12is12

Farang fraternising?

10 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

there were rumours you were in jail or died?

I used to remember your in depth reports of " dust on top of the wardrobe" in one place in dongtan beach ,oh must be 15 years ago ?

I have added your link,love the report of the Thai blind massage 👍👍

I am flatterred (insert deep japanese bow). My life was not so dramatic. Yes there was a long hiatus when I couldn't travel much because I had to care for aging parents, oddly enough, similar to the very topic being discussed here. After that issue resolved itself, I found myself working flat out with little free time until I had had enough and quit.

I will resurrect my report on Bondi hotel on Dongtan beach just for kicks. The hotel's long gone.

Alrighty, for Olddaddy, here's the revived post about the erstwhile Bondi Guest House:

https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/2022/08/15/beachside-hotel-if-beachside-is-really-important-to-you/

Strangely, what I remember most about that one stay in that hotel was the great fuck that I had with a boy I brought back from Boyztown. 🤣 Never mind the filth... so long as the sex is good.

35 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Alrighty, for Olddaddy, here's the revived post about the erstwhile Bondi Guest House:

https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/2022/08/15/beachside-hotel-if-beachside-is-really-important-to-you/

Strangely, what I remember most about that one stay in that hotel was the great fuck that I had with a boy I brought back from Boyztown. 🤣 Never mind the filth... so long as the sex is good.

I love your work, for years I often wondered where you went , of course I always thought the worst ,even some posts on forums I recall didn't seem to know where you went .

I'm just so glad your back !!

I recall you had the "key" thing or coloured things as indicators,can't remember what they call it ,key indicators? Oh I'm going mad trying to remember 20 years ago 😂

2 hours ago, kokopelli 2 said:

Not necessarily; a friend was at the facility in Chiang Mai and did hit on at least one male attendant.

possible as in words of my grandmother " in old furnace , devil set a fire" although there are questions about extend of both of disability and what "hit on' actually meant.

Your comment reminded me a scene from Tawan from few years ago. Very old and frail gentleman aided by walker and few Tawan own boys showed up and sat down inviting boys to come and let him  a feel of their jewels for a tip. His face expression was one of happiness I remember to this day. It was  actually quite spirit uplifting

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

possible as in words of my grandmother " in old furnace , devil set a fire" although there are questions about extend of both of disability and what "hit on' actually meant.

Your comment reminded me a scene from Tawan from few years ago. Very old and frail gentleman aided by walker and few Tawan own boys showed up and sat down inviting boys to come and let him  a feel of their jewels for a tip. His face expression was one of happiness I remember to this day. It was  actually quite spirit uplifting

My friend's disability was that he used a wheelchair of sorts. As far as "hit on" he literally did like to punch his lad  in the abdomen which amused him. The lad was given warnings of the upcoming punch.

• Members
On 8/15/2022 at 8:29 PM, Olddaddy said:

I love your work, for years I often wondered where you went , of course I always thought the worst ,even some posts on forums I recall didn't seem to know where you went .

I'm just so glad your back !!

I recall you had the "key" thing or coloured things as indicators,can't remember what they call it ,key indicators? Oh I'm going mad trying to remember 20 years ago 😂

Thank you for providing that link.  I wonder how much else he will post.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, PeterRS said:

He has his own room with en suite, a lovely garden setting, communal dining room, daily nursing care and plenty of buzzers for unexpected emergencies. His facility also has half a dozen daily return minibus trips in to Chiang Mai. Best of all the all-in monthly cost is far lower than he expected. I'm not sure of the exact price but will post it when I next speak to him.

My friend pays 34,000 baht for his room at the care home. This includes single room with en suite, all meals (western and Thai), laundry and room cleaning service and on call medical familities. In addition his medications cost around 6,500 baht per month.

• Members

Who is managing the person's financial and healthcare affairs?  I mean in the traditional setting where the person has family, the family usually manage the financial affairs, and coordinate the person healthcare, ie, looking for appropriate doctors, making deposit, paying the bills, and lot of medical treatments require consents.  All these small things add up, some seniors are just not capable of doing all by himself. 

17 minutes ago, vinapu said:

we need some new travel report or something otherwise our forum will start depressing us.

Most popular subjects recently , widely discussed and responded  are sickness and care homes 

I love this forum and contribute when I can. 

But years ago I did post one trip report - but never again! :( 

2 hours ago, scott456 said:

Who is managing the person's financial and healthcare affairs?  I mean in the traditional setting where the person has family, the family usually manage the financial affairs, and coordinate the person healthcare, ie, looking for appropriate doctors, making deposit, paying the bills, and lot of medical treatments require consents.  All these small things add up, some seniors are just not capable of doing all by himself. 

With respect, I don't think that this is of anyone's interest. All I will say is that this Thai man is not a visitor or a sex tourist. He has spent all his life living in Thailand apart from vacations and business travel. As with most people living in their own home country, he has close friends. One whom he trusts implicitly having known her and her family for six or seven decades looks after his legal affairs as well as his funds and allocates them appropriately.

• Members
2 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

With respect, I don't think that this is of anyone's interest. All I will say is that this Thai man is not a visitor or a sex tourist. He has spent all his life living in Thailand apart from vacations and business travel. As with most people living in their own home country, he has close friends. One whom he trusts implicitly having known her and her family for six or seven decades looks after his legal affairs as well as his funds and allocates them appropriately.

OK. Sorry I missed this part, he is a local Thai man.

17 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Well, I started this thread in order to spread comaradship (-:

It led to strolls down memory lanes,

which turned morbid....   )-:

as always , thread meanders and not always goes as  to intended . Nothing wrong with that, it shows where actual interest of contributors is.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

we need some new travel report or something otherwise our forum will start depressing us.

Most popular subjects recently , widely discussed and responded  are sickness and care homes 

this comment of mine was not intended to be sarcastic , more matter-of-fact noticing where it may lead