,I forget the owners name now, lovely guy always used to buy me a wine in the bar next door for some reason 😂it was a fantastic social bar ,I remember him and his younger friend who I heard got married later in the Philippines.

Scott, As far as I know the owners of The Corner Bar went back to the USA ,can't remember their names lovely guys ,seem to be a father & son but they were there 2009-2011, bought it off another American guy who was also a nice social guy, fantastic guys and great bar 💙👍👍

Neal died April 2014 ,who used to own a Go Go  ( can't remember the name) died it's rumoured on a plane back to America,he was around 180kg and used to own another gay forum board which I believe still operates.

Monty who owned various businesses in around Sunee always reminded me of Fagin in Oliver Twist,often street type guys he had around his bars , he ended up dying in 2013 in Pattaya ( there were some rumours it was chicken poisoning delivered by another bar owner😂) and I believe he  is buried in a temple somewhere.

Another guy (john) was a real real character, from England originally he was a regular on gay forums I think he had the handle LMtu  ? Or similar a real character,you new guys would of loved him ,he would of found you ,he would be walking around Sunee Plaza a lot ,a very very  funny guy , life of the party 😂

But I always checked my pockets after shaking his hand 😂

There was a lot lot more "characters" in that era 💚

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Scott, As far as I know the owners of The Corner Bar went back to the USA ,can't remember their names lovely guys ,seem to be a father & son but they were there 2009-2011, bought it off another American guy who was also a nice social guy, fantastic guys and great bar 💙👍👍

Neal died April 2014 ,who used to own a Go Go  ( can't remember the name) died it's rumoured on a plane back to America,he was around 180kg and used to own another gay forum board which I believe still operates.

Monty who owned various businesses in around Sunee always reminded me of Fagin in Oliver Twist,often street type guys he had around his bars , he ended up dying in 2013 in Pattaya ( there were some rumours it was chicken poisoning delivered by another bar owner😂) and I believe he  is buried in a temple somewhere.

Another guy (john) was a real real character, from England originally he was a regular on gay forums I think he had the handle LMtu  ? Or similar a real character,you new guys would of loved him ,he would of found you ,he would be walking around Sunee Plaza a lot ,a very very  funny guy , life of the party 😂

But I always checked my pockets after shaking his hand 😂

There was a lot lot more "characters" in that era 💚

Crabby/Michael was the owner of Corner Bar back then; the name of his younger partner was Thomas, but they were not father & son and they  did return to USA.

Michael bought Corner Bar from a man by the name of Gary.

Regarding LMTU (Let Me Tell You) there were those who admired him and others who loathed him. He died a painful death from a form of throat cancer.

Neal did die on a plane on the way to USA .

7 hours ago, scott456 said:

Did those deceased members died in Thailand?  Who took care of their dying processes and all the matters afterwards?

firecat, only deceased member I met died in USA.

Speaking about dearly departed , some members may recall case of American guy who went to BKK, was reporting his trip  daily, complaining at one point about feeling unwell , then fell silent and died in Raya of massive heart attack day before his birthday. I don't recall His nick 

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

firecat, only deceased member I met died in USA.

Speaking about dearly departed , some members may recall case of American guy who went to BKK, was reporting his trip  daily, complaining at one point about feeling unwell , then fell silent and died in Raya of massive heart attack day before his birthday. I don't recall His nick 

I recalled after having a coffee, Lurkerspeaks was His nick, God let Him rest in peace

5 hours ago, kokopelli 2 said:

Regarding LMTU (Let Me Tell You) there were those who admired him and others who loathed him. He died a painful death from a form of throat cancer.

Very true - and very sad. He had posted on this Board about his cancer which he had had treated in the King Chulalongkorn public hospital near Lumphini Park. He raved about the treatment he received and said it was a small fraction of what he would have had to pay in the private hospitals. Unfortunately he either had no medical insurance or very little. So when the cancer returned he had no money for more treatment. I recall he wrote he stayed with friends in Bangkok who let him sleep on their sofa. And then he passed away.

No matter what your feelings about him, it was a very sad way to die. It also brought back on to the forum the absolute necessity of members who live in Thailand having some form of insurance to cover costly on-going medical treatment.

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Hi Guys,

Do mmbrs of this forum fraternise when in Thailand, or is anonymity the rule?

I dont rmmbr reading here reports, that included any interaction btw ourselves.

For example: when seating in venues, do u always seat only with the boys, even though there r other farangs who might b nice company?

When I'll visit Pattaya in Nov, will I b able to meet vetrans, if only for guidance? Drinks on me.....

Good question👌

I have got to know one German guy in Jomtien but not got to know many more really.

I often look around seeing some guys and wondering if they are members here too 

I'm in Jomtien until 4 Nov if you fancy meeting up?

The AT HOME BAR is great and similarly THE SUN BAR opposite.....some lovely boys and Birthday Parties 👍🏼👌🍺😎

3 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Very true - and very sad. He had posted on this Board about his cancer which he had had treated in the King Chulalongkorn public hospital near Lumphini Park. He raved about the treatment he received and said it was a small fraction of what he would have had to pay in the private hospitals. Unfortunately he either had no medical insurance or very little. So when the cancer returned he had no money for more treatment. I recall he wrote he stayed with friends in Bangkok who let him sleep on their sofa. And then he passed away.

No matter what your feelings about him, it was a very sad way to die. It also brought back on to the forum the absolute necessity of members who live in Thailand having some form of insurance to cover costly on-going medical treatment.

Yes , terrible disease,and to think he never smoked either , 

Talking about medical insurance,I recall a  late well known Pattaya YouTuber ,"Kev in Thailand" also failing to take out medical insurance, apparently he was going to wait till he was 60 and a only a few months off that when he got diagnosed with Cancer 😟

But I guess cost is the main reason many expats don't have it,along with the attitude, "it won't happen to me"

12 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Talking about medical insurance,I recall a  late well known Pattaya YouTuber ,"Kev in Thailand" also failing to take out medical insurance.

it's always other people who get sick or die, never us. Usually we realize it's not true when is bit too late.

Not even sure it's bad thing as I know few people who are terrorizing themselves and their close ones with health concerns most of their pretty  long lives. 

4 hours ago, Vessey said:

Two sadly have now passed on but I remember them fondly for their friendship, advice and wisdom.

The third has hopefully many more years left in him as he is quite a lot younger than me

Remind me to never become your wingman!! 

(Before anyone downvotes me, I do know Vessey, so this is an in joke!)

14 minutes ago, colmx said:

Remind me to never become your wingman!! 

(Before anyone downvotes me, I do know Vessey, so this is an in joke!)

actually I'm thinking that that third wingman with many years left in him mentioned by Vessey is you, no?

We never met but I recall when I met Vessey few years ago he mentioned you are coming in a day or two  and your day or arrival was my day of departure ,